GetSimple Support Forum
I18N Gallery - Printable Version

+- GetSimple Support Forum (http://get-simple.info/forums)
+-- Forum: GetSimple (http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Plugins (http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: I18N Gallery (/showthread.php?tid=1662)

I18N Gallery - Connie - 2011-10-30

what do you mean with asp-tags?

This is a PHP-application, so asp-tags are nowhere used

please help me to understand your explanation ;=)

I18N Gallery - mvlcek - 2011-10-30

Sledge Wrote:Thanks -- I've done a bit more investigating and it looks like asp tags are disabled for my shared hosting, which I assume to be the problem. I wanted to test a site I've been working on for someone before uploading it to their hosting but it turns out the plugin works fine there so no show-stopper.

I might come back to you on this because I'm planning to use Get Simple on my own hosting at some point and I found I couldn't get the php calls to work for the gallery plug-in either BUT I think the first thing to do is bug my web host to get the asp tags supported.

Cheers, it's a great plug-in.

I think I remember a similar problem with ASP mentioned in the forum somewhere.
I don't really understand how this affects a PHP program, but would really like to know it - after all, if you uploaded the site, GetSimple (PHP) just reads the page from the disk (XML file) and replaces (% gallery %) with something else. How can any server side setting influence this, especially, if the resulting page contains exactly this string (% gallery %)???

There is a setting to enable ASP tags <% ... %> as an alternative to <?php ... ?> in PHP, but how this influences (% ... %), I can not imagine.

Anyway, I added the problem to the problem solving section in the first post. Thank you.

I18N Gallery - Sledge - 2011-10-30

Connie Wrote:what do you mean with asp-tags?

This is a PHP-application, so asp-tags are nowhere used

please help me to understand your explanation ;=)

Oh I might be barking up the wrong tree -- I was looking at the (% gallery name=mygallery %) syntax and thinking "ASP tags!" but ASP tags are <% %> not (% %) aren't they. I think once I've got this site finished I will do a non-working example page on my own hosting and let mvlcek have at it with a log-in, if he's interested.

I18N Gallery - mvlcek - 2011-10-30

Here's the other post regarding ASP tags turned off by the provider.

I18N Gallery - MasMarco - 2011-10-30

Hi and thank you for this plugin. Really love it!

I would like to know if there is a way to have the image title under thumbnails link to a page in the site.
In description work ok.
I've tried with html but only code is displayed.
Using prettyPhoto.

Thank you.

I18N Gallery - Connie - 2011-10-30

mvlcek Wrote:Here's the other post regarding ASP tags turned off by the provider.

Well, to clear the confusion:

as Sledge corrected, he mixied "ASP tags" with the opening tags of GetSimple's components, so "ASP tags" have no meaning in this context and do not influence PHP at all

this gives me the chance to remember that there are 2 ways to open a php-code and that one of them should be avoided ... do always initialize php-code-snippets with
Code:
<?php

and not only with
Code:
<?
because you never know if short-open-tags are enabled at the server where the script should run

please excuse this aberration but I want to have this in the search index (as this often caused problems) ;=)

I18N Gallery - Sledge - 2011-10-31

Had a bit more of a nightmare with this a little earlier -- found that the gallery thumbnails would randomly fail to display (broken link icon instead) on the live site. At first I thought it was just IE9, which dismayed but didn't surprise me, until I noticed that it was happening in Chrome too, albeit with far less frequency. It was literally a case of different images failing every time I refreshed a page.

Anyway this is a bit of a show-stopper as the site in question has to go live tomorrow, so I just hefted everything over to Lightbox2 (which is lovely but I immediately missed all the handy back-end stuff and the way I18N Gallery resizes images for display seems superior). Thought I'd give you a quick heads-up on what I encountered -- as a complete and total guess maybe this is significant?

