GetSimple Support Forum
I18N Gallery - Printable Version

+- GetSimple Support Forum (http://get-simple.info/forums)
+-- Forum: GetSimple (http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Plugins (http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: I18N Gallery (/showthread.php?tid=1662)

RE: I18N Gallery - MicroCAD - 2014-04-03

(2014-04-03, 02:59:05)mvlcek Wrote: What do you want to achieve? Dependent on the gallery type the title is put into the alt or title attribute of the images in the generated HTML or not used at all. What the types of gallery do with it is also different. So you might get a link if you put <a href="...">My title</a> into the title field or you might get the HTML verbatim. There is no automatic way to add links.

But maybe a solution is to use I18N Special Pages and I18N Search, add an image field to the special page type and use search to display a customized list of images and page titles with links?
I tried to put <a href="">title</a> into the title field and you're right, prettyphoto and fancybox both works exactly how I need. Before I've tried only using cycle (or S3slider). Do you think there's a way to edit the function to get the same results also in this type of galleries? I see that the description field in cycle gallery correctly read <a>

What I want to achieve is to spotlight some content into the homepage trough the gallery, something similar is used by adobe.com (they have buttons, I need just a link).

Thanks for the quickly reply!

RE: I18N Gallery - JmT - 2014-04-04

Hello folks,

I'm having a hard time understanding the concept of Image Control Panel.

Case A:
- I did a clean install of GetSimple,
- uploaded some pictures,
- inserted one to front page and
- created a new thumbnail for it.

"Thumbnail Saved"
No change in the page.

Case B:
- I did a clean install of GetSimple,
- installed i18n gallery plugin,
- uploaded some pictures,
- inserted one picture to front page and
- created a new thumbnail for it.

"Thumbnail Saved"
No change in the page.

There are no problems in health check at any point in either of above cases.

My questions:
What is the crop tool for, if the cropped thumbnail remains hidden?
What is the correct way of utilizing user created/modified thumbnails in the pages?

Pardon me for reposting. I've given this a lot of time before doing so.

RE: I18N Gallery - dustydog - 2014-04-05

Great Plugin, my second favorite (after the navigation plugin) ..... But .... I must agree with some others who have been trying to put a slideshow into a Responsive website. There is no option to do that with this plugin. I would really like to request that the Cycle slideshow be updated to the newer version Cycle2 which is responsive. I've tried to make the switch myself, but unfortunately don't know what I'm doing enough to do it.
Anyway, thanks for the great plugin .... but unfortunately it doesn't quite suit my needs.

Gallery migration - singha-cz - 2014-04-07

Hi,
I'm currently migrating a website form my PREVIEW server to customer's LIVE server. Of course I followed official instructions on migration, everything's gone well so far. But I struggle with the i18n gallery. Can't seem to make it work.

Neither images nor thumbnails are available on site, eventhough I checked all access rights (for both folder and files). Thumbnails don't show in the back-end Files list either.

Healthcheck shows no problems.

What could be the issue here, please? And/Or, if there's guidlines for gallery migration, please tell me where to find it.

http://www.zaka22.cz/dotacni-projekty/regenerace-sidliste-karvina-raj

RE: Gallery migration - singha-cz - 2014-04-07

(2014-04-07, 02:48:55)singha-cz Wrote: Hi,
I'm currently migrating a website form my PREVIEW server to customer's LIVE server. Of course I followed official instructions on migration, everything's gone well so far. But I struggle with the i18n gallery. Can't seem to make it work.

Neither images nor thumbnails are available on site, eventhough I checked all access rights (for both folder and files). Thumbnails don't show in the back-end Files list either.

Healthcheck shows no problems.

What could be the issue here, please? And/Or, if there's guidlines for gallery migration, please tell me where to find it.

http://www.zaka22.cz/dotacni-projekty/regenerace-sidliste-karvina-raj

I've already figured it out - the solution for me was to set chmod 755 to all subfolders in Uploads folder.

