GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: Spellchecker not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
According to the wiki here: http://get-simple.info/wiki/how_to:edito...spellcheck, "CKEditor comes with built-in spellchecking feature, which is deactivated by default."

I've made these edits to gsconfig.php:

Code:
# WYSIWYG toolbars (advanced, basic or [custom config])
define('GSEDITORTOOL',"[ 'Bold','Italic','Underline','Format','FontSize','TextColor'],
['NumberedList','BulletedList','-','Indent','Outdent','-','JustifyLeft','JustifyCenter','JustifyRight','JustifyBlock'],
['Image','Table','HorizontalRule','-','Link','Unlink'],['Cut','Copy','Paste','-','Undo','Redo' ],
['Find','Replace','-','SelectAll','-','SpellChecker', 'Scayt'],['RemoveFormat'],['Source']
");
# WYSIWYG editor language (default en)
define('GSEDITORLANG', 'en_CA');

# WYSIWYG Editor Options
define('GSEDITOROPTIONS',"scayt_autoStartup:true,toolbarCanCollapse:true");

When I click the spellchecker icon in the toolbar, only two options are not grayed out, Enable SCAYT and Check Spelling. Clicking on Enable SCAYT does nothing and clicking on Check Spelling opens a blank dialogue box which can only be removed by refreshing the page.
I have never tried the CKEditor native spell checker (it's web-based, so doesn't know about my personal word list), but you can enable the browser native spell-checker with this:
Code:
define('GSEDITOROPTIONS',
  "
  disableNativeSpellChecker : false,
  removePlugins : 'language,tableresize,liststyle,tabletools,scayt,menubutton,contextmenu'
  ");

It is necessary to disable those plugins to allow the browser native context menu in WYSIWYG areas. The context menu spelling options only show when right-clicking in an area that already has text in it.

Works for Firefox – not tested in other browsers.
(2017-05-09, 03:05:45)Works fine in Chrome and saves many (embarrassing ) headaches...hameau Wrote: [ -> ]I have never tried the CKEditor native spell checker (it's web-based, so doesn't know about my personal word list), but you can enable the browser native spell-checker with this:
Code:
define('GSEDITOROPTIONS',
  "
  disableNativeSpellChecker : false,
  removePlugins : 'language,tableresize,liststyle,tabletools,scayt,menubutton,contextmenu'
  ");

It is necessary to disable those plugins to allow the browser native context menu in WYSIWYG areas. The context menu spelling options only show when right-clicking in an area that already has text in it.

Works for Firefox – not tested in other browsers.
To use use browser native, i think you can just press ctrl right click.

I am not sure is scayt works with cke new versions, that info is about cke 3.x