GetSimple Support Forum
I18N Gallery - Printable Version

+- GetSimple Support Forum (http://get-simple.info/forums)
+-- Forum: GetSimple (http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Plugins (http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: I18N Gallery (/showthread.php?tid=1662)

I18N Gallery - Golpar Tah - 2012-02-13

Quote:You can easily find out by looking at the HTML code of your page or by using browser plugins like FireBug (for Firefox).
In this case the CSS selector is .gallery-fancybox .gallery-thumb .gallery-title and you can use it to define a width or max-width for the title.
Thanks, that did exactly what I needed it to.

I18N Gallery - ChriS - 2012-02-14

First I wanna thank mvlcek for his very extensive and good plugins. I'm a GS-Beginner (no real JS/PHP skills but HTML & CSS knowledge) and tryin to get together a responsive slider with my template and I18N Gallery. The first difficulty was to understand, that a CSS navigation dropdown menu has problems if the z-index is below 9000 (I18N Gallery CSS-setting of ".gallery-cycle .prev" and ".gallery-cycle .next") in not showing up over the prev/next areas of the slideshow.
Then I was looking arround for a fluid responsive slider (100% width of the parent element). I found mainly the following two to be interesting:
  • MaxImage 2.0 beta 2 (@GitHub): fullscreen background slideshow plugin that utilizes jQuery Cycle Plugin and all it’s transitions / options. (Stable release 1.1.7 Sep. 2010)
  • carouFredSel version 5.5.0: turns any kind of HTML element into a carousel. It can scroll one or multiple items simultaneously, horizontal or vertical, infinite and circular, automatically or by user interaction. Built using jQuery.
Now I tried to hack a bit in the plugin_cycle.php (I18N Gallery folder). I was able to reset the padding/border to 0, but that was it. When I tried to create a Modification (plugin_cyclemi.php) with
Code:
i18n_gallery_register('cyclemi', 'cyclemi',
this Mod does not function as long as plugin_cycle.php is registered. So I think this PHP/JS-hacking is maybe to complex for me and before continuing I like to ask here if someone has a solution for a fluid responsive slider (100% width of the parent element, prev/next links over the slide image, nav dots/numbers over the slide image, possibly also title and description over the slide image) under the administration of I18N Gallery?

I18N Gallery - graphiclunch - 2012-02-16

Hi mvlcek,

All of a sudden I'm getting the error "Not logged in!"
And my sitewide cookies is true..?

The website I'm talking about is: http://www.piaf.dk

Best regards,
Lasse

I18N Gallery - mvlcek - 2012-02-16

graphiclunch Wrote:Hi mvlcek,

Best regards,
Lasse

If you copied you web site make sure to correctly set the web site base URL in the GetSimple settings.

I18N Gallery - graphiclunch - 2012-02-16

mvlcek Wrote:
graphiclunch Wrote:Hi mvlcek,

Best regards,
Lasse

If you copied you web site make sure to correctly set the web site base URL in the GetSimple settings.

You are a wizard! It worked... Thanks Smile

I18N Gallery - shawn_a - 2012-02-17

I am having a problem with images over 4000px in size. The script will not resize them or thumbnail them.
When calling pic.php with these images I just get a 500 error. I dont get any php logged errors, and cant seem to get anything useful in my apache error logs on this host.

Do you know what would cause this?

I18N Gallery - mvlcek - 2012-02-17

shawn_a Wrote:I am having a problem with images over 4000px in size. The script will not resize them or thumbnail them.
When calling pic.php with these images I just get a 500 error. I dont get any php logged errors, and cant seem to get anything useful in my apache error logs on this host.

Do you know what would cause this?

The most probable cause is an "Out of Memory" error. Many hosters have limits of 64MB to 128MB of RAM.

I18N Gallery - shawn_a - 2012-02-18

mvlcek Wrote:The most probable cause is an "Out of Memory" error. Many hosters have limits of 64MB to 128MB of RAM.

That's what I thought also, but some of these aren't necessarily large file sizes, and they resize with other gallery scripts just fine.

I'll see if i can add some debugging info and find where its dieing, or run it locally in a dev enviroment so i have better logging.

EDIT:
Yup memory error.
had to turn off error suppression on @imagecreatefromjpeg
I hate error supression, surely theres a global way to override that for degugging.

Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 13824 bytes)

The built in image class fixes this with this.
Code:
ini_set('memory_limit', '-1');

Not sure of the consequences of it, but it works now.

I18N Gallery - Connie - 2012-02-19

Mvlcek,

a client run into a problem, she deleted a gallery.
Fortunately I had a backup of all her files and could re-upload that xml.
But as your plugin does create backups in \backups\i18n_gallery-folder, I suggest to add the option to reset files from that backup-folder, by adding a new menu-entry in the plugin-menue at the right side?

How this happened:
even though I had written a tutorial for her, telling that the "X" at the top right corner of an image in a gallery deletes the image, she marked an image and then clicked on the "Delete" - link below the gallery:

Save Gallery or Cancel / Delete

maybe it would be better to name this "Delete Gallery" in the language file? Well, I did that and changed it to
Code:
, 'DELETE' => "diese Galerie löschen (Achtung!!!!)"

I18N Gallery - mvlcek - 2012-02-19

Connie Wrote:a client run into a problem, she deleted a gallery.
even though I had written a tutorial for her, telling that the "X" at the top right corner of an image in a gallery deletes the image, she marked an image and then clicked on the "Delete" - link below the gallery:

Save Gallery or Cancel / Delete

maybe it would be better to name this "Delete Gallery" in the language file?

