GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: "0750 Not Writable - Error!" but everything seems to work fine
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recursively set permissions on the whole installation to 750.  The health check says nothing is writable, but everything still works.  I can edit pages, create new pages, etc.

What is going on?
That compares against gschmod in gsconfig, change it to match.
(2017-06-12, 10:50:41)shawn_a Wrote: [ -> ]That compares against gschmod in gsconfig, change it to match.

I have this in gsconfig.php:
PHP Code:
define('GSCHMOD'750); 

There's no change, everything under Directory Permissions in the Website Health Check says "0750 Not Writable - Error!" except "/data/other/plugins.xml" which is OK.  I have run recursive chown and chmod operations on the entire webroot.
(2017-06-12, 10:50:41)shawn_a Wrote: [ -> ]That compares against gschmod in gsconfig, change it to match.

I recall having problems with this kind of thing previously. I think the perms test is hardcoded in health-check.php, e.g., (line 166) <?php if( $me >= '0644' ) { echo '<span class="OKmsg" >' ... .

@skylarmt: It's only cosmetic – provided everything works, you can ignore the health-check results. It's really just diagnostics and GS doesn't use these results anywhere else.
(2017-06-12, 16:35:07)hameau Wrote: [ -> ]It's only cosmetic

That's what I figured.  Is there any reason for the code to not just use is_readable() and is_writable()?