GetSimple Support Forum
Search plugin (I18N) - Printable Version

+- GetSimple Support Forum (http://get-simple.info/forums)
+-- Forum: GetSimple (http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Plugins (http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Search plugin (I18N) (/showthread.php?tid=1256)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

RE: Search plugin (I18N) - datiswous - 2015-01-28

(2015-01-28, 18:07:04)TrueWarrior Wrote: Well it is not problem of styling, even after adding this css after click on tag nothing happen.

After clicking on tag(s) you still have to click search after that, did you do that as well? Tags are rearch filters.

RE: Search plugin (I18N) - TrueWarrior - 2015-01-29

(2015-01-28, 23:15:34)datiswous Wrote:
(2015-01-28, 18:07:04)TrueWarrior Wrote: Well it is not problem of styling, even after adding this css after click on tag nothing happen.

After clicking on tag(s) you still have to click search after that, did you do that as well? Tags are rearch filters.
oh, i hoped that it will go automaticaly after click but even after clicking search it still not work

RE: Search plugin (I18N) - datiswous - 2015-01-31

(2015-01-29, 18:29:32)TrueWarrior Wrote: oh, i hoped that it will go automaticaly after click but even after clicking search it still not work

Btw. Small question: Do you try to search for tagged pages, or try to search for tagged newsmanager posts? I'm not sure the second one works. If you try to search for newsmanager posts, (I think) you should use the tag cloud function in that plugin.

RE: Search plugin (I18N) - TrueWarrior - 2015-02-01

(2015-01-31, 23:48:50)datiswous Wrote:
(2015-01-29, 18:29:32)TrueWarrior Wrote: oh, i hoped that it will go automaticaly after click but even after clicking search it still not work

Btw. Small question: Do you try to search for tagged pages, or try to search for tagged newsmanager posts? I'm not sure the second one works. If you try to search for newsmanager posts, (I think) you should use the tag cloud function in that plugin.

im trying to search my posts byt post tag and i didnt found tag cloud in newsmanager plugin

RE: Search plugin (I18N) - Carlos - 2015-02-01

(2015-02-01, 07:06:15)TrueWarrior Wrote: im trying to search my posts byt post tag and i didnt found tag cloud in newsmanager plugin

- I18N Search for News Manager Posts plugin (also see this patch)

- News Manager tag cloud: <?php nm_list_tags(); ?> (see docs -> Sidebar functions) - further questions in the plugin thread please.

RE: Search plugin (I18N) - TrueWarrior - 2015-02-02

(2015-02-01, 18:12:14)Carlos Wrote:
(2015-02-01, 07:06:15)TrueWarrior Wrote: im trying to search my posts byt post tag and i didnt found tag cloud in newsmanager plugin

- I18N Search for News Manager Posts plugin (also see this patch)

- News Manager tag cloud: <?php nm_list_tags(); ?> (see docs -> Sidebar functions) - further questions in the plugin thread please.

Carlos you make my day !!!
Thanks i don't know how i miss that when was so many times on News Manager plugin page.
Thanks again !!!

RE: Search plugin (I18N) - Oleg06 - 2015-02-08

why on the search result page missing the latest news from the sidebar?

RE: Search plugin (I18N) - Carlos - 2015-02-08

If you're using get_i18n_search_results(array(... in your sidebar, you may have to add this parameter: 'first'=>0,

RE: Search plugin (I18N) - Oleg06 - 2015-02-08

I'm not good at English
in the sidebar has the latest news, if the word is not in the latest news, it disappears on the search results page
here there is news in the sidebar
and how can I use this?
Code:
<?php function skip($results, $parameter) { return array_slice($results, $parameter); } ?>

RE: Search plugin (I18N) - asndk - 2015-03-15

Hey Mvlcek you are the BEST! Smile excellent work.
i have a question. Can you explain to an idiot like me how work the mechanics: special pages (custom fields for thumb) + search.
i want to create a product catalog like this page: http://www.artisticnaildesign.com/colour-gloss
May i call some images/thumbnails in the result page with some info? Must be called in the page or in the template?
i we read Product Catalog at you site but still can't understand.
Can you share me example for the search tag which display thumbs (field with image)

RE: Search plugin (I18N) - mvlcek - 2015-04-24

I18N Search version 2.12:
  • autocomplete now also works with jQuery 1.9+

RE: Search plugin (I18N) - eljaykay - 2015-06-10

First off, thanks for all the hard work in making gsCMS extraordinary!

I've managed to make individual products as special pages [the only spec. pages on the site] using 2 components:
1 for the display w/ any special fields / info. + 1 with the paypal btn. code [also using special fields] & each has 'shop' as a page parent. Within the 'shop' page, there are separate searches utilizing a 'category' field so that users can use a skip navigation to go to the products they are interested in / organize products. The looping works a treat...

But here's my problem / question -
When using a *separate general search [where users are entering keywords]*, the results will give me the products as a link only/no content to speak of, which is great - - but I'd like the URL to go to the 'parent' [shop] instead of the individual item.

I've tried using a custom render in the special pages 'search' section, [which didn't work at all - maybe because the search form - in sidebar area & the results are called in a separate search.php file] and even fiddled w/ some kind of conditional on the $results to check if $item had _special_products as a tag, then change the URL - my php skills are rudimentary, at best so...nada.

Is there a way to get these special pages to have links as:<?php get_site_url(); ?>shop/#pagetitle
instead of <?php get_site_url(); ?>shop/pagetitle ??? 

