GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: r163 contact form problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
in r162 standard contact from was working fine. I did a test upgrading to r163 and the page didn't render completely. I guess <?php set_contact_page(); is broken.

is there a new syntax for a standard contact page in in 2.02 (r163+) ?
It’s not broken, it has been removed. As of r163 GetSimple no longer comes with a build in contact form.

Mid-february we (Chris) decided that things like this should be offered as plugins and not in the core. r163 took everything that has to do with the contact form out of the core.
Zegnåt Wrote:It’s not broken, it has been removed. As of r163 GetSimple no longer comes with a build in contact form.

Ok, thanks. Is there an official/stable contact form plugin, or do you plan to realease the old code (working fine for me !) as a plugin ?
The old code might be launch as a plugin, yes. The idea of this was to split it into a plugin. I just haven’t gotten around to writing the plugin yet.
Zegnåt Wrote:The old code might be launch as a plugin, yes. The idea of this was to split it into a plugin. I just haven’t gotten around to writing the plugin yet.

Great, thanks ! If you need a beta tester for the plugin count on me. I have a site using standard contact form on r162 waiting to be upgraded.
Explain me please what is r162? And how it concern to php form?
r-numbers refer to GetSimple development versions. I removed the standard contact form in r163. So if you really need that email form you should not update to the latest development build.
Zegnåt Wrote:It’s not broken, it has been removed. As of r163 GetSimple no longer comes with a build in contact form.

Mid-february we (Chris) decided that things like this should be offered as plugins and not in the core. r163 took everything that has to do with the contact form out of the core.

A note of this ought to be made here (or, better, the page just be taken down):
http://get-simple.info/docs/howto-contact-form