GetSimple Support Forum
I18N Gallery - Printable Version

+- GetSimple Support Forum (http://get-simple.info/forums)
+-- Forum: GetSimple (http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Plugins (http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: I18N Gallery (/showthread.php?tid=1662)

I18N Gallery - mvlcek - 2011-10-04

Keefir Wrote:I loaded pictures to gallery. Now I need to see php code how to get list of pictures names in the gallery. If I use <?php get_i18n_gallery('slider-1');?> I get whole gallery with effects but I need to get only pictures names and then I do my effects.

What do you want to do? I18N Gallery already offers different gallery types and effects.

I18N Gallery - Keefir - 2011-10-04

I want to do my own effects! I need to get pictures names of my gallery. This gallery does not have the effects which I need! My gallery is slider that will scroll to left or right then user click button left or right. I need to turn off inner effects and thumbnail! My script will set up pictures sizes.

I18N Gallery - Keefir - 2011-10-04

I have found solution! Function return_i18n_gallery('slider-1') returns list of pictures!

I18N Gallery - mvlcek - 2011-10-04

Keefir Wrote:I want to do my own effects! I need to get pictures names of my gallery. This gallery does not have the effects which I need! My gallery is slider that will scroll to left or right then user click button left or right. I need to turn off inner effects and thumbnail! My script will set up pictures sizes.

A slider is already included in the gallery.
But if you need something else, you can
  • not use I18N Gallery at all, but do it yourself
  • create a new plugin for I18N Gallery (see files /plugins/i18n_gallery/plugin_xxx.php, sorry, no documentation)
  • read the created XML files (in /data/i18n_gallery) in your PHP script and do something with the content

I18N Gallery - calmos - 2011-10-06

Hi, here is my translation for i18n Gallery (great plugin, thanks alot !)

I18N Gallery - chefbyte - 2011-10-12

This is a great plugin and now looking at using it to the maximum on my site.

I wish to add a slideshow to my header in my templete, so that the top picture rotates after a time lapse.

I added <?php get_i18n_gallery('my-gallery-name'); ?> to the header and all it shows is the first picture in the slideshow? yes I did change the my-gallery-name to the name of the gallery I was using.

The slideshow works, as I added it to a test page at http://www.55002koyli.com/index.php?id=rotate

Any ideas?

I18N Gallery - mvlcek - 2011-10-12

chefbyte Wrote:This is a great plugin and now looking at using it to the maximum on my site.

I wish to add a slideshow to my header in my templete, so that the top picture rotates after a time lapse.

I added <?php get_i18n_gallery('my-gallery-name'); ?> to the header and all it shows is the first picture in the slideshow? yes I did change the my-gallery-name to the name of the gallery I was using.

As described here, you also have to put
Code:
<?php get_i18n_gallery_header('my-gallery-name'); ?>
into your html head.

I18N Gallery - chefbyte - 2011-10-12

Many thanks, that's that sorted, onto the next bit to do Smile

I18N Gallery - xStranger - 2011-10-13

Hello!
Is it possible to add pagify to gallery?

I18N Gallery - mvlcek - 2011-10-13

xStranger Wrote:Hello!
Is it possible to add pagify to gallery?

No, paging would have to be included into the I18N Gallery plugin itself.

I18N Gallery - xStranger - 2011-10-13

In my view the I18N Gallery missing two features for perfection: pagination and support EXIF or (and) IPTC tags. Smile

I18N Gallery - mvlcek - 2011-10-14

xStranger Wrote:In my view the I18N Gallery missing two features for perfection: pagination and support EXIF or (and) IPTC tags. Smile

I can understand pagination, but what do you mean with EXIF support?

I18N Gallery - xStranger - 2011-10-14

mvlcek Wrote:I can understand pagination, but what do you mean with EXIF support?
EXIF support may be useful for photographers who wants to display shooting settings for each photo in gallery.
From IPTC tags gallery can read different information (dscription, author, keywords and other).

I18N Gallery - mvlcek - 2011-10-14

xStranger Wrote:
mvlcek Wrote:I can understand pagination, but what do you mean with EXIF support?
EXIF support may be useful for photographers who wants to display shooting settings for each photo in gallery.
From IPTC tags gallery can read different information (dscription, author, keywords and other).

I know that there might be some information in the pictures (though definitely no descriptio or keywords in my own pictures), but what do you want I18N Gallery to do? Autofill image description and keywords from EXIF/IPTC? What additional functionality do you need?

I18N Gallery - xStranger - 2011-10-14

Yes, autofill. Gallery can automatically take author, title and description for each image from tags if they are available.

I18N Gallery - szili - 2011-10-17

Hello!

