GetSimple Support Forum
I18N Gallery - Printable Version

+- GetSimple Support Forum (http://get-simple.info/forums)
+-- Forum: GetSimple (http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Plugins (http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: I18N Gallery (/showthread.php?tid=1662)

I18N Gallery - yojoe - 2012-04-03

mvlcek Wrote:Adding the description would be easy, but I don't know how you would format it to still look nice?

How about a tooltip with photo description appearing with onhover function ?
Other method would be just to show first word of description (or two) with "...", and with onhover the description box could be extended and slide down/up.
Of course both solution base on jscript, but since i18n_g base on jquery, it should be a big thing.

I18N Gallery - SoHo22 - 2012-04-03

Hello,
after fixing the problem with .htacces-files im very happy that the gallery plugin works. But it works only partly, because the lightbox feature in prettyPhoto doesn´t work. On click on the thumbnail of one pic only this image is shown inline on the page.

http://www.schneider-kertz.de/profil/

(It´s a "work in progress"-website)

Thanx for help
SoHo

I18N Gallery - mvlcek - 2012-04-03

SoHo22 Wrote:after fixing the problem with .htacces-files im very happy that the gallery plugin works. But it works only partly, because the lightbox feature in prettyPhoto doesn´t work. On click on the thumbnail of one pic only this image is shown inline on the page.

You are not including jQuery. Include it in your template or uncheck "Do not include jQuery" in your gallery settings.

I18N Gallery - SoHo22 - 2012-04-03

Hello,
yesterday I tried all options (include JQuery, not include JQuery etc.) - all without success. But today it works fine.
Thank you very much
SoHo

I18N Gallery - douten - 2012-04-04

Hello I've ran into a weird bug?
If the file is located in a nested folder the location saved in the gallery has //
for example
test/test-inside/image.jpg (under files tab)
added to the gallery outputs the location as
test//test-inside/image.jpg
Although the browser still display this link out right it still concerns me.

Thanks Smile

I18N Gallery - datiswous - 2012-04-05

Hi,

A small feature request:

When in the image upload browser (the one where you ad the images to the gallery), is it possible to put a button to add all images in folder to the gallery?

Let's say someone has image uploads containing more than 30 images for one gallery, it's relatively much work to add them all (I also seem to make easy mistakes, by forgetting photo's or clicking 2 times on an image). It would be easier to just add them all with one click, then maybe deleting some later from the gallery.

Got the idea from this topic: http://get-simple.info/forum/topic/3411/photo-wall-gallery/

I18N Gallery - mvlcek - 2012-04-07

I18N Gallery version 1.8:
  • corrects a bug separating sub directories with // instead of / (thanks @douten for pointing this out)
  • adds a "Add all images" link to the bottom of the image browser (@datiswous)

I18N Gallery - xStranger - 2012-04-08

Hello, Martin!
Please add ability to read tags from files.
Standard EXIF tags you can find there: http://www.exiv2.org/tags.html
For MS Windows users would be handy tagging images from Explorer, without any other software. It is the preferred option for me, but it will specific EXIF tags (XPTitle, XPComment, XPAuthor, XPKeywords, XPSubject). This can cause problems for users of other operating systems and programs, which uses other tags for same information.
Gallery can read first Exif.Image.XP<Tag>'s and if they not presented read other EXIF tags:

Exif.Image.ImageDescription = Exif.Image.XPTitle => Image Title
Exif.Image.Artist = Exif.Image.XPAuthor => Image Author
Exif.Photo.UserComment = Exif.Image.XPComment => Image Description
Exif.Image.XPKeywords => Image Keywords

I prepared tagged images for test (two folders in archive: tagged from Windows Explorer and tagged with exiv2): Download

I18N Gallery - focoves - 2012-04-10

thanks for this great plugin !!

I am testing v1.8, weird thing I ve found:
- on slideshows, when mouse over, it shows the "previous" or "next" arrows, even when NAVIGATION option is set to NONE (actually navigation is for dots and something else, not for that arrows in each side... I think they came from the admin side, files / images .. any idea?

- not friendly with SIMPLICO theme (works great over INNOVATION and CARDINAL)... when mouse over a thumbnail, it moves the thumbnail of next line to the right ... it seems to be a CSS property of the theme.

thanks again for your work

I18N Gallery - yojoe - 2012-04-10

Since v1.7.3 (maybe even earlier) there's a problem with cycle plugin.
Height of divs: #gallery-cycle-ID, and .gallery-container aren't an integer value, and the cycle container is rendered by browsers without height css attribute (firefox), or isn't taken into consideration (chrome).
I suppose $h variable is responsible for that (plugin_cycle.php line 221).

