GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: Order of menu items
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First of all: Thank you for such an easy CMS!
I'm trying to re-publish an old pure html-diary of 2002 using GetSimple. It is supposed to look like this (or somehow similar)
http://das-typografische-labor.no-crab.de/

As far as I get it, the order of the menu items is ruled by the time of entry. For some arty reason the menu should contain all 180 entries, that means there'll be 180 numbers in an order from 001 to 180 (which might not be common).

How can I change the order of the items? At the moment they are out of order Wink The 'priority'-thingy only shows a number of 20 'priorities'. Well. I hope you know what I mean...

Thanx for your help!
Bee
Hello;
Inside of admin/edit.php has the values of order. Search option value in edit.php, near then end, and adds all one you wants...
Here is to 30:
Code:
<option value="">-</option><option value="1">1</option><option value="2">2</option><option value="3">3</option><option value="4">4</option><option value="5">5</option><option value="6">6</option><option value="7">7</option><option value="8">8</option><option value="9">9</option><option value="10">10</option><option value="11">11</option><option value="12">12</option><option value="13">13</option><option value="14">14</option><option value="15">15</option><option value="16">16</option><option value="17">17</option><option value="18">18</option><option value="19">19</option><option value="20">20</option><option value="21">21</option><option value="22">22</option><option value="23">23</option><option value="24">24</option><option value="25">25</option><option value="26">26</option><option value="27">27</option><option value="28">28</option><option value="29">29</option><option value="30">30</option>

Regards.
Phantastic!
Thanx a lot for your help, cumbe.
Could it be that easy?
Yeah, it is that easy, though I guess it might be a bit bothersome to do it for 180 different numbers? Give me a second to solve that for you…

Update:
OK, open up edit.php and go to line 232. This should be something like:
Code:
<option value="">-</option><option value="1">1</option> …
Select the whole line, all these options, and put this there instead:
Code:
<option value="">-</option><?php for($n=0;$n<180;$n++){echo '<option value="'.($n+1).'">'.($n+1).'</option>';} ?>
Just change the 180 into anything you want!
I was already up to 50...
Thank you so much, this is even more easy and works perfectly!
Great!