GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: Help with "Child Menu".
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Kind of like this CMS. I have used plenty of other CMS like Joomla, Drupal, Wordpress and so on.

All giving my clients headace. To advanced...to much stuff that they are never going to use. So i kind of like a simple CMS....and it´s not dependent of SQL servers ( i love that for small sites ) :-)

The problem....i have a client that want´s the submenu to be listed on the right of the page content. You click the top menu....the content goes to the left...the sub menu items goes to the right.

So i found an old plugin "Child Menu": http://get-simple.info/extend/plugin/child-menu/40/

Works super....until you try to change the page subject or slug.....then you are done! The submenu link name can never be changed. The page will link....but the submenu link name will never change. A horrible bug. I´m not sure how it could happen. If you code something "TEST IT" before realising :-)

The "Child Menu" "component" has not changed since 2011....that´s 5 years ago.

So, what do i do know? Is there a better "component" for this stuff? Simple-CMS is awsome...really like it...but it may be a bit to "simple".

Well, i´ll guess i have to fix his code....will take me alot of hours to do so (if i try)....something i thought i would save by installing simple CMS.

Anyways, seems like Simple CMS community isn´t that big (seeing from the posts). But maybe somebody could point me to a "component" that works like "Child Menu". I have used the search funtion on this page....but couldn´t find anything like it.

Thank you in advance!
have you read through the support thread , the community usually keeps plugins updated that have been abandoned, or it still works fine, and needs no updating.

there are plently of users, you will get solutions.

Most people just use i18n plugin for advanced menus or dynamic memus
Hi Lead Dev.

Thank you for responding. Yes, i have read though the threads. The plugin is abondand. Check the forums, there are more then me who have this problem. This is really a abondan ware. And i hope you guys delete it.

Thank u for the I18n plugin tip. But it does not solve the problem.
We dont delete plugins, then post in the support thread someone will probably already have a replacement or tell you how to do it with i18n custom call