I18N Gallery - mvlcek - 2012-04-10

yojoe Wrote:Since v1.7.3 (maybe even earlier) there's a problem with cycle plugin.
Height of divs: #gallery-cycle-ID, and .gallery-container aren't an integer value, and the cycle container is rendered by browsers without height css attribute (firefox), or isn't taken into consideration (chrome).
I suppose $h variable is responsible for that (plugin_cycle.php line 221).

Can you be more specific as to your settings? I just tried it and I even get heights, if I do not specify any dimensions in the settings.

I18N Gallery - mvlcek - 2012-04-10

focoves Wrote:I am testing v1.8, weird thing I ve found:
- on slideshows, when mouse over, it shows the "previous" or "next" arrows, even when NAVIGATION option is set to NONE (actually navigation is for dots and something else, not for that arrows in each side... I think they came from the admin side, files / images .. any idea?

No, this navigation is intentional. I think one reason was that the gallery should be navigable without Javascript even if navigation was switched off.

focoves Wrote:- not friendly with SIMPLICO theme (works great over INNOVATION and CARDINAL)... when mouse over a thumbnail, it moves the thumbnail of next line to the right ... it seems to be a CSS property of the theme.

You mean: SIMPLICO theme is not I18N Gallery-friendly. It's probably a CSS rule which is too general.
Just add a rule to reverse this with .gallery .gallery-thumb or similar.

focoves Wrote:thanks again for your work

You are welcome!

I18N Gallery - yojoe - 2012-04-10

mvlcek Wrote:Can you be more specific as to your settings? I just tried it and I even get heights, if I do not specify any dimensions in the settings.
It looks like this problem showed up in theme I develop, as I declared a relative position for all divs globally.
But still css height isn't an integer value.

Look at the bottom of this page: http://getsimple.wujitsu.pl/bluebusiness/en/extensions-compatibility/i18n-galllery
Generated CSS for gallery containers:
Quote:#gallery-cycle-slidedshowcycle.gallery-cycle .gallery-container {
width: 1024px;
height: 1109,33333333px;
position: relative;
}

#gallery-cycle-slidedshowcycle.gallery-cycle {
width: 1024px;
height: 1109,33333333px;
}
After deleting ",33333333" divs are being rendered as supposed.
I suppose code responsible for generating css height doesn't work properly, and the value is not an integer type.

Gallery options are almost default. Screenie in attachment.

edit: I looked at the thing once again. The slider seemed to be ok under innovation theme until I realized that I disabled loading jquery with i18n. After enabling it, images disappeared due to invalid width/height.
Replacing $w + $tw : $w; with intval($w + $tw) : intval($w) solves the problem. Resizing images with cropping does the job too.

I18N Gallery - Robertman20 - 2012-04-12

Hi, I have a slight problem with the plugin in the skeleton theme...
Like a post above me, if I use the prettyphoto or the fancy box gallery then I don't get the lightbox feature. I get directed to a new page with only the image... I've tried checking the disable jquery option and I don't really understand how to add the Jqeury option into the theme... and help would be appreciated

I18N Gallery - douten - 2012-04-13

Hello. Just so you guys know if you run into an issue with IE & cycle slideshow with the prev/next button it's a css issue.

Because IE (loverly) renders only the portion of the a tag with 'content' for the :hover to work we need to add a blank background to the tag or else only when you hover over the hidden button will it trigger the event.

So in the .gallery-cycle .next, .gallery-cycle .prev I added
background: url('/plugin/i18n_gallery/images/fancybox/blank.gif') repeat left top;
(I exported the style into a separate stylesheet so I couldn't use php for template path).

Hope this helps, spent some time trying to figure that one out.

I18N Gallery - Robzilla - 2012-04-13

Hi!

Is there really no way to display more than one thumbnail of a gallery?
I want to list some galleries on one site:

Gallery 1 (link to gallery)
[] [] [] [] [] (linked thumbnails which will open the gallery in fancybox)

Gallery 2 (link to gallery)

Gallery 3 (link to gallery)

- - -

(% gallery name=foo thumb=0 %) <- something like this but with more than one thumbnail.

Thanks in advance,
Rob
:-)

I18N Gallery - mvlcek - 2012-04-13

Robzilla Wrote:Is there really no way to display more than one thumbnail of a gallery?

