GetSimple Support Forum
I18N Gallery - Printable Version

+- GetSimple Support Forum (http://get-simple.info/forums)
+-- Forum: GetSimple (http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Plugins (http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: I18N Gallery (/showthread.php?tid=1662)

I18N Gallery - andyash - 2012-05-28

Since new images get added at the bottom of a gallery is there a way to show the gallery in ascending or descending order? Maybe something like

order=asc or order=desc

I want the new added images to be at the top of the page, not bottom.

I18N Gallery - mvlcek - 2012-05-29

andyash Wrote:Since new images get added at the bottom of a gallery is there a way to show the gallery in ascending or descending order? Maybe something like

order=asc or order=desc

I want the new added images to be at the top of the page, not bottom.

You can order the images with drag and drop.

I18N Gallery - rfuller - 2012-05-29

mvlec

I have a problem with both the gallery and search plugin. I got both working correctly on one site, thought I worked out all the problems with your help, but when I installed both on another site I am working on neither will activate on that site.

I thought it might be in the protocol when I up loaded it to the site but I have tried re-installing and still get the same thing.

Bob

I18N Gallery - andyash - 2012-05-29

mvlcek Wrote:You can order the images with drag and drop.
Yeah. But the drag and drop with hundreds of images can be quite a task. So the new images have to br dragged all the way up scrolling through those hundreds of images. Wouldn't it be just easier to add the SORT BY ascending, descending order, name, date etc. in the settings area?

i18n gallery tags not working for me. I am using GS3.1 with the latest version of i18N gallery. I have put tags in the images separated by commas... 2012, 2011, 2010... etc.

In my page I have this code
(% gallery name=painting tags=2012, 2011, 2010 %)

All I get is a blank page. If I use a single tag it works fine. What's going wrong here?

I18N Gallery - mvlcek - 2012-05-29

andyash Wrote:i18n gallery tags not working for me. I am using GS3.1 with the latest version of i18N gallery. I have put tags in the images separated by commas... 2012, 2011, 2010... etc.

In my page I have this code
(% gallery name=painting tags=2012, 2011, 2010 %)

All I get is a blank page. If I use a single tag it works fine. What's going wrong here?

If your value contains blanks, you must put it into single or double quotes (or remove the blanks):
Code:
(% gallery name=painting tags="2012, 2011, 2010" %)
(% gallery name=painting tags=2012,2011,2010 %)

mvlcek Wrote:(% gallery name=painting tags="2012, 2011, 2010" %)

Neither works.

I18N Gallery - booleanboy - 2012-05-30

I'd like to use a i18n gallery to replace a static image in the header of a template.

Can this be done, and if so, how?

I18N Gallery - szmigielDESIGN - 2012-05-30

Did I miss anything or is I18N Gallery providing a lower quality thumbnail output (JPEG quality) by default? Is there a way to manually change it?

I18N Gallery - mvlcek - 2012-05-30

booleanboy Wrote:I'd like to use a i18n gallery to replace a static image in the header of a template.

Can this be done, and if so, how?

Use the respective function calls in your template (see here for details):
Code:
<?php get_i18n_gallery_header('my-gallery-name'); ?>
<?php get_i18n_gallery('my-gallery-name'); ?>

I18N Gallery - mvlcek - 2012-05-30

szmigielDESIGN Wrote:Did I miss anything or is I18N Gallery providing a lower quality thumbnail output (JPEG quality) by default? Is there a way to manually change it?

Yes, the thumbnails or reduced size versions of the images are always created as JPEG (quality 85), as it is sufficient for most use cases.

If you want to change this, you can change the following lines (61, 103) in plugins/i18n_gallery/browser/pic.php:
Code:
  $outfile = substr($outfile, 0, strrpos($outfile,'.')) . '.jpg';
    imagejpeg($dst, $thumbdir.$outfile, 85);

I18N Gallery - rfuller - 2012-06-01

rfuller Wrote:mvlec

I have a problem with both the gallery and search plugin. I got both working correctly on one site, thought I worked out all the problems with your help, but when I installed both on another site I am working on neither will activate on that site.

I thought it might be in the protocol when I up loaded it to the site but I have tried re-installing and still get the same thing.

