GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: Permanently changing and renaming a theme (Innovation)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I would like to completely rename my individually tuned Innovation theme, to InnovationNN, which could survive updates without any hazard. (Just adding some templates would not help me since I also changed header and footer and css files).

Therefore I renamed:
the /themes/Innovation folder to "InnovationNN"
the /plugins/InnovationPlugin.php to "InnovationNNPlugin.php"
the /plugins/InnovationPlugin folder to "InnovationNNPlugin".

It seems to work, but the settings for the theme in the GUI have disappeared. I suppose that comes from the InnovationNNPlugin.php file. I can activate it at Plugins, but the settings stay disappeared.

Seems I need to edit the file, but I do not know how exactly.

Could you help me?

Hypertexter
I thought i modified that to work with renames, but I do not see the changes.
hmm where did i do that ?
If you did: would my renames be correct? These two folders and the php file?
You probably have to change several strings in the main php file too:
"Innovation" and 'Innovation' in lines 34, 35
OK I'll do... what about line 12:
$innovation_file=GSDATAOTHERPATH .'InnovationSettings.xml';

Do I need a InnovationSettingsNN.xml?
Yes!
[edit] Perhaps it's not necessary.
I did all the changes (lines 12, 34, 35 and the folders and file), and it now shows the Innovation theme settings in Templates.

BUT: In Plugins the two files InnovationNNPlugin and InnovationPlugin seem to have a conflict.

I activate InnovationNNPlugin and it disappears from the plugin list. (but the theme settings then appear in Templates).
When I activate the standard InnovationPlugin, which is still shown in Plugins, I get an error message and when refreshing the page, GS crashes/shows nothing any more, no page.

I have to remove the InnovationPlugin.php file to get my website back...

Something seems to compete there.
well you cant have the both loaded at the same time, because all the functions are named the same.
so maybe both are active ?
OK. I thought I could make a completely independent custom theme, next to the standard theme...
since it uses a plugin its gonna be a bunch of work, but if only one plugin is active at a time it should be ok.
I think i was thinking of this change
http://get-simple.info/forums/showthread...u#pid54071

it lets you use the same plugin for other themes.
OK... but this is no solution to have two innovation themes activated at the same time?
string replace all functon names
Do you mean editing the InnovationPlugin.php by doing a string search and replace of all hits "Innovation" by "InnovationNN"?
Yes