I18N Gallery - mvlcek - 2011-10-31

Sledge Wrote:Had a bit more of a nightmare with this a little earlier -- found that the gallery thumbnails would randomly fail to display (broken link icon instead) on the live site. At first I thought it was just IE9, which dismayed but didn't surprise me, until I noticed that it was happening in Chrome too, albeit with far less frequency. It was literally a case of different images failing every time I refreshed a page.

Anyway this is a bit of a show-stopper as the site in question has to go live tomorrow, so I just hefted everything over to Lightbox2 (which is lovely but I immediately missed all the handy back-end stuff and the way I18N Gallery resizes images for display seems superior). Thought I'd give you a quick heads-up on what I encountered -- as a complete and total guess maybe this is significant?

I'm currently enhancing the I18N Gallery plugin and seeing the same problem on my local site.
As far as I can determine, sometimes there is an error opening plugins.xml (when calling work in progress version of pic.php)!?
(I had to monitor the traffic with Wireshark to find this reason)

Currently I am assuming that it might be a problem with the maximum number of open file on the server (my local computer runs Ubuntu) and is partly dependent on how many parallel requests are sent by the browser.
I never had the problem with the currently released version of I18N Gallery - as it does not include GetSimple include phps.

I18N Gallery - datiswous - 2011-11-01

Hey mvlcek, when are you going to fix the permission issue? Every plugin I download from you has entirely 777 permissions. I get the idea you ignore the issue...

I18N Gallery - mvlcek - 2011-11-01

datiswous Wrote:Hey mvlcek, when are you going to fix the permission issue? Every plugin I download from you has entirely 777 permissions. I get the idea you ignore the issue...

The plugin files are zipped with Ubuntu from an NTFS drive, which has no permissions, thus no permissions are stored.
(Basically ZIP does not store permissions, only the Info-ZIP extensions used on UNIX systems does it.)
Unfortunately the easiest way for packing I currently know of in Ubuntu is with Gnome Commander and it seems to store the permissions (777, because it is a NTFS drive). I unpack ZIPs with file-roller, which doesn't show permissions.
If you know an easy way (like select the directories and files in a file manager, then right-menu or click to archive), let me know.

Otherwise this issue is on the bottom of my list, as in most cases these permissions are irrelevant: unpacking under Windows ignores permissions, uploading via FTP in most cases changes permissions, some hosting providers even need 777 settings.

mvlcek Wrote:
datiswous Wrote:Hey mvlcek, when are you going to fix the permission issue? Every plugin I download from you has entirely 777 permissions. I get the idea you ignore the issue...

The plugin files are zipped with Ubuntu from an NTFS drive, which has no permissions, thus no permissions are stored.
(Basically ZIP does not store permissions, only the Info-ZIP extensions used on UNIX systems does it.)
Unfortunately the easiest way for packing I currently know of in Ubuntu is with Gnome Commander and it seems to store the permissions (777, because it is a NTFS drive). I unpack ZIPs with file-roller, which doesn't show permissions.
If you know an easy way (like select the directories and files in a file manager, then right-menu or click to archive), let me know.

Otherwise this issue is on the bottom of my list, as in most cases these permissions are irrelevant: unpacking under Windows ignores permissions, uploading via FTP in most cases changes permissions, some hosting providers even need 777 settings.

Ok I will try to find a solution for it. I use Lubuntu on my netbook so I can test some stuff
. I also have an external harddrive with ntfs partitions.

I download your zipfile, upload via cpanel (maybe I can set some default unpack permissions in Cpanel, have to check that) then extract zipfile in cpanel. Then all files and folders have 777 permissions. And it seams my hosting provider doesn't allow that.

Normally 644 for files and 755 for folders work fine. Most other plugins use those permissions.

mvlcek Wrote:The plugin files are zipped with Ubuntu from an NTFS drive, which has no permissions, thus no permissions are stored

Btw. why do you use an ntfs drive? Why not use Ext4 or something?

I18N Gallery - mvlcek - 2011-11-01

datiswous Wrote:Btw. why do you use an ntfs drive? Why not use Ext4 or something?

