GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: Can't change theme.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm using Xubuntu 16.04 with a web site on localhost.

I set up the site OK, but subsequently had HD problems, so I changed the HD and installed  a fresh Xubuntu. I then copied over the original site files to the new system, chmod'd them to 777 and made them owned by myself.

I now find I can't change from the theme I used on the original installation. If I try to change the theme I get the message that the theme has been successfully changed, but it doesn't in fact do so.

Pretty well stuck now and could do with a helping hand, please!

Jim
Check logs error and host
Try disabling chmod with gsnochmod as in the other thread with the same title
Thanks for the replies.

The line in gsconfig.php:

# define('GSDOCHMOD',false);

Is commented out, so I presume GS can chmod.

After checking permissions and repeatedly <chmod -R 777 ./www/*> from the /var directory, I can now change the theme, but can't save 'Settings->General Settings'. I get the message "Error: Unable to continue: Unable to write the configuration file. CHMOD 755 or 777 the /data, /backups folders & sub-folders and retry."

Also, even though I've got the latest GS and have flushed the caches, it fails the upgrade check.

Jim
I am guessing you have chmod disabled, usually is the case with lamps etc.

or you have a permission error.

either way there is no point guessing, host error logs clearly indicate these problems.