GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: GS2.01 - couldn't install - fatal error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

i'm trying to install GS 2.01 under NetBSD 4.0.1_PATCH, PHP Version 5.2.13 with Simplexml support enabled ($Revision: 293036 $) and i get only a blank page. With debugging on i get this error messages:

Code:
Strict Standards: main() [function.main]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. Please use the date.timezone setting, the TZ environment variable or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'UTC' for 'UTC/0.0/no DST' instead in /www/cms/admin/inc/common.php on line 88

Notice: Undefined variable: SITEURL in /www/cms/admin/inc/common.php on line 88

Strict Standards: main() [function.main]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. Please use the date.timezone setting, the TZ environment variable or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'UTC' for 'UTC/0.0/no DST' instead in /www/cms/admin/inc/common.php on line 91

Notice: Undefined variable: SITENAME in /www/cms/admin/inc/common.php on line 91

Notice: Undefined variable: LANG in /www/cms/admin/inc/common.php on line 109

Fatal error: Call to undefined function dom_import_simplexml() in /www/cms/admin/inc/basic.php on line 111

so what's the point? SimpleXML is enabled, should't it work?!
Any suggestions?
Could you try the latest beta version? It has a lot of bug fixes since 2.01.
I've tried r183 - but same thing: i stuck on blank page at /admin/install.php

After renaming temp.gsconfig.php to gsconfig.php and setting GSDEBUG true, i get lesser notices, but still the fatal error on dom_import_simplexml():
Code:
Strict Standards: main() [function.main]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. Please use the date.timezone setting, the TZ environment variable or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'UTC' for 'UTC/0.0/no DST' instead in /www/gm/k/kidata/getsimple-r183/admin/inc/common.php on line 91

Notice: Undefined variable: SITEURL in /www/gm/k/kidata/getsimple-r183/admin/inc/common.php on line 91

Fatal error: Call to undefined function dom_import_simplexml() in /www/gm/k/kidata/getsimple-r183/admin/inc/basic.php on line 125

so i put this little test script on the server:
http://ibb.gsf.de/homepage/karsten.roden...lexml.html

and adding these lines on top:
Code:
error_reporting(E_ALL | E_STRICT);
ini_set('display_errors', 1);
echo "testing SimpleXML & DOM ...\n";

so i get the same error, calling the script.

Looking at phpinfo() shows the problem: it's configured without the DOM Module ('--disable-dom')
Damn. I will try to get a PHP with '--enable-dom' from the admins.

Anyway, thanks for your help!
We should probably add this to our list of requirements, and maybe add it to the health check too. Thanks for bringing this up!