GetSimple Support Forum
How to disable a plugin manually? - Printable Version

+- GetSimple Support Forum (http://get-simple.info/forums)
+-- Forum: GetSimple (http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Plugins (http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: How to disable a plugin manually? (/showthread.php?tid=1441)

How to disable a plugin manually? - polyfragmented - 2011-03-22

How do I manually disable/remove a plugin from the plugin page and thus the system? I accidentally deleted the plugin files and am now unable to reach the backend. I copied the stuff back, but something's messed up.

Think I found it out. Opening /data/other/plugins.xml in my editor and editing the respective plugin entry. Getting a mean permission denied error though, looking into that. Edit: didn't work.

How to disable a plugin manually? - ccagle8 - 2011-03-22

Thanks for digging into this. So i assume its a bug in our system where if you delete files from a plugin without disabling it first, the system can become unusable...?

ccagle8 Wrote:Thanks for digging into this. So i assume its a bug in our system where if you delete files from a plugin without disabling it first, the system can become unusable...?
Indeed. I had the situation this morning already, but was able to solve the problem by just copying back deleted files/folders.

This time, there's the following error which possibly stems from the p01-contact-form plugin (also a beta...) not already being adapted to the new multi-user environment in GS.

Quote:Warning: file_get_contents(/www/htdocs/foo/data/other/user.xml) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /www/htdocs/foo/admin/inc/basic.php on line 218

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /www/htdocs/w00d0ba4/2011/plugins/p01-contact_gs.php on line 69

As for my solution with the plugins.xml file, it didn't work, still getting the aforementioned message with nothing else on the page. I created a blank user.xml, now getting

Quote:Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /www/htdocs/foo/plugins/p01-contact_gs.php on line 69

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /www/htdocs/w00d0ba4/2011/plugins/p01-contact_gs.php:69) in /www/htdocs/foo/admin/inc/cookie_functions.php on line 30

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /www/htdocs/w00d0ba4/2011/plugins/p01-contact_gs.php:69) in /www/htdocs/foo/admin/inc/login_functions.php on line 81
Error: Headers already sent in /www/htdocs/foo/plugins/p01-contact_gs.php on line 69 If your browser does not redirect you, click here

I realise this is probably to do with the contact plugin, I do need my backend to work though Big Grin

Thanks - i will add this to the Issue list... We should at the very least make sure this is fixed before 3.0 comes out.

Is there anything I can do right now in order to get into the admin backend again?

Not sure what's causing it. Try renaming plugins.xml to plugins-old.xml and renaming the plugins directory to /plugins-old/

How to disable a plugin manually? - yojoe - 2011-03-22

Did you try to login under other browser or at least clear cache in your current one and restart it ?
I've never run into problems with deleting plugins. I just needed to reload twice the admin panel in order to get rid of all hooks left by plugin, and that was all.

ccagle8 Wrote:Not sure what's causing it. Try renaming plugins.xml to plugins-old.xml and renaming the plugins directory to /plugins-old/
No luck there. After renaming the plugin folder and plugins.xml:

Quote:Notice: Undefined variable: pluginfiles in /www/htdocs/foo/admin/inc/plugin_functions.php on line 110

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /www/htdocs/foo/admin/inc/plugin_functions.php on line 110

Warning: require_once(/www/htdocs/foo/plugins/i18n_navigation.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /www/htdocs/foo/admin/inc/plugin_functions.php on line 43

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/www/htdocs/foo/plugins/i18n_navigation.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:..') in /www/htdocs/foo/admin/inc/plugin_functions.php on line 43

After only renaming the plugins.xml file:

Quote:Warning: file_get_contents(/www/htdocs/foo/data/other/user.xml) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /www/htdocs/foo/admin/inc/basic.php on line 218

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /www/htdocs/foo/plugins/p01-contact_gs.php on line 69

Now this after deleting the user.xml file the contact form plugin wants to have (which I just created as an empty file to see if it might help):

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /www/htdocs/foo/plugins/p01-contact_gs.php on line 69

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /www/htdocs/foo/admin/inc/basic.php:218) in /www/htdocs/foo/admin/inc/cookie_functions.php on line 30

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /www/htdocs/foo/admin/inc/basic.php:218) in /www/htdocs/foo/admin/inc/login_functions.php on line 81
Error: Headers already sent in /www/htdocs/foo/admin/inc/basic.php on line 218 If your browser does not redirect you, click here

yojoe Wrote:Did you try to login under other browser or at least clear cache in your current one and restart it ?
I've never run into problems with deleting plugins. I just needed to reload twice the admin panel in order to get rid of all hooks left by plugin, and that was all.
Thanks for the hints, already tried that though. Same result.

