GetSimple Support Forum
I18N Gallery - Printable Version

+- GetSimple Support Forum (http://get-simple.info/forums)
+-- Forum: GetSimple (http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Plugins (http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: I18N Gallery (/showthread.php?tid=1662)

RE: I18N Gallery - Draxeiro - 2013-05-21

Until recently deleting the gallery.xml file from the i18n_gallery directory was enough to keep the gallery page from re-appearing in the admin every time a change is made to one of the galleries. However while working on a new project earlier today and installing the latest i18n gallery version l found out that deleting gallery.xml will result in an error notice when going to the gallery page to edit the photo's. Things do work as usual but with the error message.

Is there a way to keep this from happening? Not having gallery show up on the pages tab is very much preferable but a client won't understand if an error message shows up as a result.

How can I make sure this will work as before? So no gallery and no error either.

RE: I18N Gallery - Angryboy - 2013-05-21

Assuming that this is more of an aesthetic issue than security, here's a quick solution that you can use to hide any page in the Pages tab using CSS:

Code:
$hidePages = array('gallery');
add_action('header', 'hidePagesOnPages', array($slugs=$hidePages));

function hidePagesOnPages($slugs) {
  echo '<style type="text/css">';
  foreach ($slugs as $slug) echo 'tr#tr-'.$slug.' { display: none; }';
  echo'      </style>';
}

Add that code into any plugin of your choice and append the $hidePages array with any other page slugs that you wish and they will be hidden from the client.

RE: I18N Gallery - Vlinder Design - 2013-05-23

Hi there!

First of all, what a wonderful plugin! Works like a charm!

But I do have a question about using this gallery in my sidebar. Is this even possible? On my homepage I have a working slider, but on the bottom of the page I would like to have a gallery, displaying 3-4 images.

My website: Bahia Arabians

The gallery itself works, when I post the gallery-code into any other place, it load it perfectly, but when I place in in the side bar, it doesn't show anything! Am I doing something wrong here? Thanks in advance!

RE: I18N Gallery - Carlos - 2013-05-23

See here: http://mvlcek.bplaced.net/get-simple/i18ngallery
and look for this: To add a gallery to your template, use...
(The described method should work for components.)

RE: I18N Gallery - pentaxeros - 2013-05-23

Hello, I'm installing this gallery on a test page I'm riding with CMS, giving me problems.

All thumbnail images leave me broken.

Here you can see it:
http://www.espaciovision.es/pruebas222/gallery/?name=pruebas-2

Even when I give insert image thumbnails are broken
[Image: 1369245378Capturadepantalla20130522alas19.png]
[Image: 1369245431Capturadepantalla20130522alas19.png]

I have installed the latest versions, here you can see:
[Image: 1369245632Capturadepantalla20130522alas20.png]

Any idea why is not?

Thank you!

RE: I18N Gallery - pentaxeros - 2013-05-23

Hi, I've solved the problem was that the images were very large and was side this error:
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 18116 bytes) in / home/espacio1/public_html/pruebas222/plugins/i18n_gallery/browser/pic.php on line 104

Greetings!

RE: I18N Gallery - Draxeiro - 2013-05-24

(2013-05-21, 06:34:21)Angryboy Wrote: Assuming that this is more of an aesthetic issue than security, here's a quick solution that you can use to hide any page in the Pages tab using CSS:

Code:
$hidePages = array('gallery');
add_action('header', 'hidePagesOnPages', array($slugs=$hidePages));

function hidePagesOnPages($slugs) {
  echo '<style type="text/css">';
  foreach ($slugs as $slug) echo 'tr#tr-'.$slug.' { display: none; }';
  echo'      </style>';
}

Add that code into any plugin of your choice and append the $hidePages array with any other page slugs that you wish and they will be hidden from the client.

Hi Angryboy,

First of all: Great to have you back on the forums, you've been missed! Hope your studies are going well Smile

Also great to see you're migrating your site to a new url, hope you have it filled soon (as the other url is giving a 403 right now), your documentation is of great help to many GS users.

With regards to your quick solution, it was indeed just an aesthetic issue. Showing 'gallery' in the pages tab without the user basically being able to do anything with it will potentially put them on the wrong footing. So this is a great solution and it works like a charm.

Only 'problem' is that plugins have the tendency to be updated quite often so that would mean having to drop in the code on a regular basis. So I have included it in the anonymous_data plugin for now, that one basically just sits there.

Thanks for your help in any case!

RE: I18N Gallery - SG - 2013-06-05

Hi,

I found this plugin isn't working on GetSimple 3.2.1, I'm using custom theme, am I missing something?

RE: I18N Gallery - Carlos - 2013-06-05

Maybe you didn't insert a <?php get_header(); ?> tag in your template's <head> section.

RE: I18N Gallery - SG - 2013-06-05

(2013-06-05, 15:47:38)Carlos Wrote: Maybe you didn't insert a <?php get_header(); ?> tag in your template's <head> section.

ah, that's it. Thank you! Smile

RE: I18N Gallery - chaos - 2013-06-13

I have a gallery that is working perfectly - the problem comes when I want to delete one image off that gallery. I click on the image I want deleted but the whole gallery disappears except one random image. It does not matter which image I choose to delete, the same thing happens every time.

