GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: New pages not found
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
Got the latest version of GetSimple and thought all was fine until I started to add new pages to the menu from the admin screen.
1. Text for the body does not get written to the XML file, the file does get created, with the correct title. I changed permissions to 777 in the hope that would fix it but no joy
2. I copy the data direct into the XML file itself, but the when clicking on the menu item for the page I get a page not found error. (I have added the code fragment mentioned in another post)

The index page works fine Smile but no other pages that I try to add

Any ideas?

Thanks
try disabling fancy url
Oleg06 Wrote:try disabling fancy url

Cheers, that works but what if I wish to have fancy URLs? mod-rewrite is enabled ....
It also does not change that the data from the body of the form in the admin screens is not getting written to the XML page ...?
on my site also does not work Smile
If mod_rewrite is not giving the right results it’s often due to something being wrong in the .htaccess-file. Please check that the RewriteBase is configured correctly.

Did you enable debug mode? That might give an idea of why you can’t write anything to the XML-files. If there are no errors showing up it will be very hard to help you. Does the problem happen both when the visual editor (CKEditor) is enabled and disabled?
Code:
AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
RewriteEngine on

# Usually it RewriteBase is just '/', but
# replace it with your subdirectory path
RewriteBase /

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule /?([A-Za-z0-9-]+)/?$ index.php?id=$1 [QSA,L]

I enable debug mode
You would need to define the RewriteBase like this:
Code:
RewriteBase /000/

The RewriteBase needs to match the location of your GetSimple installation.
thanks for the help
Zegnåt Wrote:You would need to define the RewriteBase like this:
Code:
RewriteBase /000/

The RewriteBase needs to match the location of your GetSimple installation.

I am revisiting this problem as I never did get it sorted ... fancy URLS not working

- Apache2 (Ubuntu)
- mod-rewrite enabled (so says a2enmod rewrite)
- .htaccess is below, which is the temp.htaccess supplied by latest GS version (3.0?) and the RewriteBase command changed as the test site is in /var/www/29/ (thus /29/) on my test server.

Thank you Smile

Code:
AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
Options -Indexes

# blocks direct access to the XML files - they hold all the data!
<Files ~ "\.xml$">
    Order allow,deny
    Deny from all
    Satisfy All
</Files>
<Files sitemap.xml>
                Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
    Satisfy All
</Files>

RewriteEngine on

# Usually it RewriteBase is just '/', but
# replace it with your subdirectory path
RewriteBase /29/

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule /?([A-Za-z0-9_-]+)/?$ index.php?id=$1 [QSA,L]

have to use the index.php?id= etc ... it's very frustrating Sad so I'd be really grateful for any pointers to what I am doing wrong.
Hi,

Any advice here on getting Fancy URLs working?

SImon
shumphreys Wrote:Hi,

SImon

maybe we should find somebody who reads the WIKI as a podcast ;=)

you define the URL in the settings page and what you can define is described in the WIKI:

http://get-simple.info/wiki/pretty_urls
http://get-simple.info/wiki/permalinks
Connie Wrote:
shumphreys Wrote:Hi,

SImon

maybe we should find somebody who reads the WIKI as a podcast ;=)

Sorry I do not understand. I've read the wiki .... too short on explanation for me

Quote:you define the URL in the settings page and what you can define is described in the WIKI:

http://get-simple.info/wiki/pretty_urls
http://get-simple.info/wiki/permalinks

On my settings I have set to use fancy URLs. I have also tried setting a permalink but this makes no difference.

I have mod-rewrite enabled, I have used example .htaccess files (reproduced in earlier thread).

What else might I have missed? It's clear that it's me being stupid but a friendly guide would be much appreciated Smile
shumphreys Wrote:- .htaccess is below, which is the temp.htaccess supplied by latest GS version (3.0?) and the RewriteBase command changed as the test site is in /var/www/29/ (thus /29/) on my test server.

I also have one installed GS in a subfolder and have no ending slash in .htaccess, therefore would try /29 in your case. As to the settings page in admin panel, you should have clear field of custom permalinks and tick mark in fancyURLs - then default slug is set to %parent%/%slug%/

is var/www/index.php?id=pagename displaying properly?
is var/www/pagename displaying 'page not exists' or 50x server error?
Ampersand Wrote:
shumphreys Wrote:- .htaccess is below, which is the temp.htaccess supplied by latest GS version (3.0?) and the RewriteBase command changed as the test site is in /var/www/29/ (thus /29/) on my test server.

I also have one installed GS in a subfolder and have no ending slash in .htaccess, therefore would try /29 in your case. As to the settings page in admin panel, you should have clear field of custom permalinks and tick mark in fancyURLs - then default slug is set to %parent%/%slug%/

is var/www/index.php?id=pagename displaying properly?
is var/www/pagename displaying 'page not exists' or 50x server error?

Thanks. I had already tried removing the trailing backslash, makes no difference unfortunately.
I have a clear field in the permalinks box in settings.

The message the browser returns is:

"Not Found

The requested URL /29/photos/ was not found on this server."

And yes, the index.php?id=photos works fine .... perhaps I should be satisfied ....?
I wouldn't be satisfied. But to clear out the situation, if you don't mind - if
shumphreys Wrote:The message the browser returns is:

"Not Found

Is /29/index.php?id=photos or /index.php?id=photos in the browser URL?

I asked previously for source of the error to specify if it is server-side (htaccess) or GS-caused. If you have server error, then it looks like it is rather htaccess and /29/photos is not rewritten from /29/index.php?id=photos - as you would receive GS page with 404 announcement.
Ampersand Wrote:I wouldn't be satisfied. But to clear out the situation, if you don't mind - if
shumphreys Wrote:The message the browser returns is:

"Not Found

Is /29/index.php?id=photos or /index.php?id=photos in the browser URL?

I asked previously for source of the error to specify if it is server-side (htaccess) or GS-caused. If you have server error, then it looks like it is rather htaccess and /29/photos is not rewritten from /29/index.php?id=photos - as you would receive GS page with 404 announcement.

Hi,

It is

http://server/29/index.php?id=photos

which I would expect to be rewritten as http://server/29/photos.

The error page is an Apache notice, not GS 404.

Thanks