GetSimple Support Forum
I18N Gallery - Printable Version

+- GetSimple Support Forum (http://get-simple.info/forums)
+-- Forum: GetSimple (http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Plugins (http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: I18N Gallery (/showthread.php?tid=1662)

I18N Gallery - Connie - 2012-03-05

I have one problem after upgrading 5 domains today to GS 3.1, I run into one problem at one domain:

the gallery "Objekte" is not loading
there are many galleries at that page, all integrated with i18Ngallery, all with cycle and all but one work,

see here please:
http://www.petrafiebig.de/objekte/

I hope you can tell me where the problem lies, I am little bit tired now

I18N Gallery - widhi - 2012-03-05

Connie Wrote:widhi,

I would not suggest to switch to other CMS just because of this one situation.
I am a longtime engaged user of CMSMS, but I can tell you will run into bigger problems with that really good, but badly supported CMS ;=()

Well, please tell us exactly what is an "add on domain"? This is kind of hoster-speach and everybody configures add on domains differently

tell us the URL of the images in the gallery when you use PrettyPhoto ... and check if that is correct

Sure. I use a lot of cms and GetSimple is one of the stars, really love it. I definitely use it again in the future. But for this simple site (my own small-company) its suffice now.

add-on domain is where you rent a hosting service + domain to a hosting company. Then later you buy another domain separately then want to add that domain in the hosting service that you had before. In the folder structure its another sub-folder inside the public/html folder. but work just like its own domain.

Its different than subdomain. Subdomain is like this : "mysubdomain.maindomain.com". You always include the "maindomain" name at the back of the url. You don't need to pay additional annually cost for sub-domain names.

Add-on domain is like separate website with real domain name but inside one folder hierarchy. That is why you have to pay each different domain name annually. For example I have nafiamedia.com as the main domain. Inside the sub-folder structure I have expose3d.com folder. I can type nafiamedia.com and it will open the webpage of nafiamedia. If I type expose3d.com it will open expose3d.com. But the downside is if you type: http://nafiamedia.com/expose3d.com/ this is also work to open expose3d web page Sad. Not so good, but nobody would want to type those long url right? so I don't really care. I'm doing this simply to cut cost, because I already have unlimited (disk, bandwidth.. everything) hosting plan for nafiamedia. Why would I want to pay for additional hosting plan?

I hope you understand the the technical stuff of it. I'm not expert on in-depth server management so I don't know what other people call this method. My hosting company called it "add-on domain" and I think you can find that same term if you use c-Panel inside domain management.

widhi Wrote:I hope you understand the the technical stuff of it.

I do understand that. So they do not share the same folders, these 2 domains are containing different content.

That was my questions. Other hosters point different domain-names to the same folders and call them addon-domains as well.

Connie Wrote:I have one problem after upgrading 5 domains today to GS 3.1, I run into one problem at one domain:

there are many galleries at that page, all integrated with i18Ngallery, all with cycle and all but one work,

see here please:

does anyone see what is the problem with "my" gallery?

I18N Gallery - mvlcek - 2012-03-05

Connie Wrote:
Connie Wrote:I have one problem after upgrading 5 domains today to GS 3.1, I run into one problem at one domain:

see here please:

does anyone see what is the problem with "my" gallery?

It seems you didn't enter a height for the gallery images.
The nice thing is: I normally have JS off for new sites - and without JS it works perfectly ;-)

mvlcek Wrote:It seems you didn't enter a height for the gallery images.
The nice thing is: I normally have JS off for new sites - and without JS it works perfectly ;-)

Martin, I will check and teach my client to do that, thanks!

Connie

PS: Yes that was the error, thanks!

I18N Gallery - m1k3y - 2012-03-05

@widhi

You should make it as follows

Code:
root
-directory nafmedia
-directory expose3d
instead of

Code:
root
-directroy expose3d
all nafmedia files

The only thing you now have to do is to redirect nafmedia not to the root but to its very own folder, et voila no one will be able to access expose3d via nafmedia

But thats quite offtopic, isnt it Wink

I18N Gallery - widhi - 2012-03-06

m1k3y Wrote:@widhi The only thing you now have to do is to redirect nafmedia not to the root but to its very own folder, et voila no one will be able to access expose3d via nafmedia

No problem if anyone open nafiamedia can also open expose3d, I don't mind it at all.
The problem is when I install getsimple cms and i18n gallery on expose3d. Whenever I want to add images the pop up window show 404 error. No image browser Sad(

I18N Gallery - m1k3y - 2012-03-07

Its not good for search engines if the same website is available from two domains, so i reccomend you to fix it.

Did you check all the suggestions by mvlcek in the first post? Enabeld Sitewidecookies and so on....

