GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: Mini Blog (beta)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey,

I made a very small and clean object orientated plugin for get-simple Smile its just for a small blog/news page and its called really easy in your theme with mini_blog();

I know there is a couple of similar plugins already but they werent to my liking and I required to-spec for my personal site Big Grin

The only install step is to create the file data/other/mini_blog.xml with the following contents:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" standalone="yes"?>
<blog></blog>

Then you should all be good Smile please give any feedback or bugs to this thread as i am willing to work on it abit past my own needs for people.

Download: http://www.jeed.me/mini_blog.zip

Jeed.

Updates/Changelog:
* Fixed a bug with ckeditor implementation.
* I have now implemented ckeditor into miniblog, due to not being able to cleanly decide where the ckeditor files should be in the plugin (I am aware that get-simple already has ckeditor, but thats a long way away Smile ) the ckeditor files are hosted on a directory on my webserver, and if you use miniblog for now it will use that to run your ckeditor.

(If anyone has any suggestions to do this a different way please tell me and it'll be done.)

I have only got it using a minimal toolbar and right now it all seems to work fine, I have made sure it is properly escaped for the XML storage but if you find a way to break it, let me know Big Grin

Here is the link to a preview of how its looking for me so far:
Code:
http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/6341/miniblogckeditorpreview.png

The new version is availiable here:
Code:
http://www.jeed.me/miniblog-0.2.zip

Use the original link if you do not want ckeditor used.
as in the menu to add, where the code to insert
Cool thx.

I can only have one post at the time, is that right? ...and possiblility to edit the post after publishingSmile
Jeed Wrote:Hey,

I made a very small and clean object orientated plugin for get-simple Smile its just for a small blog/news page and its called really easy in your theme with mini_blog();

I know there is a couple of similar plugins already but they werent to my liking and I required to-spec for my personal site Big Grin

The only install step is to create the file data/other/mini_blog.xml with the following contents:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" standalone="yes"?>
<blog></blog>

Then you should all be good Smile please give any feedback or bugs to this thread as i am willing to work on it abit past my own needs for people.

Download: http://www.jeed.me/mini_blog.zip

Jeed.
figured out, it works, but too simple
It supports multiple posts and ive tried it on a couple of installs and it seems to work fine for me.

I know it may be simple but the aim was to give a cleaner base, most other plugins i tried the code was well.. ugly and I could'nt even get them all to work.

If anyone wants anything added then i'll do it. I havent added modify post because i didnt require it but ifits wanted its simple to implement..
Add ckeditor
Ckeditor is implemented Smile
Now plugin your all broke, I can not add a new page Smile
Hmmm sorry to hear that but it is working for me on multiple get-simple installs, can you give me any errors or traces of this?
Notice: Undefined index: DATE_AND_TIME_FORMAT in /home/cp057944/public_html/time.ru/1/admin/inc/basic.php on line 211
Its due to a core update or bug, my line 211 for that file is just a close comment (*/) and im using the latest stable version which means the plugin may not be compatible with SVN versions.

Also note the file the error is in is a core file so I don't think my plugin would trigger this anyway, sorry i cant be of more help I suggest reverting your install.
Oleg06 Wrote:Notice: Undefined index: DATE_AND_TIME_FORMAT […] on line 211
That would be an issue with your language file. Please check whether there is a DATE_AND_TIME_FORMAT string in your translation.
Thanks for clearing that up for us mate Smile

EDIT:: just spotted a bug, could be to do with what you was on about, I've now fixed it and its in the download for miniblog-0.2, please try this Smile
That's what happens
set miniblog-0.2 and added a line in the language file
utf-8
I see the problem with that, As I had only tested the ckeditor implementation with English I didn't see this, the way I escape the ckeditor output for use in XML storage is efficient, but it will cripple unique language characters.

I'll look into a workaround for this.
I've updated this plugin a bit, as I found nSys to be overkill for my needs.

Updates:
  • Uses the built in ckeditor and toolbar settings - hopefully this should save some traffic to your server!
  • Blog posts can now be edited - click on the title in the post list
  • Altered the markup that is emitted into the page - should make the posts integrate with the selected theme
  • Users can use the tags to filter blog posts - comma seperated tags will become links

You can download the updated version here:
http://www.helixtech.org.uk/files/mini-blog-0.3.zip
Having a problem calling the mini blog script.

Is it...
<?php mini_blog(); ?>

Thanks.

homershines
homershines Wrote:Having a problem calling the mini blog script.

Is it...
<?php mini_blog(); ?>

Thanks.

homershines

Yep, that's the function, I put it in a new template page so i can add "Blog" to the menu.
I can not add news
Oleg06 Wrote:I can not add news
Ah, i've found a very stupid bug to do with post ids.

I've fixed it, and uploaded it in the same place as before, and attached it to the post.
Code:
Warning: array_reverse() [function.array-reverse]: The argument should be an array in Z:\home\get7.ru\www\plugins\mini_blog.php on line 72

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in Z:\home\get7.ru\www\plugins\mini_blog.php on line 73
Code:
Warning: array_reverse() [function.array-reverse]: The argument should be an array in Z:\home\get7.ru\www\plugins\mini_blog.php on line 123

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in Z:\home\get7.ru\www\plugins\mini_blog.php on line 127
Fixed it again (thanks for spotting that Oleg!)
oooops
Ok, here's version 0.4:
  • UTF-8 support for foreign characters
  • Better escaping of html entities
  • Uses built in GS functions for data management - greater reliability

Either copy the included 'mini_blog.xml' to the '/data/other' directory, or change your existing one so the first line reads:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

At this point more of the code is mine than Jeed's original, so I've changed my name to be the primary author, with him as the originator. If you want to take it over again Jeed, i'll be happy to change it back.

Thanks again to Oleg for finding all the bugs!

Download is attached, or available at http://www.helixtech.org.uk/files/mini-blog-0.4.zip
everything is good, but the picture is not inserted
Pages: 1 2