GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: Duplicate all root level pages into new directory
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My client is launching a new branch of their organization in a new city. I've been asked to take original GetSimple install and create duplicate pages in /newcity directory so client can edit content specific to the new city. Our plan is to then do the same with the original content into a new subdirectory like /originalcity then create a new template to use as a landing page where oursite.com visitor will have a choice to go to oursite.com/originalcity or our oursite.com/newcity.

I found a ticket that explains how to create a new template for use for the home landing page. I am wondering - is there a simple method I can use to duplicate all of the original secondary pages in a new /newcity directory?
Another catch I found with this approach… will it be possible to have two different sidebar/footer navs? One for /originalcity and one for /newcity? We are thinking the landing page template will have no nav, but just two buttons in sidebar - /originalcity and /newcity.

I hope this approach will be possible within a single GetSimple install.
Yes you can use components in your template.

The problem will be you need to do a global search and replace on the sub pages to change all the slugs to unique
parent_sub
and change all the parents to new parent.

If you know how to use real ide or text editors this should be a 5 mintue job

just remember that GS does not support multilevel slugs

so
index1/child
index2/child
is impossible as you now have 2 "child" slugs.

so they must be unique slugs
So,

I can have:

site.com
site.com/city1
site.com/city2

and

site.com
site.com/city1/about
site.com/city2/about

or it must be

site.com
site.com/city1/about1
site.com/city2/about2

Aslo, can city1 and city2 each have their own unique set of page navigation in sidebar?
you cannot have

site.com
site.com/city1/about
site.com/city2/about

unless you use a custom plugin to map those routes to a unique slug filename

Either way the page names must be unique.

you could also use some fancy rewrite rules to
point
/city1/about to page city1_about

there has been some discussion of this solution on the forum.
Maybe it would be more 'simple' if we just have 3 installs of get simple?? 1 for landing page, one for city1 and one for city2. All 3 with the same login credentials but with site.com/admin site.com/city1/admin site.com/city2/admin so that we can keep the similar slug hierarchy on the front end??
That might be the easiest if you plan on having alot of them or alot of subpages.