I'd rather not rename it, because I try to keep the naming consistent across GetSimple, like it is, when editing a page.
But I'll try to add a functionality to restore a backup for the next release.

BTW: "she marked an image" - how can you mark an image??? Or was it rather click into a text field?

mvlcek Wrote:BTW: "she marked an image" - how can you mark an image??? Or was it rather click into a text field?

yes, she clicked into the textfield and thought she had marked that image for deletion ;=)

thanks for putting the recover-feature on your todo-list!

Cheers, Connie

I18N Gallery - KBear - 2012-02-19

A Suggestion/request. Would be nice if there was a mouse over type of image viewer option like
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex4/thumbnail2.htm
http://www.twospy.com/galleriffic/example-2.html

Also I could be missing something here. A way to automatically create a main gallery page. Eg. If you have a customer selling teddy bears, and he has a unique page with a picture gallery for each type of bear, the customer would have to manually add the link and thumbnail to the main gallery page whenever he created a new bear page.

As it is now for a main gallery page, the customer would have to copy the code, paste it into a new cell, and change panda to koala

(% gallerylink name= panda url= panda thumb=0 thumbheight=175 %) (% gallerylink name= panda url= panda %)

Or, am I missing something?

I18N Gallery - mvlcek - 2012-02-19

KBear Wrote:A Suggestion/request. Would be nice if there was a mouse over type of image viewer option like
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex4/thumbnail2.htm
http://www.twospy.com/galleriffic/example-2.html

Galleriffic is already on my to do list. But as I'm not paid for it, but doing it in my free time, it may take some time.

KBear Wrote:Also I could be missing something here. A way to automatically create a main gallery page. Eg. If you have a customer selling teddy bears, and he has a unique page with a picture gallery for each type of bear, the customer would have to manually add the link and thumbnail to the main gallery page whenever he created a new bear page.

As it is now for a main gallery page, the customer would have to copy the code, paste it into a new cell, and change panda to koala

(% gallerylink name=panda url=panda thumb=0 thumbheight=175 %) (% gallerylink name=panda url=panda %)

Or, am I missing something?

Yes, he has to add this manually. There is no way to do this automatically: how to sort the galleries, what thumbnail size, etc. Additionally he probably will want additional text between the links, describing the features of the bears, ...
A CKEditor plugin to add galleries and gallery links (like the add image button) might be a solution, if someone has experience implementing CKEditor plugins.

mvlcek Wrote:A CKEditor plugin to add galleries and gallery links (like the add image button) might be a solution, if someone has experience implementing CKEditor plugins.

Martin, it is not difficult to implement CKEditor plugins, but as there is no such plugin, it must be written and that is not so easy ;=)

I18N Gallery - KBear - 2012-02-20

mvlcek Wrote:Galleriffic is already on my to do list.

Yes, he has to add this manually.

Thanks, really appreciate the plugins you have done, and the feedback.

I18N Gallery - gugu - 2012-02-21

(this is related to this post)
I upload i18n_gallery to /plugins/
move gallery.class.php to /plugins/
now I can see 2 plugins installed but no text for this plugin.
[Image: plugins.jpg]
and no tabs in admin for gallery settings.
What have I done wrong ?

I18N Gallery - n00dles101 - 2012-02-21

You need to move all files in the il8n_gallery fodler to the root of the plugins folder.

I did that and now I get a 500 Internal Server Error.
and my page not work anymore !

I18N Gallery - Connie - 2012-02-21

Gugu,

it is obviousx that you made some mistakes

I delete the files again and my sites work fine.

I18N Gallery - Connie - 2012-02-21

that is good,

I just wanted to ask you more about your configuration.
But you are right, sometimes it is good to delete and to start anew

Cheers, Connie

No I can´t get the gallery plugins to work, that I mean is,
I delete the gallery files in the plugins folder and now my site working again.

I18N Gallery - mvlcek - 2012-02-21

gugu Wrote:No I can´t get the gallery plugins to work, that I mean is,
I delete the gallery files in the plugins folder and now my site working again.

You have to unpack the I18N Gallery plugin zip into the plugins folder, it should look like this:
Code:
/plugins/i18n_gallery.php
/plugins/i18n_gallery/gallery.class.php
/plugins/i18n_gallery/frontend.class.php
/plugins/i18n_gallery/...
/plugins/i18n_gallery/lang/en.php
/plugins/i18n_gallery/...
i.e. exactly one file - i18n_gallery.php - is directly in the plugins directory, the others are in the sub directory i18n_gallery and below.

Thanks guys now it works great Wink

I18N Gallery - Philipp75 - 2012-02-23

Short: Two slashes in gallery link, like: Gallery//Kenia/img01.jpg

Dear all,

I'm new to GetSimple and think it perfectly fits my purpose, so first: THANK YOU. But I have a bug that I cannot solve while using the I18N Gallery: the link to the gallery includes two slashes - where do they come from? The gallery thumbnails are displayed correctly on the target page, but when I click on a picture to enlarge it, an error is displayed: "Image cannot be loaded. Make sure the path is correct and image exist."

Any ideas? Further background:
- Upgraded to GetSimple 3.1, but did not help
- Using current I18N Gallery
- Installed GetSimple on ftp.my-server.de/html/test/getsimple/, so:
- GetSimple is viewed as www.my-server.de/test/getsimple/
- Link to image via the "Files" menu is correct: http://www.my-server.de/test/getsimple/ … /img01.jpg
- Filename of the image as displayed in the "Galleries" menue is incorrect: Gallery//Kenia/img01.jpg
- So it looks like the links generated by the gallery are incorrect.

Any help is appreciated.
Kind regards
Philipp