RE: I18N Gallery - xxdex - 2014-04-11

it's a possible to get one image (random image) from selected gallery?.. one random image when page is load... i think about random photo ? or one newest image from selected gallery??

mvlcek: Master of programming. What do you think about this functionality?

RE: I18N Gallery - mvlcek - 2014-04-11

(2014-04-11, 04:19:31)xxdex Wrote: it's a possible to get one image (random image) from selected gallery?.. one random image when page is load... i think about random photo ? or one newest image from selected gallery??

You can use (% gallerylink ... %) to show one random image linking to the gallery's page.
Or you can use (% gallery ... thumb=random %) to show only one thumbnail instead of all tumbnails. Clicking on this thumbnail will then open the gallery.

You can also combine this with tags=mytag to limit the thumb to an image with the given tag. With the (% gallerylink %) this would still link to the gallery with all images, whereas if used with (% gallery %) this would only show the appropriately tagged images in the gallery.

At last you can specify thumbwidth=... and thumbheight=... to overwrite the configured thumbnail size. This way the link would look less like a thumbnail, but more as a normal image.

See I18N Gallery and Links.

RE: I18N Gallery - nz50mw - 2014-04-11

(2012-10-09, 15:07:42)islander Wrote: I am trying to use "pagify" in my gallery, it is working, but displays a duplicate row of page numbers, and I dont know why.

Any one experience this?

Edit: it seem to be in FireFox, IE oddly enough seems to display correctly.

Possibly too late - I had the same problem which was resolved by turning off JQUERY in the gallery options and using a slightly more modern of jquery in the template.

<script src="<?php get_theme_url(); ?>/js/jquery-1.6.4.min.js"></script>

RE: I18N Gallery - Chemik582 - 2014-04-30

Hello, I am new here and i have been not so good in english.
I try to install i18n Gallery in PC that is not connected to internet. Everything goes well !
When I try to make a new gallery all starts OK, I fill parameters and give to some foto in gallery, but then I click on button "Save Gallery" and the next screen show me "Settings have been succesfully saved....." ! No gallery! I do not understand, please give me some tips what I have to try.
Thank you.

I attach some screen shots (I have the Czech version - sorry).
[attachment=391]
[attachment=392]
[attachment=393]

RE: I18N Gallery - Carlos - 2014-05-01

Not sure if it's related, but... if your site is offline you may want to disable loading of external scripts by having this in gsconfig.php :
Code:
define("GSNOCDN",true);

RE: I18N Gallery - Chemik582 - 2014-05-02

Thanks.
I try you tip but no effect.
Everything that seem to by i18n gallery I change permission to 777 - it have too no effect. Maybe I have something overlook. When you have another idea please write it here, I try it. Thank you.

RE: I18N Gallery - xxdex - 2014-05-06

i'm trying a load function: with php
get_i18n_gallery('galeria-firma', array('url'=>'my-gallery-slug', 'thumb'=>random, 'thumbwidth'=>200) )

to use a link to galleries
galeria-firma is name of gallery
random load image is working...
thumbwidth is working
but link to gallery page is not working (i dont want to open a new lightbox) i want to change destination link of image to a page with all gallery image

;(
can someone help how to do it ?

code:
PHP Code:
<?php 
get_i18n_gallery_header
('galeria-firma'); 
get_i18n_gallery('galeria-firma', array('url'=>'my-gallery-slug''thumb'=>random'thumbwidth'=>200) ); 
?>

im using a pretty photo gallery...

RE: I18N Gallery - mvlcek - 2014-05-06

(2014-05-06, 22:04:53)xxdex Wrote: i'm trying a load function: with php
get_i18n_gallery('galeria-firma', array('url'=>'my-gallery-slug', 'thumb'=>random, 'thumbwidth'=>200) )
but link to gallery page is not working (i dont want to open a new lightbox) i want to change destination link of image to a page with all gallery image

If you want a link, you should use get_i18n_gallery_link.

