GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: Login problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just moved GS site site from a subfolder to the root. No new installation, just copied the all the folders , naturally changing the path . (keeping the original site in the subfolder for the time being) The new setup works flawlessly, all pages, images, links have the new path, etc, except for the login problem.
I have to login or logout through the old admin panel, otherwise it doesn't work. I presume it is due to the fact that I didn't do a new install.
Not a major problem, but I wonder if there is an easy way to fix it.
thanks

Lazlo
did you copy the files?
htaccess and index.php

This doesn't really make any sense.
If you moved it there should be no OLD admin what does that mean?
Yes, I copied the whole GS folder into the root ( keeping the old one in the sub-folder intact )
Everything works perfectly, I can use the new admin panel without any problem. The only thing is the login, that seems to work with the old site.
Once I log in to the old site the new one is logged in as well and if I log out on the old site I get logged out in the new as well.
What exactly happens if you try to login with the new login page?

you probably need to remove your old install and see what errors you get my guess is your install is picking up the wrong files.

This is probably a cookie path issue, they are using the same cookie, not sure if its fixable, or if it is only exists cause you have a install inside another install root
(2015-08-15, 07:57:59)shawn_a Wrote: [ -> ]What exactly happens if you try to login with the new login page?

you probably need to remove your old install and see what errors you get my guess is your install is picking up the wrong files.

This is probably a cookie path issue, they are using the same cookie, not sure if its fixable, or if it is only exists cause you have a install inside another install root

Thank you so much Shawn for your replies. I just found another problem with the new site , so I am going to do migration the right way this time, as written up on the Forum.
The lazy way doesn't work !
Thanks again

Lazlo