GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: Problem enabling salt.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello.

I'm trying to enable salt to my login and cookies according to the guide here: http://get-simple.info/wiki/how_to:chang...ord_salted

The problem I have is that I get no change in changing the password after I've enabled the two define lines. The web site simply logs out and demands that I need to login again but since I've got salted passwords now I have no success.

Am I missing something or what do I do wrong?

Thanks in advance, K
are you logged in when you change or enable the salt ?
(2015-04-13, 01:23:40)shawn_a Wrote: [ -> ]are you logged in when you change or enable the salt ?

I've tried both being logged in and logged out. When I'm login and try to navigate on the admin site I just gets dumped to the login page.

/K
Ok. I solved it. I don't know if I'm reading instructions poorly or something.

It worked when I didn't try to enable both login and cookie salt at the same time. If I first enabled login, changed password to get the salted password and then enabling the cookie salt it worked.

Thanks for the help.

/K
interesting, good to note, makes sense I think , if your cookie salt changes, your session breaks, so you cannot save profile.

Ill see if I can add some protection for that, and fix docs.
Thank you thek

I'm glad I found this, you described the problem perfectly.

I'm a new user, so far so good!

RandyC
Not sure i fixed this, i forgot illadd it tp github