GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: Navigation Order
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I can't seem to figure out how to change the order of the nav items in the drop down - can this be done, the priority doesn't seem to effect the drop down menu.

Thanks,
Dawn
Use Zegnåt's multilevel menu plugin. Then go to components -> menu options (don't remember exactly, but it's the latest button in menu).

Of course you have set the order of all pages you have created ?
I do have that plugin installed, but don't see "components / menu options" anywhere.

Dawn
It’s under the theme tab in the right hand menu and the option is called “Change Menu Settings”. There you can manage by what information items in the menu are sorted.
i'm sorry i'm being clueless here,but i'm not understanding how to control the order of sub-menu items.

thx,
dawn
They are sorted (just like all menu items) by the way specified in the page found under “Change Menu Settings”. There shouldn’t be anything else that sorts them.
Thanks, got it figured out!!!!

You folks are really helpful and I'm really liking this CMS.

Dawn
Is there a way of ordering the Nav Menu Alpahbeticaly (automatically) without changing the page order by number
Stobbsy Wrote:Is there a way of ordering the Nav Menu alphabetically?
Not in the default GetSimple menu, but there is in my menu plugin. Though my plugin has this feature, it might not be easy to get my plugin working if you don’t have at least some HTML/CSS knowledge.
Is there any chance to change the sorting method in the pages-administration? Right now they are sorted alphabetically and i would like to sort them by publication date. How can i do this?
Thanks for any help.
also be aware that if you do sort by date, it is not publication date but the last edited date.
Yes, your right... And how about sorting by the priority?
rozmiar Wrote:Is there any chance to change the sorting method in the pages-administration?
Not without using a plugin. The standard menu function only sorts by priority and ends with that. If you use my menu plugin you can set-up rules for the ordering under “Change Menu Settings”.
rozmiar Wrote:I would like to sort them by publication date. How can I do this?
Set the sorting to pubdate to get the menu sorted by the edit date. If you want it to be sorted by the first publication date you will need an extra plugin to add this information to the XML file, Zegnåt’s multi-level navigation can sort by any value that exists within the page’s XML file.
Thanks Zegnåt for a reply. Actually i'm using your plugin and it works perfectly for my website front-end. But i want to sort the pages in my admin panel - in the "Page management" section.
rozmiar Wrote:I want to sort the pages in my admin panel, in the “Page management” section.
Aah, sorry, my bad. Currently something like that isn’t supported.

I do think it would be possible to make a plugin that handles the sorting on the back-end however. It seems everything it would need for that is available. If you want I could give you some pointers.