GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: Is GetSimple right for my project?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello!

I love the spirit of this project, and I would really like to try it on the website I am currently developing. However, I have a specific requirement that I am rather wary about.

Consider that we have a page called "Our Team". This is formatted as a thumbnail of an individual, their name, title, and job description. For styling, some of these elements would require a class to be added to the element. From looking at GetSimple, it would seem as though I would have to require them to edit the HTML manually with the "Source" button every time they wanted to add a new person to the team.

Ideally, they would go to the "Our Team" page, and to add a new individual, they would be presented with a series of entry fields:

- Thumbnail URL
- Name
- Title
- Job

And the template would take care of the rest. I looked at Mike's Custom Fields plugin, but that doesn't quite do what I need. I have considered Wordpress and setting up different post types, but ultimately, the project is very simple, except for a couple wrenches like this, and WP seems like overkill. I'd love it if I could get GetSimple to work here.

Any recommendations?

Thanks!

Eric
You gotta hire a programmer to add this kind of feature for you. This is the same for all CMS out there. Basically what people do is clicking the "source" to copy and paste a sample HTML tag snippet then fill in the blanks.