GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: Content for Outside Pages
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not sure if this is going to sound right, but I have a couple of pages that I really don't want to have edited, but they contain content that is part of the site. One page is a form that links to a .php page for processing and the other page is one that calls up a calendar via .php. What I was wondering is the best way to handle situations like this? Should I just create a couple of templates that I have this content hardcoded in them and assign the individual pages to these unique templates that are not meant to be edited? I don't see a way to actually create links that are hardcoded in the navigation - is that possible?

Thanks,
Dawn
DawnB Wrote:Should I just create a couple of templates that I have this content hardcoded in them and assign the individual pages to these unique templates that are not meant to be edited?
That’s pretty much the way everyone has been doing it, yes.
DawnB Wrote:I don't see a way to actually create links that are hardcoded in the navigation - is that possible?
Not at the moment, though people have been coming up with their own solutions to this. Redirect scripts are a possibility, you can search the forum for it.
You can operate with simple statements, based on get_page_slug()'s content, to display things on certain pages. Zegnåt developed a plugin to display content of the components depending on current site, not to edit template file all the time.

If you want to hardcode links, then just add them in your template file in menu container.
What's the problem ?