RE: I18N Gallery - xxdex - 2014-05-06

Knowledge is golden
thank You mvlcek !!!

RE: I18N Gallery - stormstudios - 2014-05-14

I started with GetSimple 2.6 years ago and onward and have had this Gallery plug-in. One of my updates broke the gallery.

I have tried for one year to figure this gallery plug-in out and I have removed (or thought I removed and deleted everything) and still I can't get this to work. I have tried all this fixing multiple times over the year and have given up and beg mercy on the forum. THere's an old remnant of something breaking everything.

I am on the LATEST GET-SIMPLE and have completely installed the LATEST I18N GALLERY plug-in. I have followed all instructions. I even tried adding the Cookies site wide hack (which it says should not be necessary) and I have tried to remove phantom old folders in my backups and data plugins folders.

PLEASE HELP me get this to work. I have FTPed everything to 0755 including contents. I can't even save a gallery by name and I get 'Forbidden' when I try to add an image. Even if I don't add an image I can't even save a gallery by name.

RE: I18N Gallery - mvlcek - 2014-05-14

(2014-05-14, 02:26:29)stormstudios Wrote: I am on the LATEST GET-SIMPLE and have completely installed the LATEST I18N GALLERY plug-in. I have followed all instructions. I even tried adding the Cookies site wide hack (which it says should not be necessary) and I have tried to remove phantom old folders in my backups and data plugins folders.

PLEASE HELP me get this to work. I have FTPed everything to 0755 including contents. I can't even save a gallery by name and I get 'Forbidden' when I try to add an image. Even if I don't add an image I can't even save a gallery by name.

Do you have a directory /data/i18n_gallery? If not, create it and make it read/writeable for PHP.
Make sure that /data/thumbs is also read/writeable by PHP.

RE: I18N Gallery - sweetcell - 2014-05-15

I have a fresh new install of get simple latest version and the latest copy of the I18n Gallery and I can get the gallery to add the photos to the page only with the PHP code added to my template the short codes won't work. My problem however is that none of the light box effects are working. I'm using FancyBox and I only get the images then when clicked they open as a link to the image in the same tab.

I've tried disabling java in the settings and adding it back in. I have the get header and php header code added to my template page but I'm not sure what i'm missing.

timbuild1.com/inflatable-bouncers

Any help would be appreciated.

RE: I18N Gallery - Oleg06 - 2014-05-16

gallery does not work because below jQuery loaded twice
Code:
<script type="text/javascript" src="engine1/jquery.js"></script>
    <!-- End WOWSlider.com HEAD section -->
        <!-- Start WOWSlider.com HEAD section -->
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="engine2/style.css" />
    <script type="text/javascript" src="engine2/jquery.js"></script>

RE: I18N Gallery - stormstudios - 2014-05-16

FINAL EDIT:

I blew up my entire site and lost all my content trying to get this to work. I have started from scratch and the gallery works again. I have to rebuild the site. The gallery is great but there was some remnant on the server from a past version messing something up.

---
Thanks for the help and guidance. I appreciate it more than you know. It is an amazing gallery and worked beautifully in years past.

With my current problem, still no resolution. I CHMODed 777 for the data/gallery and the data/thumbs folders. Still no success. I set '777' to the entire data folder and again no success.

Does it come down to something whereby the images uploaded in a previous version of the gallery and CMS have caused issues? I'm using FireFTP in Firefox as my FTP client and I assume CHMOD is successful.

Confusedhrug:

edit:
I tried removing the data/i18n_gallery completely and then re-making it, but it says the folder is not empty. Yet when I look inside there is no file. My assumption is maybe there's an old .htaccess file causing this issue? God I wish I was more technical for this stuff.

note:
Everything works fine on my localhost test server with all new installs of both GS and the Gallery.

edit edit:
I used TextWrangler and there is an .htaccess file there that says "Deny from all' - I never put that there.
I removed an .htaccess from /plugins/ and that messed everything up. I put it back and back to normal.