Bob

Problem Resolved.

I18N Gallery - hameau - 2012-06-02

Feature request : Please duplicate the 'Save' button (and 'Cancel / Delete' and 'Add images' ...) under the tabs in the right-hand column of the Edit Gallery page.

It doesn't take very many pictures to make the page quite long, so a simple adjustment to the gallery options, for example, means scrolling a long way down just to save the change. Or perhaps some sort of paging or folding capability ?

The same request for some of your other plugins too, but the need in the gallery is most pronounced.

I18N Gallery - rg6julian - 2012-06-04

Hi All!

Thanx for the opportunity of using GetSimple!

I have just started using GS a week ago (3.1). Swiftly made a translation to Hungarian too.

I have searched this and other forums and also the requirements page for my problem with no luck. I possibly miss only a minor thing which messes my i18n gallery setup up.

INSTALLATION:
I have a clean installation of GS 3.1, with all health check options OK.
Installed parts: hu_HU translation lang file, i18n base + common + gallery

MY PROBLEM:
When trying create a new gallery (no picture files uploaded), I can see the expected image finder popup window with empty directory. After creating a simple (no particular) directory structure I see the empty structure when trying to add pics. And now, after adding some basic pictures, when I'm trying to add images from the folder which contains the images I get the following error:
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Szerverhiba
A webhely problémába ütközött a(z) ...www.dancestyle.webezzeg.hu/plugins/i18n_gallery/browser/imagebrowser.php?path=valentin/2011&func=addImage&w=160&h=120
...www.dancestyle.webezzeg.hu/plugins/i18n_gallery/browser/imagebrowser.php?path=valentin/2011&func=addImage&w=160&h=120 lekérése során. Lehetséges, hogy karbantartás miatt nem működik, vagy helytelenül van konfigurálva.
Íme néhány javaslat:
A weboldal újratöltése később.
500 HTTP hiba (Internal Server Error): Váratlan feltétel merült fel, miközben a szerver megpróbált eleget tenni a kérésnek.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

It basically says that the server has problems with imagebrowser.php's request and throws a 500 error by the way.

I'm sure the plugin works just fine. Could you please help me find a solution for this?
Galleryes are important part of my works/sites. If I can get the plugin running I swich to Get Simple for my further works. Great system, keep up the good works!

Regards
Julian

I18N Gallery - mvlcek - 2012-06-05

rg6julian Wrote:I have searched this and other forums and also
the requirements page for my problem with no luck. I possibly miss only a minor thing which messes my i18n gallery setup up.

Did you check the Problem Solving section in the first post?
What happens, if you switch on debugging in gsconfig.php?
Did you copy all plugin files including .htaccess?

I18N Gallery - rg6julian - 2012-06-05

mvlcek Wrote:Did you check the Problem Solving section in the first post?
What happens, if you switch on debugging in gsconfig.php?
Did you copy all plugin files including .htaccess?

Yes, fist I went through virtually the whole thread searching for solution with only partial luck. I haven't tried debugging yet - I'll try it shortly. Ihave checked all the files including .htaccess files too.

Meanwhile I simply inactivated the i18n 1.9.2 plugin and renamed the directory, then installed a previous version namely 1.7.3 (quick pick from the pack). It works since then. Every single config is untouched, no mod made even in the theme settings.

Therefor I suspect the new version causes this issue. I will try to install the further versions step-by-step to find out the latest version without the issue I witnessed. I will come up with an update on this.

Your plugin is brilliant and essential for a CMS like this.
Thanks for your work!
Julian

I18N Gallery - andyash - 2012-06-06

andyash Wrote:

Neither works.

Any solution for this?

I18N Gallery - mvlcek - 2012-06-06

andyash Wrote:
andyash Wrote:

Neither works.

Any solution for this?

Oh, it does work (like designed) ;-)
It gives you all images with all the tags 2012, 2011 and 2010.

I concentrated on the technical aspect, but ignored the functional part of your question :-(

There is no easy way to show all images having one of multiple tags.
You could use the (rather undocumented) image-veto filter by registering a filter function (in a plugin) like
Code:
function filter_images($name, $filename, $tags) {
  if /* TODO: one of those tags */ return false;
  return true;
}
You would need to store the wanted years in a global variable.

