GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: Looking for help off someome more clever (than me)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi.
I don't know where to look or even start on this.
Have been using GS for a while for a site.

A little back info.

A while ago I noticed that I had attracted some nice Russian hackers.
I gave up with the forums. I spent too much time avoiding the hackers and spammers.
Just yesterday I changed hosting companies and have reinstalled GS on a new server.
I was setting up an email account this morning when I looked in the mail box this was already there

Return-path: <vicky@vlastina.cz>
Envelope-to: vicky@vlastina.cz
Delivery-date: Sun, 08 Aug 2010 14:36:17 -0500
Received: from [95.153.183.104] (helo=95x153x183x104.kubangsm.ru)
by fast.m2host.com with esmtp (Exim 4.69)
(envelope-from <vicky@vlastina.cz>)
id 1OiBfM-0002l2-Kr
for vicky@vlastina.cz; Sun, 08 Aug 2010 14:36:17 -0500
To: vicky@vlastina.cz
Subject: vicky@vlastina.cz 85% OFF on Pfizer!
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=
It appears that some of the post is missing....?

I did add that my name is not Vicky and there is not account in the name of Vicky.

Thank you in advance to anyone who can at least give me some idea of what is going on....
It looks like just plain old spam.

Did you keep the same domain, and therefore the same email address? If so, then they will still have that address on their lists. If there is no account called Vicky, your server is probably set up to allow a "catch all" address, i.e. messages sent to [anything]@vlastina.cz will arrive in the inbox. Since this usually results in lots of spam, your hosts should allow you to turn it off.

Your hosts may also offer a spam filter, or you can run one locally on your email client. Your hosting company's FAQs or support section should give you specific instructions for your account Smile
Thanks.
A bit of a yes and a no.
I own Vlastina,cz and there is no account for Vicky?????

Simple Spoofing?
Or something else???
holesovice Wrote:Thanks.
A bit of a yes and a no.
I own Vlastina,cz and there is no account for Vicky?????

Simple Spoofing?
Or something else???

They have just guessed an address, and your host is configured to allow email sent to any address to be accepted. I could probably send an email to "IAmARussianSpammer@vlastina.cz" and it would be accepted.

I dont think it's anything more than that, they're just spoofing a return address at your domain.