This has never happened before - please could you advise as to the solution.

RE: I18N Gallery - mvlcek - 2013-06-13

(2013-06-13, 01:13:51)chaos Wrote: I have a gallery that is working perfectly - the problem comes when I want to delete one image off that gallery. I click on the image I want deleted but the whole gallery disappears except one random image. It does not matter which image I choose to delete, the same thing happens every time.

This has never happened before - please could you advise as to the solution.

This might be a Javascript problem caused by another plugin. Do you get any errors?
Try disabling all other plugins. Does the problem still occur? Switch on the plugins one by one and check which causes the problem.

RE: I18N Gallery - chaos - 2013-06-13

Quote:This might be a Javascript problem caused by another plugin. Do you get any errors?
Try disabling all other plugins. Does the problem still occur? Switch on the plugins one by one and check which causes the problem.

Hi Mvlcek
Thanks for the prompt reply.
It was a plugin - SA Tags. Once deactivated, the gallery functioned as normal.

Thank you

RE: I18N Gallery - shawn_a - 2013-06-14

Wierd, I will test it out.

RE: I18N Gallery - Oleg06 - 2013-06-14

I have checked everything works fine Smile

Gallery does not even work for me, when i click add images I get a 500 error with latest version.

EDIT, the updater plugin set file perms to 775 and my host was blocking it.
sigh stupid crap always wastes your time.

Works fine for me too, in fact my plugin does not even work with the latest gallery plugin anymore due to the id changes and loadtab removal.

So no clue what versions but they aren't the latest ones

RE: I18N Gallery - Oleg06 - 2013-06-14

[Image: i9oAeTjBab4Bv.jpg]

it works with version 3.2.1
images are removed one at a time as well as the entire album

Oleg he means the integration on the gallery edit page.
Ill continue this on my plugin page if anyone wants to follow up. Sorry to sidetrack this.

RE: I18N Gallery - yegolebi - 2013-06-18

First of all thanks for great gallery!

I need a cycle gallery but without the surrounding frame.
Is it possible?
What should I modify?

RE: I18N Gallery - evan70 - 2013-06-18

(2013-06-18, 07:34:11)yegolebi Wrote: First of all thanks for great gallery!

Is it possible?
What should I modify?

Try WebDeveloper extention for Chrome or FFox > all you need is to change some /css files Wink

RE: I18N Gallery - chaos - 2013-06-19

(2013-06-18, 07:34:11)yegolebi Wrote: First of all thanks for great gallery!

Is it possible?
What should I modify?

@ Yegolebi
Why change. Personally I would stick with the I18N Gallery as it is very good!
If you want to get rid of the surrounding frame, you need to edit the following file:

plugins/i18n_gallery/plugin_cycle.php

and comment out lines 97 & 98

Code:
<style type="text/css">
      .gallery-cycle {
        /*padding: 3px;*/
        /*border: solid 1px #C7C7C7;*/
        position: relative;
      }
</style>

RE: I18N Gallery - mvlcek - 2013-06-19

(2013-06-19, 00:06:39)chaos Wrote: Why change. Personally I would stick with the I18N Gallery as it is very good!
If you want to get rid of the surrounding frame, you need to edit the following file:

plugins/i18n_gallery/plugin_cycle.php

and comment out lines 97 & 98

Code:
<style type="text/css">
      .gallery-cycle {
        /*padding: 3px;*/
        /*border: solid 1px #C7C7C7;*/
        position: relative;
      }
</style>

You better not change the plugin code, but rather add the following to your template's css file:
Code:
.gallery-cycle {
  padding: 0 !important;
  border: none 0 !important;
}
You can change any styling this way - just make sure that your rules are more specific (e.g. add body in front or add !important to the styles).

Crop position - peppermint - 2013-06-22

First of all: Thanks a lot for this great extension! Smile

In the global I18n Gallery settings I set the size of the preview images and activated cropping. The images really align nicely in the grid now as all of them have the same size.

In most cases the center crop looks good. However sometimes I would like to choose a different detail i.e. move the crop position because relevant parts of the image have been cropped.

I could create the correctly cropped thumbnails manually and overwrite the according image in data/thumbs. However I'm afraid the thumbnails will be recreated as soon as I change some gallery settings so that my manually created thumbnails will be overwritten soon.

IMHO it would be a great idea to add two more input fields to each image (besides title, tags and description): x-position-crop and y-position-crop (percentage values).
Default values would be 0, 0 which means center position. x=100 would move the crop area to the right. x=-100 would move it to the left, y=100 would move it to the top and y=-100 would move it to the bottom.

If you can give me some hints which parts of your plugin I'd have to modify to achieve this I can also try to implement it on my own.

Thanks a lot in advance!

RE: Crop position - mvlcek - 2013-06-24

(2013-06-22, 16:39:47)peppermint Wrote: In most cases the center crop looks good. However sometimes I would like to choose a different detail i.e. move the crop position because relevant parts of the image have been cropped.

IMHO it would be a great idea to add two more input fields to each image (besides title, tags and description): x-position-crop and y-position-crop (percentage values).
Default values would be 0, 0 which means center position. x=100 would move the crop area to the right. x=-100 would move it to the left, y=100 would move it to the top and y=-100 would move it to the bottom.

I'll see what can be done...