GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: Update blog entry programmatically?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello

I need to build a MeetUp-like site where the blog part would actually be events to which registered members of the site can sign up AND the forum would be the place where they can talk. Obviously, they should only have to create an account once.

I like the fact that GetSimple is fast and easy, and that it uses PunBB.

1. Does it support single sign-on, so that users can eg. post comments in blog entries AND post in the forum?
2. If not, as a work-around, I could add some code from PunBB in the template of the blog to include a login form which would call a PHP script. In that case: Does GetSimple support updating a blog entry through code, so that the PHP script can add/remove the user from an event, and update the entry?

Thank you.
GetSimple does not use PunBB I’m afraid, we just run an installation of PunBB here to offer people support. There is no integration there at all, so it doesn’t support any form of single sign-on.

I’m afraid I’m not really clear on what you mean by “updating a blog entry though code”. But I think I’ll have to say no as there is no fully developed blog plugin for GetSimple out there, (please correct me if I’m wrong).

You could probably get your idea to work, but it will involve quite some coding. You might be better off finding a CMS that already has integration with a forum figured out.
Right, but the only CMS I found that has some kind of integration is Wordpress, but I couldn't get the bbPress connector to work with it.

I'll see what I can do this a simpler blog application like GS.

Thank you.