GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: Getting a theme to recognize a plugin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have noticed that switching to a newer theme will cause come plugins to stop functioning.

Is there tutorial or guide that shows what code is needed to register a plugin to be recognized by a theme?
This makes no sense. It would only affect themes you have placed custom functions into , like i18n stuff
Maybe I should be more specific -

I am trying the plugin nanoGallery4GS http://get-simple.info/extend/plugin/nan...ry4gs/630/

Works great with "Innovation", "Cardinal", "greyish", and "Kuusamo"

It does not work with "Bootstrap 3GS", "Lucid", or "Astonish"

What is the difference with the last three themes?
Describe "does not work"
It is possible these themes do not have get_footer() calls in them, which is pretty much a requirement for themes if they expect plugins to work in them.
Does not work means the flickr gallery does not appear.
Looks like an issue with jQuery being loaded twice (by the theme and by the plugin)
if the themes has jQuery, I recommend to remove the line 29 in the file nanoslider.php
Where is that line in nanogallery_getitems.php?
(2015-07-08, 15:38:34)projwest Wrote: [ -> ]Where is that line in nanogallery_getitems.php?
line 29 in nanogallery3.php

Code:
queue_script('jquery', GSFRONT);
I commented out line 29 and that did not have an effect.
maybe it makes sense to show the source code of the page?
you are going to have to use your browsers debug console(F12) to see errors, and also check gs error log.
see debugging section in wiki.