GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: Interesting dilemma regarding test directory still showing pages
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I first uploaded GS 3.3.13 to my apache based web host in a test directory called "new". I added pages&comments plugin and some others (most of the I18n ones and news manager update).

I moved my site from "/new" to the root. I deleted the "/new" directory since I didn't need it anymore.

Here's the weird thing. I can still access pages if I include "new"in the url like this: /new/articles/example-of-page

I deactivated all the plugins. I can still access the site via the non-existent directory.

In admin panel, the address for the page is the url for the site's root (there's no /new in it). There's no "/new" in the .htaccess either. I cleared all caches for the site and in my browser too. I even tried with a completely different browser. Where else should I be checking so that the site can't be accessed via /new/ in the URL?
I finally found it. It's in all the pages/posts in the data folder. I'll be using an app for "find/replace" to fix that.
Nope, that wasn't it. Those were the files on my hard drive. I downloaded the data folder from my host and /new/ wasn't in anything and I can still access the site with /new/ in it.
Alrighty...just for fun, I typed in a URL for a random directory that has never been used or created (I typed in /getsimple in place of /new) and I can still access the site with that. It should, by all means, be giving me a 404 error and does not.

How is this happening?
Its the rewrite rule it only resolves the slug not paths, unless you change it of course.
Thank you ever so much for the reply. What is that in plain English? Smile  I know slug, I know paths, but...change what? The only thing I did was add a rewrite condition for redirects to 2 pages that are popular that have been renamed...or do you mean I need to change something...or what do I need to change?
The way gs currently works with its rewrite in htaccess is that is only resolved the slug part

/is/does/not/care/what/else/is/here/SLUG
(.*) regex

So even though your permalink structure is %parent%/%slug%, it really means */parent/slug or even */slug