I'd be curious about fancybox viewer. How to modify css? I would like to convert some thumbs. (no borders, alignment, etc...)

Hey.

I18N Gallery - mvlcek - 2011-10-17

szili Wrote:Hello!

I'd be curious about fancybox viewer. How to modify css? I would like to convert some thumbs. (no borders, alignment, etc...)

Hey.

Just copy the relevant generated CSS rules (in the header of your page) to your CSS file, make them more specific (e.g. add a "body " before the rule) and change the attributes, e.g. border.

I18N Gallery - szili - 2011-10-17

Thank you!

I18N Gallery - trmash - 2011-10-25

Hello mvlcek,

Thank you for your plugin. My skills with PHP programming only hover between beginner and intermediate, so I'm hoping you can let me know if it would be possible to incorporate something like 'Slides' for I18N Gallery?

See here: http://slidesjs.com/examples/images-with-captions/ - I'm running this on my (localhost) development site without autoplay and it's perfect for my needs. But I'd like to incorporate it into a GetSimple site I'm building for a client, and the ease of your I18N Gallery combined with Slides would be ideal.

Essentially, I would like a simple gallery with next and previous buttons and 'dot' navigation that does not autoplay. I tried some of the options that came with the gallery, but none seem to have the functionality of Slides.

Is this something you might be able to incorporate into I18N Gallery? Pretty please? Wink
You mentioned creating a plugin for the Gallery, how difficult would it be (for me)?

Much appreciated!

I18N Gallery - mvlcek - 2011-10-26

I18N Gallery version 1.5:
  • supports additional options for cycle slide shows, e.g. to put the text on top of the image
  • shows previous/next arrows in a cycle slide show like in fancybox
(everything still works without Javascript enabled, too!)

@trmash: to practically disable the slide show, choose a large value like 5000000 as slide interval.

I18N Gallery - trmash - 2011-10-27

mvlcek Wrote:I18N Gallery version 1.5

@trmash: to practically disable the slide show, choose a large value like 5000000 as slide interval.
Ooh, new version! Thanks mvlcek, I'll download it and have a play. Thanks for tip about the long interval too.

I18N Gallery - Sledge - 2011-10-30

Having a few problems -- the plugin works perfectly on a local server (VertrigoServ specifically) but once I upload the site I'm getting the code showing up instead of the galleries. ie you actually see "(% gallery name=mygallery %)" instead of the thumbnail! Similarly, when I try to view a gallery from the Galleries tab all I see is (% gallery %)

I've gone through all the recommended checks and still can't get it working live -- any ideas? (Is there any I18N_Gallery file where I should edit out the local host address and enter the live http one? It's a total guess but maybe it's something along those lines? The site's base address is correct but the galleries are still borked.)

I18N Gallery - Connie - 2011-10-30

Result of server health check?

did you install GS correctly at the server? Or just uploaded it?

URL please!

I18N Gallery - mvlcek - 2011-10-30

Sledge Wrote:Having a few problems -- the plugin works perfectly on a local server (VertrigoServ specifically) but once I upload the site I'm getting the code showing up instead of the galleries. ie you actually see "(% gallery name=mygallery %)" instead of the thumbnail! Similarly, when I try to view a gallery from the Galleries tab all I see is (% gallery %)

I've gone through all the recommended checks and still can't get it working live -- any ideas? (Is there any I18N_Gallery file where I should edit out the local host address and enter the live http one? It's a total guess but maybe it's something along those lines? The site's base address is correct but the galleries are still borked.)

The only way I see that that could happen, is not having get_header() in your template. But you said, you checked it already...
I can look at it, if you post or send the link to your site.

I18N Gallery - Sledge - 2011-10-30

mvlcek Wrote:
Sledge Wrote:Having a few problems -- the plugin works perfectly on a local server (VertrigoServ specifically) but once I upload the site I'm getting the code showing up instead of the galleries. ie you actually see "(% gallery name=mygallery %)" instead of the thumbnail! Similarly, when I try to view a gallery from the Galleries tab all I see is (% gallery %)

The only way I see that that could happen, is not having get_header() in your template. But you said, you checked it already...
I can look at it, if you post or send the link to your site.

Thanks -- I've done a bit more investigating and it looks like asp tags are disabled for my shared hosting, which I assume to be the problem. I wanted to test a site I've been working on for someone before uploading it to their hosting but it turns out the plugin works fine there so no show-stopper.

I might come back to you on this because I'm planning to use Get Simple on my own hosting at some point and I found I couldn't get the php calls to work for the gallery plug-in either BUT I think the first thing to do is bug my web host to get the asp tags supported.

Cheers, it's a great plug-in.