GetSimple Support Forum
Simplico Thema - Printable Version

+- GetSimple Support Forum (http://get-simple.info/forums)
+-- Forum: GetSimple (http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Themes (http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Simplico Thema (/showthread.php?tid=2991)

Simplico Thema - Makk - 2012-03-26

Hi, everyone I just added my first free template for the get-simple called - Simplico.

Hope You like it.

This is my first free stuff that I'm giving away so if You have comment that can help to better up my work I'm open to read it.
More templates will come in some period of time with design for Law, Charity etc..

To see the template in action visit: http://template.mdesigns.pl/gs/simplico/.
Description and support: http://template.mdesigns.pl/gs/simplico/index.php?id=support

Simplico Thema - yojoe - 2012-03-26

Should horizontal menu take two lines instead of one ?

Simplico Thema - Zegnåt - 2012-03-26

yojoe Wrote:Should horizontal menu take two lines instead of one?
The menu does fit on a single line, but only when the @font-face (Wire One, from Google Web Fonts) loads. There is little you can do about the fallbacks. I think some services use JavaScript to allow you to give a different styling to your text if the external font has loaded but support is a bit flaky. (I also do not remember where I saw it…)

As always with websites that offer a horizontal menu and no vertical menu you’ll just have to think about the screen estate.

Simplico Thema - yojoe - 2012-04-04

Ahh didn't look at the demo page using other browser.
Noscript does its job, but this time failed :/

But that doesn't mean there shouldn't be a fallback.
Simple overflow:hidden should do the job, assuming this theme supports only flat menu.

Simplico Thema - Makk - 2012-04-07

Hi,

the menu is only horizontal if you wont to make changes into the font of the menu just go:
.nav li a

Simplico Thema - eisendrath - 2012-04-10

Hello, thanks for your template. I want to use it, but I don't "get it" how I can have it look like your demopage. I have a local installation on Mamp 2.0.5 (GS 3.1). I know how to change the picture in the image folder, but how do I get "right" and "left" working/edit it? I also do not see the social bookmark logos on my page?

Simplico Thema - Makk - 2012-04-10

eisendrath Wrote:Hello, thanks for your template. I want to use it, but I don't "get it" how I can have it look like your demopage. I have a local installation on Mamp 2.0.5 (GS 3.1). I know how to change the picture in the image folder, but how do I get "right" and "left" working/edit it? I also do not see the social bookmark logos on my page?

Hi,

To add things to the right sidebar just go Thema -> Edit Components.

1. If You use my "FrontPage" file You have to add component fright, if the not just add soem thing in sidebar component.

2. If you don't add the social links in the admin panel they should not be see.

Simplico Thema - eisendrath - 2012-04-10

Makk Wrote:1. If You use my "FrontPage" file You have to add component fright, if the not just add soem thing in sidebar component.

Hello Makk,

many thanks for your reply. It worked, many thanks. I found out, where to go and change/add these files. I was not sure, do I have to write it into each of the .pho-files (I'm not good with php :-) ) But now I understand.

Many thanks!

Simplico Thema - focoves - 2012-04-10

Hi Makk !
love your theme !! thanks !!
I am testing GS31 with SIMPLICO and found something weird when working together with i18n GALLERI (v1.8 latest). When using a thumbnaill gallery of 2 or more rows, if I put the mouse over a thumb, it moves to the right thumbs of the next row... Seams to be a CSS propertie of the theme, because it doesn't happends with INNOVATION or CARDINAL default themes.
any idea?
thanks again !

eisendrath Wrote:
Makk Wrote:1. If You use my "FrontPage" file You have to add component fright, if the not just add soem thing in sidebar component.

Hello Makk,

many thanks for your reply. It worked, many thanks. I found out, where to go and change/add these files. I was not sure, do I have to write it into each of the .pho-files (I'm not good with php :-) ) But now I understand.

Many thanks!

No problem, I happy that You like and use the template.

focoves Wrote:Hi Makk !
I am testing GS31 with SIMPLICO and found something weird when working together with i18n GALLERI (v1.8 latest). When using a thumbnaill gallery of 2 or more rows, if I put the mouse over a thumb, it moves to the right thumbs of the next row... Seams to be a CSS propertie of the theme, because it doesn't happends with INNOVATION or CARDINAL default themes.
any idea?
thanks again !

Hi, hmmmm.... hard to say without looking at the work.

Do You have the page on-line where I can look at an see the problem?

Simplico Thema - n00dles101 - 2012-04-11

when installing the theme on a blank GS install, the default page <pre> and <code> blocks don't look quiet right, suggest you change lines 167 to

Code:
article code {
          white-space: pre;
          white-space: pre-wrap;
          white-space: pre-line;
          word-wrap: break-word;
          font-family: monospace;
          line-height: 17px;
          margin: 5px 0 15px 0;
          color: #888;
    }
    article pre {
          padding: 15px 20px 15px 20px;
          border: 1px dotted #888;
    }

otherwise looks great....

Simplico Thema - Makk - 2012-04-17

n00dles101 Wrote:when installing the theme on a blank GS install, the default page <pre> and <code> blocks don't look quiet right, suggest you change lines 167 to

Code:
article code {
    }
    article pre {
          padding: 15px 20px 15px 20px;
          border: 1px dotted #888;
    }

otherwise looks great....

Thanks Smile

Simplico Thema - focoves - 2012-05-15

rawe
Makk Wrote:
focoves Wrote:Hi Makk !
any idea?
thanks again !

Hi, hmmmm.... hard to say without looking at the work.

Do You have the page on-line where I can look at an see the problem?

hey makk, thanks for replyed.. sorry the proyect was on localhost.
still LOVE your theme, so, if you can help me with this CSS problem..

---->>> SOLVED ! ***
edit theme/simplico/css/styles.css row#135 add:
/* xxx fix hover thumbnail into gallery divs */
article div.gallery a:hover {border-bottom: 0px;}

this is because #134 : article a:hover {color: #888; border-bottom: 1px dotted #888;}
give a botton border to ANY href inside of ARTICLE, making a weir efect when using galleries

thanks to Martin for giding me to find the problem

RE: Simplico Thema - JYoda - 2012-11-01

I just downloaded the theme and noticed that the background behind the caption was not appearing like it does in your demo. I looked at the css for it and found this:

Code:
.baner .caption {
        position: absolute;
        left: 45px;
        background: url(../images/fadeBg.png) 0 0;
        bottom: 45px;
        width: 300px;
        color: #f9f9f9;
}

Problem is, the name of the png in the downloaded package is fade.png. I copied fade.png to fadeBg.png and it started working.

RE: Simplico Thema - lakechicago - 2013-02-09

Hi. How do I implement the contact page?

Don