How to disable a plugin manually? - yojoe - 2011-03-22

hmm...did you mess with template file or template functions ?
Try to overwrite them with a backup file (disable by renaming or deleting functions.php temporarily).

Of course you got rid of all calls for contact plugin in created pages ?

Can you rename /data/pages to something else, and create a new /pages directory ?

yojoe Wrote:hmm...did you mess with template file or template functions ?
Try to overwrite them with a backup file (disable by renaming or deleting functions.php temporarily).
No messing with template or template functions.

yojoe Wrote:Of course you got rid of all calls for contact plugin in created pages ?
I had no chance to put any calls anywhere, the accidental deletion happened soon after I'd put the plugin files into the plugins folder.

yojoe Wrote:Can you rename /data/pages to something else, and create a new /pages directory ?
Yes, but doesn't do anything noticeable except cause 404 errors, heh.

Thorsten - this is very odd. plugins.xml is the only place I can think of it maybe causing a problem (trying to load a file that is listed in plugins.xml, but not on the server)

is there anything inside /data/other/logs/errorlog.txt ? I assume you've turned on debugging...

ccagle8 Wrote:is there anything inside /data/other/logs/errorlog.txt ? I assume you've turned on debugging...
Yeah, got debugging set to ON. Here's what I've got:

http://pastebin.com/Phk5pBDG

As you can see, I had a few permissions problems, but that was mostly due to forgetting to set those after upgrading to r408.

How to disable a plugin manually? - n00dles101 - 2011-03-22

don't think this is a problem with the plugin system.

If you delete files you and refresh you will get an error as it reads in the original plugins.xml file.
As the file are missing you will get the above errors.

But if your refresh again the plugins.xml will rebuild itself.

Does look like its a problem with the p01-contact plugin....

I've successfully installed and deleted various plugins and I'm unable to replicate the problem.

I'll investigate some more....

n00dles101 Wrote:don't think this is a problem with the plugin system.
Does look like its a problem with the p01-contact plugin....
Yeah, starting to think that as well.

n00dles101 Wrote:I've successfully installed and deleted various plugins and I'm unable to replicate the problem.
Yeah, me too.

n00dles101 Wrote:I'll investigate some more....
Thanks, n00dles! I'll post a link to this to the respective plugin forum.

How to disable a plugin manually? - p01 - 2011-03-27

Hi,

The p01-contact plugin is not already prepared for GS 3.0, especially for multi-user system, but it should be minor :

The plugin was structured to avoid or simplify this kind of problematics : the plugin core is fully disconnected from GS, only a small handle file (p01-contact_gs.php) do the link.
So, a function in the handle file search in user.xml to determine the plugin default email address according to GS.
This file absence is not supposed to break the system or even the plugin functioning : the default email need to be indicated in plugin options and a warning appears :

I will investigate, but p01-contact should not be the cause of the plugin management errors.

How to disable a plugin manually? - rjleaman - 2011-03-27

When I tried to upgrade to 3.0 from 2.03 today, I got the exact same error messages re p01 contact plugin. Messed up my client's website completely.
I'm going to try for a restore, disable p01 contact, then try the upgrade again... wish me luck :/
And if anyone finds a solution to this issue, I'd be very glad to hear it.
Thanks!

edited to add:
In case anyone else is experiencing this issue, this worked: I deleted everything, extracted a backup zip via FTP to go back to version 2.03, disabled the plugin, upgraded GS to 3.0 again, and re-enabled the plugin.
All is well. Smile

How to disable a plugin manually? - snooze - 2011-04-21

ccagle8 Wrote:Thanks for digging into this. So i assume its a bug in our system where if you delete files from a plugin without disabling it first, the system can become unusable...?

Dateline 4-20-11!

I'm there too. Site became blank as if empty. Debug mode shows (3) possibly helpful statements:

Code:
Warning: file_get_contents(/home/christch/public_html/data/other/user.xml) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/christch/public_html/admin/inc/basic.php on line 218

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/christch/public_html/plugins/p01-contact_gs.php on line 69

/home/christch/public_html/theme/simpletheme/template.php on line 43

Center around user.xml and a mail function???? <--- Red Herring?

Tell me what you need

How to disable a plugin manually? - p01 - 2011-04-21

Hi,

The first two warnings are indeed due to p01-contact plugin used with GS 3.0, and should not be responsible of a site malfunction like explained just above. You can simply avoid them if needed, like described here .

The error seems relative to the template, according to the third line.

Good night!