Man I've tried everything.

(2014-05-14, 04:33:56)mvlcek Wrote:
(2014-05-14, 02:26:29)stormstudios Wrote: I am on the LATEST GET-SIMPLE and have completely installed the LATEST I18N GALLERY plug-in. I have followed all instructions. I even tried adding the Cookies site wide hack (which it says should not be necessary) and I have tried to remove phantom old folders in my backups and data plugins folders.

Do you have a directory /data/i18n_gallery? If not, create it and make it read/writeable for PHP.
Make sure that /data/thumbs is also read/writeable by PHP.

RE: I18N Gallery - sweetcell - 2014-05-18

(2014-05-16, 01:28:52)Oleg06 Wrote: gallery does not work because below jQuery loaded twice
Code:
<script type="text/javascript" src="engine1/jquery.js"></script>
    <!-- End WOWSlider.com HEAD section -->
        <!-- Start WOWSlider.com HEAD section -->
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="engine2/style.css" />
    <script type="text/javascript" src="engine2/jquery.js"></script>

Hi Thanks for pointing me on the correct path.

For anyone having trouble with the pop up and light box effects working and having other javascript on the page what I've figured out is the call to header and call for the gallery header needs to be the last two lines of the head. When I did the gallery worked and all the other elements on the page using javascript worked.

RE: I18N Gallery - stormstudios - 2014-05-31

RE: Responsive overrides to CSS.

I'm using the s3Slider option for a galley in the template and it works just fine. The problem is I seem to be unable to override the fixed size aspects of it.

Has anyone got some CSS overrides working to remove the forced size coding in this plug-in?

RE: I18N Gallery - stormstudios - 2014-06-03

Another slight issue....
I'm getting a little 'jump' between load and final display. I'm guessing some of my CSS positioning / margins are causing the jump but can anyone identify the relationships in CSS for me of why and how to fix it?

http://www.u2station.ca/index.php?id=photos

All I have in a responsive site is the container of 110% width.
And the <section> tag with a padding of 80px and the gallery is inside an <article> with no padding or margin.

I treat each 'page' as an article.

Thanks.

RE: I18N Gallery - mvlcek - 2014-06-04

(2014-06-03, 23:59:16)stormstudios Wrote: I'm using the s3Slider option for a galley in the template and it works just fine. The problem is I seem to be unable to override the fixed size aspects of it.

You could set check "Do not include CSS" in the I18N Gallery settings (all galleries) or disable it for a single gallery with e.g. (% gallery name=mygallery css=0 %)

(2014-06-03, 23:59:16)stormstudios Wrote: Another slight issue....
I'm getting a little 'jump' between load and final display. I'm guessing some of my CSS positioning / margins are causing the jump but can anyone identify the relationships in CSS for me of why and how to fix it?

This is caused by box-sizing: border-box in boilerplate.css.

RE: I18N Gallery - pepo-pj - 2014-06-07

Hello I need help with my website http://wellnesspark.sk/#Get I'm using I18N Gallery in my template I can see images but when I click on some picture there is no effect ( it opens in new window Sad ) can you help me with that problem ? Thank you

RE: I18N Gallery - katya - 2014-06-11

Hi folks, I'm afraid I'm a little out of my depth with jquery conflicts. I have a responsive theme that I'm using and the gallery won't display correctly with or without css/jquery in the settings, and when I edited the template to call the script from the header it *almost* fixed it, but the loading image showed and the site got stuck on it. I'd be really grateful if someone could advise me. I don't think the sitewide cookies thing is relevant to 3.3.2? I changed the images/thumbs folders to 777 already. So sorry for asking something that's probably me making a rookie mistake.

http://servingsuggestion.co.uk/test/index.php?id=about