GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: hi fi audio
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Any hifi fans?

So i have been waiting like 20 years to spend buko load of money on hi fi audio or get into it.
This has never happened, there are much better things i justify for the money of audiophile quality hardware.

So I am just going to dive in cheap, any suggestions for a small stack to start  ?

I am looking at the cheapest possible route asap, then ill worry about mods or custom builds.

I am looking at kits also ( im handy )

eyeballing the objective 2 and odac

or maybe a schit stack with the magni 2 uber

For now i am using my beats headphones and jbl computer speakers, so nothing special.

Any suggestions welcome, chipsets and opamp suggestions, i am still researching stuff.

I have heard bad stuff about most of the $100 solutions, like nuforce and audioengine, the fiio and smsl stuff looks promising , but I don't know if they use good hardware as they are chinese, and probable have more noise than I want.

But i may be wrong.
Oh my main problem is i am picky and want a passive preamp or a headphone amp with preouts ( which is not in the cheap routes ) this way I can use volume control for headphones and desktop speakers and be able to swtich.
oh and probably no tubes, I listen to modern music that is best uncolorred ( i thiink, i really have no idea ) having never heard it.
I grabbed the infamous Objective 2 Headphone Amp from JD Labs and a sweet pair of BeyerDynamics DT 770 PRO 80 Ohms and have been extremely happy with them, they make my workday so much better.

I really recommend the bayerdynamic', they have a very true-sound and are extremely comfortable to wear (even with glasses)

Picture:

[Image: headphone-amp.jpg]
(Blurred the code on the right screen as its company property)
I use the mini-blink as a bluetooth(aptx)-dac to play music from mobile phone. I think it's pretty good for this type of device (and for the price).

Self-build systems can potentially be of better quality for the price. I use these speakers:
https://www.hifisound.de/en/Top-offers/D...binet.html

I heard speakers make for 70% of the sound quality, so you should mostly infest in that.
Thanks for the input guys, i went ahead and picked up a objective2 from mayflower on sale, diy turned out to be not worth my time for the price.

Ill build something else or recase it as a desktop perhaps, ill probably add an odac to it or pickup some other dac.

Sounds pretty good, i didnt realize how shitty these jacks are, so I am probably gonna rework the case into a desktop with nice jacks.