GetSimple Support Forum
I18N Gallery - Printable Version

+- GetSimple Support Forum (http://get-simple.info/forums)
+-- Forum: GetSimple (http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Plugins (http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: I18N Gallery (/showthread.php?tid=1662)

I18N Gallery - didou038 - 2012-04-21

sorry if this question was already asked but I don't find answer :

Is there a way to create a private gallery ? I need to create some gallery and these must be accessible only with a login and/or a password. Is it possible with I18N Gallery ?

Thanks for your reply Wink

I18N Gallery - yojoe - 2012-04-21

didou038 Wrote:Is there a way to create a private gallery ?
http://get-simple.info/extend/plugin/front-end-user-login/202/

yojoe Wrote:
Therefore, the major part of the time, my questions are so stupid?

thank you for your response yojoe, and sorry for not having thought of this plugin!

I18N Gallery - mvlcek - 2012-04-21

didou038 Wrote:
yojoe Wrote:
Therefore, the major part of the time, my questions are so stupid?

thank you for your response yojoe, and sorry for not having thought of this plugin!

Just for completeness: As far as I know, the Frontend User Login only secures pages, thus the gallery would be inaccessible for anonymous users (make sure to secure the page named "gallery", too). However, if the user knows the image links, he will still be able to access those images.

You might want to secure them, too.

Thanks mvlcek.

Here for an explanation of my request :

this is for a photographer friend. When did a photo shoot, he will post on its website the photo of his client with a password. In this way the client only has access to his photos, he can make his choice to order. The photo will not be in HD on the site and will have a watermark.

there will be a user account per customer (probably temporary accounts)

I18N Gallery - alex_d - 2012-04-23

Hello,

I'm still looking for this option but I'm really stuck with this .. anobody knows the sollution ?

alex_d Wrote:
mvlcek Wrote:
gugu Wrote:Jquery Cycle - Prev & Next with Image Count.

I need something like this:

Prev | Next 1/10

It is someone knows how to do it Wink
That file should I edit ?

You would have to change the plugins/i18n_gallery/plugin_cycle.php.
Adding prev/next should be easy according to the cycle documentation, don't know about the 1/10.

Hi,

Have somebody figured out how to change 'caption' for output like http://jquery.malsup.com/cycle/count.html ?

I18N Gallery - mvlcek - 2012-04-28

I18N Gallery version 1.9:
  • tries to read title, description and tags from the image file (XMP, IPTC and EXIF data), when adding files (@xStranger, @DiDae)

Due to the limited number of test files I would be interested in feedback - if an image file is not processed correctly, you can send me the file by PM with a description of the problem.

I18N Gallery - xStranger - 2012-04-28

Wow! Create and edit galleries has never been easier. Smile
I created test images and tagged them from Windows Explorer (EXIF Tags). Cyrillic text from Caption is not displayed correctly.
Martin, If you need I will send you these test images.

xStranger Wrote:Wow! Create and edit galleries has never been easier. Smile
I created test images and tagged them from Windows Explorer (EXIF Tags). Cyrillic text from Caption is not displayed correctly.
Martin, If you need I will send you these test images.

EXIF does not specify the character set thus it is impossible to automatically read it correctly (I currently assume LATIN-1). The only solution would be an option to input a character set either on the dialog or in the settings.

If you store the information in the XMP metadata (Adobe standard) it will work, as it is encoded as UTF-8.

It's strange. I was sure that these MS standart tags are always unicode, because XPTitle and XPKeywords show normal cyrillic text.

xStranger Wrote:It's strange. I was sure that these MS standart tags are always unicode, because XPTitle and XPKeywords show normal cyrillic text.

Please PM me some test files, but I'm sure that Windows just stores/displays them in the system's character set, which probably is cyrillic for you.

Ok

I18N Gallery version 1.9.1:
  • improves character set recognition for EXIF data (UTF or ISO-8859-15)

@xStranger: The XP data in your files in totally corrupted. You can see the XMP/IPTC/EXIF content in your image files by adding &debug=1 to the image browser URL. Then you can try switching the character set in your browser to find out, which one is used in a particular part of the IPTC/EXIF data.

mvlcek Wrote:I18N Gallery version 1.9.1:
The XP data in your files in totally corrupted.
It's all right with WINXP tags, I checked with PhotoME and XnView. But, yes all cyrillic symbols in this tags don't normally read with PHP.
Maybe somebody else can tag images from Windows Explorer (I use Windows 7) for test.