Thanks in advance for any tips...

**SOLVED**
Just added an:
Code:
 id="<?php echo $item->ppname; ?>"
to the results.

RE: Search plugin (I18N) - Alexander_ - 2015-06-13

Hi there,

I want to use the Search plugin to search for all pages with a checkbox (defined with custom fields) is checked. I defined three checkboxes []red []green []blue and want to find all pages in which the field "blue" is checked. (how) can this be done?

Alex

RE: Search plugin (I18N) - mvlcek - 2015-06-16

I18N Custom Fields version 1.9.2:
  • checkbox fields are now indexable: a tag with the field name is added to the search index, if the checkbox is checked (@Alexander_)

RE: Search plugin (I18N) - Oleg06 - 2015-06-16

You can add the same possibility for the plugin I18N Special Pages?
Russia's people have already started to fantasize on the topic Smile
http://forum.getsimplecms.ru/viewtopic.php?pid=4960#p4960

RE: Search plugin (I18N) - Alexander_ - 2015-06-16

(2015-06-16, 05:12:05)mvlcek Wrote: I18N Custom Fields version 1.9.2:

• checkbox fields are now indexable: a tag with the field name is added to the search index, if the checkbox is checked (@Alexander_)

Great, thank you!

Alex

RE: Search plugin (I18N) - Alexander_ - 2015-06-16

(2015-06-16, 19:23:59)Oleg06 Wrote: You can add the same possibility for the plugin I18N Special Pages?

+1 Smile

RE: Search plugin (I18N) - Tyblitz - 2015-06-17

(2015-06-13, 22:23:26)Alexander_ Wrote: Hi there,

I want to use the Search plugin to search for all pages with a checkbox (defined with custom fields) is checked. I defined three checkboxes []red []green []blue and want to find all pages in which the field "blue" is checked. (how) can this be done?

Alex

Isn't that kind of exactly the same as writing '_blue' in the tags field, & doing an i18n search on that tag?

RE: Search plugin (I18N) - Alexander_ - 2015-06-19

(2015-06-17, 01:50:39)Tyblitz Wrote:
(2015-06-13, 22:23:26)Alexander_ Wrote: Hi there,

Alex

Isn't that kind of exactly the same as writing '_blue' in the tags field, & doing an i18n search on that tag?

Seems so. But imagine you have 100 products, which are available in many but not all countries. Isn't it much easier for the User to click on  [] France, [] Italy, [] Serbia_and_Montenegro, [] and so on than to write _france, _italy, _serbia-and-montenegro, _and-so-on in the tags field?

Alex

RE: Search plugin (I18N) - mvlcek - 2015-06-19

(2015-06-16, 21:25:09)Alexander_ Wrote:
(2015-06-16, 19:23:59)Oleg06 Wrote: You can add the same possibility for the plugin I18N Special Pages?

+1 Smile

Done in 1.3.4

RE: Search plugin (I18N) - pikku - 2015-06-23

Hi everybody!

I need a little help from some advanced users. I have a task witch looked quite simple in the first place, especially with all the nice plugins, but in the end I can not manage it:

I have a site with several galleries, made with I18N Gallery. I embed each gallerie in it´s own special page, made with I18N SP.. .
I don´t want my users to code, so they can fill a textfield with the name of the gallery, and the images get loaded.
In an other field they add some special text, so there is no standard content.
This fields are called via the body view in special pages settings.
This works fine!
So i hoped it would be as simple as that to have a blog alike page to list all galleries with one image for each.
Shure, with I18N Search I can call the common tag of all gallery-pages and i get a list of the pages. So I see the title, wich is enough! I don´t need any text, but how to get an image!?
I read the messages above and installed also 1.3.4 of SpecialPages, but i could not find out how to load a special/custom field by it´s tag, if this was a way. Or how could I call for example the first image of each gallery. Of course, again by letting the user type the name of the gallery in a special field (or even better choose from a drop-down-list of galleries, is this possible?)
Sorry, I read a lot and many info on how to call "gallerylinks", on custom indexing, components and so on but I´m not a coder, so I allways see the light but can not grasp how to get there.
So Please help my with some clear advices!

If this shouldn´t be possible  Huh , then please tell me how to get a search result with all pages with tag x and show the content of special filed y (I could use an image field for that and let the user search)

THANX A LOT
hopefully
pikku

RE: Search plugin (I18N) - dryland404 - 2015-07-01

Is there a flag or a way to make search results NOT show the text "Search Results" in the results? It doesn't appear to be clear at all in the documentation if this is possible short of editing the PHP .

RE: Search plugin (I18N) - Carlos - 2015-07-01

(% searchresults ... HEADER="" %)

or

<?php get_i18n_search_results(array(...,'HEADER'=>null)); ?>

RE: Search plugin (I18N) - dryland404 - 2015-07-01

(2015-07-01, 05:09:44)Carlos Wrote: (% searchresults ... HEADER="" %)

or

<?php get_i18n_search_results(array(...,'HEADER'=>null)); ?>

Thanks, That's perfect.. For others reference I Implemented as 
(% searchresults tags:Home numWords:30 order:created HEADER="" %)

RE: Search plugin (I18N) - Oleg06 - 2015-07-05

hi Martin, you could do something similar to what was done Carlos (http://www.cyberiada.org/cnb/data/uploads/srbs-0.1.zip) for Russian users? in the Russian language, the months and days of the week inflected for case.