Because I am still using Windows XP for some things and want to have access to all data from both os - so the data partition is NTFS.

I18N Gallery - yojoe - 2011-11-02

If you don't need to write to extX partition under windows, then look at ext2read.
If it goes to creating archives with permissions, then use tar with --mode parameter.
There are some tar GUIs, so it can make the life a bit easier Wink

I18N Gallery - graphiclunch - 2011-11-05

Hi mvlcek,

When I make a new gallery, it automatically makes a new page called Gallery. Which I can delete, but as soon as I make a change to a gallery, it creates itself again. I can't find any threads on this. Have you heard of this problem before?

Best regards,
Lasse

I18N Gallery - mvlcek - 2011-11-05

graphiclunch Wrote:When I make a new gallery, it automatically makes a new page called Gallery. Which I can delete, but as soon as I make a change to a gallery, it creates itself again. I can't find any threads on this. Have you heard of this problem before?

That's the preview page. So far I see no reason not to recreate it, but if you don't want it, you can delete gallery.xml in plugins/i18n_gallery. Clicking "View" on the edit page will then display "404 page not found".

I18N Gallery - graphiclunch - 2011-11-05

Yes, but here is the thing.
When I install your gallery, it creates the Gallery preview page, which is fine.
Then I rename that page to Galleries. And then later when I update the gallery, it makes a new page called Gallery again. Which for me and my clients is a bit confusing. You know having a page called Galleries and Gallery. It was actually one of my clients who made me aware of the problem, because he had deleted the page several times and everytime after he had made changes to the gallery, it reappeared.

I18N Gallery - koenig - 2011-11-08

I have the gallery plugin installed and it appears amongst the tabs but the way it highlights is not consistent with the rest of the tabs. This is what it looks like:
[Image: misc.php?item=868&download=0]

Has anybody else noticed this behaviour (I have searched for it but not found anything).

I18N Gallery - mvlcek - 2011-11-08

koenig Wrote:I have the gallery plugin installed and it appears amongst the tabs but the way it highlights is not consistent with the rest of the tabs. This is what it looks like:
[Image: misc.php?item=868&preview&secure_str=8041t1882]

Has anybody else noticed this behaviour (I have searched for it but not found anything).

You have an old loadtab.php installed in /admin. Replace it with that in /plugins/i18n_gallery.

I18N Gallery - koenig - 2011-11-08

mvlcek Wrote:You have an old loadtab.php installed in /admin. Replace it with that in /plugins/i18n_gallery.

Unfortunately not; they are the same (verified with both diff and md5sum).

I18N Gallery - graphiclunch - 2011-11-08

Any news on the reappearing Gallery page, mvlcek?

I18N Gallery - mvlcek - 2011-11-08

graphiclunch Wrote:Any news on the reappearing Gallery page, mvlcek?

No, I thought this to be closed.
As I answered, you can delete gallery.html in /plugins/i18n_gallery to prevent it.

I18N Gallery - graphiclunch - 2011-11-08

Oh, sorry. Forgot about the instructions in your last reply.
But that worked, so thanks for your help aonce again...

I18N Gallery - mvlcek - 2011-11-09

koenig Wrote:
mvlcek Wrote:You have an old loadtab.php installed in /admin. Replace it with that in /plugins/i18n_gallery.

Unfortunately not; they are the same (verified with both diff and md5sum).

Then you probably have another plugin using loadtab.php, e.g. squareit-loadtab (part of e.g. GSGallery). I think the culprit is the function squareit_tabLoadStyle: remove the add_action('header', ...) line in this plugin. But in this case you don't need the whole plugin, if you use I18N Gallery.

I18N Gallery - Johonwayni - 2011-11-09

Hi mvlcek,

9. photo after the installation stops.
I checked several times but the result is the same, continuous 9 photo stops.

test: ---
Gallery; Supersized
GS Ver: 3.1b