GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: How to hide elements in core template files?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm new to GetSimple and really like what I see. Currently I'm just getting a feel for this CMS.

As to my question, I've installed the plugin "Multi User" and would like to hide some page elements if the user is not an admin. The best way for me to explain is to show an example... see attached screenshot.

[attachment=655]

How can I do this without changing the core files?

Brian
I tried deleting this question, but it appears that I do not have permission. Since the "Multi User" plugin doesn't appear to be updated regularly, I just modified the plugin the hide the elements that I do not want to appear if the user is not an admin.

If an admin would like to delete this thread, please do as I do not see any benefit to other users.
your best bet is to hide it on your own using local js, and using a hook on the server side to block requests also
My original thought was to use JS, but not sure how to determine if the user is an admin.
Well there is no such thing as admin in gs, but the multiuser plugin probably has a flag and a fucntion to check it, ask in the proper thread.
Thanks Shawn! I'm still trying to learn a lot and might figure it out along the way. This is only cosmetic changes so I will ask later in the proper thread if I do not find the answer myself.