I18N Gallery - stania - 2012-03-08

I installed version Version 1.7.1 - how to put google map in content, eg Warsaw?

I18N Gallery - mvlcek - 2012-03-08

stania Wrote:I installed version Version 1.7.1 - how to put google map in content, eg Warsaw?

Sorry, but the google maps gallery type is there only by error. It's not yet implemented.

I18N Gallery - DiDae - 2012-03-09

Quote:(% gallerylink name=auto url=autogallery thumb=0 imagetags=ford %)

What is wrong in that string? I would like show pics which tags=ford from gallery auto. On page autogallery we see can see all pics.

I18N Gallery - gugu - 2012-03-09

I like the cycle gallery but need thumbnail under the big images
someone knows how to do it ?

gugu Wrote:I like the cycle gallery but need thumbnail under the big images
someone knows how to do it ?
What about this http://mvlcek.bplaced.net/i18ngallery/i18ngallery-prettyphoto/?pic=3#!prettyPhoto[ireland]/3/
?
Trully, thumnnail situated on big pic.

I have to make decision now because I have a very shot time.

Guys, will plugin be work with a thousands of pics?

Or I should choose something with database?

I18N Gallery - mvlcek - 2012-03-09

DiDae Wrote:

What is wrong in that string? I would like show pics which tags=ford from gallery auto. On page autogallery we see can see all pics.

This functionality was not implemented.

I18N Gallery version 1.7.2:
  • adds the parameter tags to image links. The thumb is selected only from the matching images of the gallery and a imagetags parameter is added to the link so that the gallery will only show matching images.

@DiDae: Take care that the parameter is called tags, not imagetags.

DiDae Wrote:I have to make decision now because I have a very shot time.

Guys, will plugin be work with a thousands of pics?

Or I should choose something with database?

If you use multiple galleries, it should be ok.
Of course, if you make one gallery with 1000 pics, the edit gallery page will be quite long, and take long to load.
But even with a gallery of 1000 pics on the site itself (frontend) the plugin won't take much time compared to loading 1000 thumb nails and/or images.

mvlcek Wrote:
DiDae Wrote:

This functionality was not implemented.

I18N Gallery version 1.7.2:
  • adds the parameter tags to image links. The thumb is selected only from the matching images of the gallery and a imagetags parameter is added to the link so that the gallery will only show matching images.

@DiDae: Take care that the parameter is called tags, not imagetags.

I'm sorry, but i read all pages on plugin's site, and tried a lot of var of usage tags, imagestags with = or :, and i got or all pics, or empty template. Could you give more example with tag usage tag?

Question about future functionality: Are you thinking about using exif to take tags?

I18N Gallery - ChriS - 2012-03-09

Is it possible to set for example the following as standard without having to change something when a new gallery is created:
prettyphoto, maximum width, maximum height , theme "dark_square"

I must confess I have not read the prettyphoto Doc, but like first to ask if its possible with GS/I18N Gallery methods.
(Thank you)

DiDae Wrote:I'm sorry, but i read all pages on plugin's site, and tried a lot of var of usage tags, imagestags with = or :, and i got or all pics, or empty template. Could you give more example with tag usage tag?

Here is an example now.

ChriS Wrote:Is it possible to set for example the following as standard without having to change something when a new gallery is created:
prettyphoto, maximum width, maximum height , theme "dark_square"

This is not possible out-of-the-box.
But I18N Gallery is easily extensible itself: Attached you will find a small plugin which sets default values - just change the values or add additional Javascript instructions for additional fields. Look at the gallery edit page's generated HTML or use your favorite HTML inspector (e.g. Firebug for Firefox) to find out the field names.

DiDae Wrote:Question about future functionality: Are you thinking about using exif to take tags?

Didn't so far, because I don't have tagged images.
But if you PM me some example images with tags, it shouldn't be too hard as long as the PHP exif module is installed.

I18N Gallery - gugu - 2012-03-09

gugu Wrote:Jquery Cycle - Prev & Next with Image Count.

I need something like this:

Prev | Next 1/10

It is someone knows how to do it Wink
That file should I edit ?
guys this is why I need a thumbnailgallery
I need a images counter (my client need it)
she need a easy to use gallery and cycle is the best Wink
but I´m a beginner so I don´t know how to do.
okey this is the last time I ask and if I can´t get a answer
I must try to find another solution for it !

gugu Wrote:guys this is why I need a thumbnailgallery
I need a images counter (my client need it)
she need a easy to use gallery and cycle is the best Wink
but I´m a beginner so I don´t know how to do.
okey this is the last time I ask and if I can´t get a answer
I must try to find another solution for it !
A pretty type allow all of it. cycle slideshow with counter.