Line 62 in imagebrowser.php must be:
Code:
$info['description'] = i18n_gallery_exif_text(implode("\r\n", $iptc['2#120']));

I18N Gallery - mvlcek - 2012-05-01

I18N Gallery version 1.9.2:
  • fixes the bug found by xStranger

I18N Gallery - booleanboy - 2012-05-01

I'm using GS 3.1 and the i18N Gallery Version 1.9.2 running on a local LAMP server.

I confess that I don't know PHP and I'm a beginner with CSS so please forgive me if my request is trivial.

I'm using the 'Cycle' plugin to fade between a series of images. Whatever settings I use, navigation arrows appear on each side of the image.

How can these arrows be removed?

Charlie

I18N Gallery - mvlcek - 2012-05-01

booleanboy Wrote:I'm using the 'Cycle' plugin to fade between a series of images. Whatever settings I use, navigation arrows appear on each side of the image.

They are included for easy navigation, even with Javascript turned off.
You can hide them with CSS, e.g.
Code:
.gallery-cycle .prev, .gallery-cycle .next { display:none !important; }

I18N Gallery - booleanboy - 2012-05-01

mvlcek Wrote:
booleanboy Wrote:I'm using the 'Cycle' plugin to fade between a series of images. Whatever settings I use, navigation arrows appear on each side of the image.

They are included for easy navigation, even with Javascript turned off.
You can hide them with CSS, e.g.
Code:
.gallery-cycle .prev, .gallery-cycle .next { display:none !important; }

Many thanks for your swift reply and accurate advice - all works perfectly now!

I quite understand why the arrows are there normally, but for my particular application the images I'm displaying are small, their order unimportant and the arrows were obscuring most of the slideshow!

Charlie
PS as this is for a semi-commercial site (a village pub) I've sent you a modest donation in appreciation.

I18N Gallery - jbarreto - 2012-05-03

Hi, im running getsimple in windows server 2008r2, when i upload images to a folder and then clic to add images, this message appears:

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator to inform of the time the error occurred and of anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

I18N Gallery - andyash - 2012-05-06

I want to show a group of 3-4 random photos in the sidebar linked to a single gallery. (kind of like sidebar flickr photos in wordpress blogs)

Can it be done, and if yes, how?

I18N Gallery - mvlcek - 2012-05-06

andyash Wrote:I want to show a group of 3-4 random photos in the sidebar linked to a single gallery. (kind of like sidebar flickr photos in wordpress blogs)

Can it be done, and if yes, how?

To add links to a gallery, see here.
But it will only show one thumbnail.
You could add 3 links, but if the thumbnails shown are random, some could show the same picture.
Or you can add 3 links with specific different thumbnails, but then it is not random.

Of course you can get three random numbers yourself and display 3 links (not tested!):
Code:
<?php
  $gallery = return_i18n_gallery('my-gallery-name');
  $num =count($gallery['items']);
  $pics = array();
  while (count($pics) < 3) {
    $i = rand(0,$num-1);
    if (!in_array($i,$pics)) {
      $pics[] = $i;
      get_i18n_gallery_link('my-gallery-name', array('url'=>'my-gallery-slug', 'thumb'=>$i)); ?>
    }
  }
?>

I18N Gallery - didou038 - 2012-05-06

If anyone wants to add the title of a gallery just below the thumbnail, I found a solution.
I do it because my client wants to display a single thumbnail per gallery, so the title for each one is recommended in order to recognize them.

I test it only with prettyphoto plugin :

1- Edit the file plugin_prettyphoto.php (in plugins/i18n_gallery)

2- Find the line :
Code:
<?php if ($showtitles) { ?>

3- add before :
Code:
<h2 style="word-wrap: break-word; <?php echo 'width: '.@$gallery['thumbwidth'].'px;'; ?> "><?php echo $gallery['title']; ?></h2>
h2 or span or what you want.

4- Save the file and that's done.

It will be interesting to add this option in gallery management, no ?

I18N Gallery - andyash - 2012-05-06

mvlcek Wrote:<?php
$pics = array();
$i = rand(0,$num-1);
$pics[] = $i;
get_i18n_gallery_link('my-gallery-name', array('url'=>'my-gallery-slug', 'thumb'=>$i)); ?>
}
}
?>

Where do I put this?

When I put it in the template and got a server error.

I put it inside a component and put the component call inside the template and though there was no error, there were no thumbnails either.

I18N Gallery - mvlcek - 2012-05-06

andyash Wrote:
mvlcek Wrote:<?php
$pics = array();
$i = rand(0,$num-1);
$pics[] = $i;
}
}
?>

Where do I put this?

When I put it in the template and got a server error.

I put it inside a component and put the component call inside the template and though there was no error, there were no thumbnails either.

As I said, it's not tested - but I see an error: remove the ?> in the get_i18n_gallery_link line.