Otherwise you could only put multiple instances of the gallery on the page like:
Code:
(% gallery name=painting tags=2012 %)
(% gallery name=painting tags=2011 %)
(% gallery name=painting tags=2010 %)

I18N Gallery - andyash - 2012-06-06

mvlcek Wrote:
andyash Wrote:
andyash Wrote:Neither works.

Any solution for this?

Oh, it does work (like designed) ;-)
It gives you all images with all the tags 2012, 2011 and 2010.

I concentrated on the technical aspect, but ignored the functional part of your question :-(

There is no easy way to show all images having one of multiple tags.
You could use the (rather undocumented) image-veto filter by registering a filter function (in a plugin) like
Code:
function filter_images($name, $filename, $tags) {
  if /* TODO: one of those tags */ return false;
  return true;
}
You would need to store the wanted years in a global variable.

Otherwise you could only put multiple instances of the gallery on the page like:
Code:
How do I create the function? I am not a programmer. The reason I want to avoid using
Code:
is because I do not want extra spaces between one year and the other. I want them in continuation.

I18N Gallery - vasitellapahki - 2012-06-06

Experiencing problems which haven't occurred before...

When I try to add image to new gallery, the pop-up window is blank...
(http://whatever.url.com/plugins/i18n_gallery/browser/imagebrowser.php?func=addImage&w=160&h=120)

If I remove files from uploads folder root, I can then see folder I've created in file browser window.
I can move into that folder in the file browser window, but only if it contains no files. If there are files in it, the browser window then stays blank.

Latest edition of i18n gallery 1.9.2, GS3.1 (combination has worked spectacularly well before, with the same webhost...)

Tried to add sitewide cookies to config - no help.
Checked root url in site settings - is ok, no help.
I disabled all other plugins - no help.
Chmod data folder 0777 - no help.
Check file ownership - no help.

Anything other to try?
I'm all lost.

I18N Gallery - mvlcek - 2012-06-06

vasitellapahki Wrote:Experiencing problems which haven't occurred before...

When I try to add image to new gallery, the pop-up window is blank...
(http://whatever.url.com/plugins/i18n_gallery/browser/imagebrowser.php?func=addImage&w=160&h=120)

If I remove files from uploads folder root, I can then see folder I've created in file browser window.
I can move into that folder in the file browser window, but only if it contains no files. If there are files in it, the browser window then stays blank.

Latest edition of i18n gallery 1.9.2, GS3.1 (combination has worked spectacularly well before, with the same webhost...)

Tried to add sitewide cookies to config - no help.
Checked root url in site settings - is ok, no help.
I disabled all other plugins - no help.
Chmod data folder 0777 - no help.
Check file ownership - no help.

Anything other to try?
I'm all lost.

Any specific file that causes the problem?

I18N Gallery - vasitellapahki - 2012-06-07

mvlcek Wrote:Any specific file that causes the problem?

I've tried with several image files and file extensions jpg, jpeg, png, gif.
If I upload anything but image files, f ex a pdf-file, then the file browser window shows ok (tho the pdf does not show up there, but I guess that's the way it should be, after all it's for adding images to gallery..). But when I upload image files, the window goes blank. Remove files and the folders show up... very odd...
Or maybe just odd to me?

I18N Gallery - mvlcek - 2012-06-07

vasitellapahki Wrote:
mvlcek Wrote:Any specific file that causes the problem?

I've tried with several image files and file extensions jpg, jpeg, png, gif.
If I upload anything but image files, f ex a pdf-file, then the file browser window shows ok (tho the pdf does not show up there, but I guess that's the way it should be, after all it's for adding images to gallery..). But when I upload image files, the window goes blank. Remove files and the folders show up... very odd...
Or maybe just odd to me?

Please PM me one of those image files that cause problems.

I18N Gallery - vasitellapahki - 2012-06-12

mvlcek Wrote:Please PM me one of those image files that cause problems.

PM sent.

I18N Gallery - shawn_a - 2012-06-13

Is there a way to do essentially a type=none ?
I don't want any javascript inserted, just a gallery output as a list that my theme can take care of itself.