You could add the gallery multiple times (you will have to specify an id), e.g.
Code:
(% gallery name=foo thumb=0 id=foo1 %)
(% gallery name=foo thumb=3 id=foo2 %)
(% gallery name=foo thumb=6 id=foo3 %)
(% gallery name=foo thumb=9 id=foo4 %)
but you might need to tweek your CSS to have the thumbs beside each other instead in different lines.

I18N Gallery - chiara - 2012-04-14

Hi everyone! I can't find the solution of this problem.
I can't upload any image with
- i18n Gallery
- i18n custom fields
- i18n special pages

because when i try to upload I found this answer on the window (see the Attachaments)

I've built the same website in another server and different hosting. And it works well.
So I think the problem is there, But I really don't know how to do and I coudn't find any solution.

Thank you very much
chiara

I18N Gallery - mvlcek - 2012-04-14

chiara Wrote:Hi everyone! I can't find the solution of this problem.
I can't upload any image with
- i18n Gallery
- i18n custom fields
- i18n special pages

because when i try to upload I found this answer on the window (see the Attachaments)

I've built the same website in another server and different hosting. And it works well.
So I think the problem is there, But I really don't know how to do and I coudn't find any solution.

Did you set the "Website Base URL" correctly, as stated in the Problem Solving paragraphs?

I18N Gallery - chiara - 2012-04-14

mvlcek Wrote:Website Base URL
Yes, Website Base URL seems to be correct. I'm spending the night trying to understand where the problem is and I found this: when I am installing getsimple everything seems to be correct. But temp.gsconfing.php and temp.htaccess they are not changed in gsconfig.php and .htaccess
So I tried to do it manually, but it seems and don't have any permission to do this.
After a while temp.gsconfig.php is chaged in gsconfig.php and temp.htaccess has disappeard.
Does this observation have any sense?
Sorry I feel so clumsy on those kind of problem.

Thank you so much for your help.

I18N Gallery - webmarka - 2012-04-17

Hello. I18N Gallery seems a very good plugin. My problem is : why is the gallery so slow on the first load (when you click on a photo for the first time, or ctrl+F5). I've tried to load many jQuery versions, but always the same. I compared with others similars GS sites and didn't found the same problem.

The gallery url : http://aluminord.com/index.php?id=realisations

A little help would be very appreciated.

Thank you.

I18N Gallery - mvlcek - 2012-04-17

webmarka Wrote:Hello. I18N Gallery seems a very good plugin. My problem is : why is the gallery so slow on the first load (when you click on a photo for the first time, or ctrl+F5). I've tried to load many jQuery versions, but always the same. I compared with others similars GS sites and didn't found the same problem.

It's because prettyPhoto preloads all images.

I18N Gallery - kitech - 2012-04-17

Hello, and thank you for the great plugin. Just a silly question: if pagify is set to let's say 4, and the number of thumbs is exactly sth multiplied by 4 (like 12, 20 etc.) the pagify always adds one extra (empty) page.
the jQuery is loaded via template.
What am i doing wrong ? Thank you very much.
EDIT: Is it possible that pagify counts the clearing div ?
EDIT: OK, i got it. pagify indeed counts the extra clearing div ($this.children()) so removing it (in my case from the plugin_prettyphoto.php - line 222) solves the problem. the div seems redundant since the pagify div has also clear:both.
sorry for confusion Wink

I18N Gallery - chiara - 2012-04-18

Hi! I write this post cause, maybe, it can be useful to someone.
I found that the problem is in the "browse" button of plugins i18n - In the website I can browse images, links everywhere, except when the browse is from, for example, i18n special pages.
I soveld asking my client to copy the image (or file) link and paste it in the field instead of browsing them.

As solution for the gallery I decided to change the plugin. I have used "the photo gallery". It wasn't working because some jquery files were missing.

If someone has any idea of the problem I am still interest in find the solution!
Smile
Thank you all for the great job!
chiara

I18N Gallery - kitech - 2012-04-19

Hello again
I'm using i18N gallery with prettyphoto (facebook skin) for multiple (tabbed) , paged galleries. Now rewriting the page's url while the image is displayed ( like index.php?id=galeria-a#!prettyPhoto[galeria-1]/23/ ) is great, but is there any way to 'clean' it back (to sth like like index.php?id=galeria-a) after closing the image ?
Thank you for any tips.