GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: Installing - prob with index.php, lines 17 & 18
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All

I'm new here and learning about servers, scripts, ftp, etc, so please be patient  Smile

I've installed the latest GetSimple onto a shared server. Admin install worked fine, but I get warnings and an error message when I try to access the site domain.

Specifically, messages look like:

"Warning: include(inc/common.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/sites/o/mydomain.com/public_html/index.php on line 17

Warning: include(inc/common.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/sites/o/[i][b]mydomain.com/public_html/index.php[/b] on line 17[/i]

Warning: include(): Failed opening 'inc/common.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/newage/lib/php') in /var/sites/o/[i][b]mydomain.com/public_html/index.php[/b] on line 17[/i]

Fatal error: Call to undefined function get_template() in /var/sites/o/online-bingo-sites.com/public_html/index.php on line 18"

Index.php unpacked into the data folder, so I've moved it to be under the public_html. That meant that I no longer got the
Forbidden massage but I got this one instead.

(I did unpack the GetSimple zip file on the server rather than on my local hard drive. I don't think that has caused the problem, but it maybe helpful info. A lot of files unpacked into the data folder.

Should I be aiming to do something with the hint: " include_path='.:/usr/newage/lib/php' "  ?

Many thanks in anticipation,

Luke
Hi Luke,

Normally you shouldn't be required to move around PHP files.
Have you had a look at the Settings tab in your admin dashboard?
What do the fields Website name & Website URL say?

(The following is less likely, if your admin install works)
Also had a look at the root .htaccess file in your GS install?
Open it in a text editor, and search for the text RewriteBase : what is written there?

Cheers,
Ty
reinstall , copy all files from extract, your site sounds whacked.