GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: questions about admin email address
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is the admin email address stored in multiple places or just one? Where?

What are the consequences of having no email address, just having it blank, for the admin account?

Because I did fill in an email when installing the site, but there was an email send error, and the email field is blank once I finished the installation.
You cannot recover access to GS admin when you forgot your password. Afaik that's the only thing..
(2016-07-01, 18:33:46)datiswous Wrote: [ -> ]You cannot recover access to GS admin when you forgot your password. Afaik that's the only thing..

And it's stored in Admin/Users in an xml file. 

Now I think - do some plugins use it? p01contact? GSBlog?
(2016-07-01, 18:33:46)datiswous Wrote: [ -> ]You cannot recover access to GS admin when you forgot your password. Afaik that's the only thing..

But, since I have FTP access I could just manually edit the password in the admin user xml file right?
(2016-07-01, 20:38:33)ferby Wrote: [ -> ]

But, since I have FTP access I could just manually edit the password in the admin user xml file right?

Not exactly. The password is encrypted. But if you copy the encrypted form of a known password from another GetSimple site, that will get you in.
Its sha1
If using a salt in gsconfig you will also have to turn that off when you change it
Sending probably failed because you either do not have smtp or you can try setting the from account in gsconfig
Thanks for the clear and quick answers!