GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: Page Options links nowhere
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I THINK I followed the installation correctly. Everything SEEMS to be working perfectly except that I can't get the Page Options to open up. I just downloaded and installed the latest version (2.0.1) and whenever I click on the Page Options it links to # on the local page.

Any thoughts on what this blunderhead did wrong?
You're right - it links to #, but it uses javascript to open a panel. Does anything else work? What about uploading files, or Theme Changing?
Yup, those functions work fine.

When I look at the source code I'm not seeing an onClick or other javascript call attached to this hyperlink.

<a href="#" id="metadata_toggle" accesskey="o" >Page <em>O</em>ptions</a>

Fails in Chrome and in IE8. One thing in IE8 though is that I"m getting a JS error on pageload:

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/4.0; GTB6.5; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E)
Timestamp: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 23:04:11 UTC

Line: 59
Char: 2
Code: 0
URI: http://getsimple.exhibita.com/admin/temp...tsimple.js
mjg Wrote:When I look at the source code I'm not seeing an onClick or other javascript call attached to this hyperlink.
That’s because jQuery assigns the onClick event by itself, so we don’t have to write any onClick on the actual A-element.

mjg Wrote:Fails in Chrome and in IE8. One thing in IE8 though is that I"m getting a JS error on pageload
You might want to upload the JavaScript files that came with the GetSimple download again. Maybe something went wrong with them.
Zegnåt Wrote:You might want to upload the JavaScript files that came with the GetSimple download again. Maybe something went wrong with them.

That seems to have resolved it. Thanks so much for the suggestion!