GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: Different menu in header/sidebar
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

Its possible to display a different menu in header and sidebar?

I wanna display sections on sidebar and index link+contact page only after header/logo

Thank you.
It’s possible if you make your own menu function. The menu function included with GetSimple will always insert the same menu.

You can change the template files to include anything in the sidebar. If you need more specific help feel free to come back with more specific questions.
Hello,

I need display in top menu Index + Contact Page, and disable listing of these pages in Sidebars menu

Thank you.
I'm interresting in this.
Choose what to display or not in 2 different ways si that the <?php get_navigation(return_page_slug()); ?> can't be used (because we'll get the same menu and we want it different).

I want this to get the function in <?php get_navigation(return_page_slug()); ?> that add "current" to the class.

Any idea ?
daminoweb Wrote:Chose what to display or not in 2 different ways si that the <?php get_navigation(return_page_slug()); ?> can't be used (because we'll get the same menu and we want it different).
Check out the I18N plugin, it provides the possibility to create main and secondary navigations with different levels of depth.

Hope it helps.
Finaly I made my "alternative menu" with link "hand coded" and I play with CSS ID and the <?php get_page_slug(); ?> function to maintain a special style to the menu item corresponding ti the page I'm on.
daminoweb Wrote:Finaly I made my "alternative menu" with link "hand coded" and I play with CSS ID and the <?php get_page_slug(); ?> function to maintain a special style to the menu item corresponding ti the page I'm on.
Could you share your code with us? I'm interested in this.
andyash Wrote:
daminoweb Wrote:Finaly I made my "alternative menu" with link "hand coded" and I play with CSS ID and the <?php get_page_slug(); ?> function to maintain a special style to the menu item corresponding ti the page I'm on.
Could you share your code with us? I'm interested in this.

I would also be interested in your code, share it here, please.
I would be interested too. I´m also looking for a way to create different Menus.
Simplest way for different menus:
1. install i18n navigation plugin
2. create a top lvl page, set it up as "private", and don't add it to the menu.
Name it, lets say: menu2
3. create as many pages for menu2, as you want
4. prepare your menu (stylize it as you want) and display it for pages inside menu2 using command:

<nav>
<ul id="menu2">
Code:
<?php get_i18n_navigation("menu2", 1, 3); ?>
</ul>
</nav>