GetSimple Support Forum
GetSimple Forums Hacked - Upgraded - Printable Version

+- GetSimple Support Forum (http://get-simple.info/forums)
+-- Forum: GetSimple (http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Announcements (http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: GetSimple Forums Hacked - Upgraded (/showthread.php?tid=3184)

GetSimple Forums Hacked - Upgraded - ccagle8 - 2012-05-13

The hacking attempts on get-simple.info have been coming from an older version of the PunBB software (about 90% sure).

I've upgraded the forums to the latest version. Please post here if you see something that inst working properly because of the upgrade. Thanks!

One other thing of note: Extend and the Wiki both use the Forum's authentication... so watch out for oddities there too.

GetSimple Forums Hacked - Upgraded - Nokes - 2012-05-13

Ouh that is not good. I have checked now my files and profil, there is all ok =)

GetSimple Forums Hacked - Upgraded - Connie - 2012-05-13

I am glad it seems to be stopped now!

Connie Wrote:I am glad it seems to be stopped now!
I surely hope so...

GetSimple Forums Hacked - Upgraded - m1k3y - 2012-05-14

Just tried to open the Website with Opera and I get a Security warning of AVG (i dont even have it installed) with "This website contains harmful content...."

Just wanted to inform you, but this is kind of shocking to users seeing the site for the first time..
Of course i reported this as failure to avg

GetSimple Forums Hacked - Upgraded - mvlcek - 2012-05-14

ccagle8 Wrote:I've upgraded the forums to the latest version. Please post here if you see something that inst working properly because of the upgrade. Thanks!

@ccagle8: Please enable the button bar on posts/replies again.

GetSimple Forums Hacked - Upgraded - ccagle8 - 2012-05-14

thanks mvlcek - i didnt see that it needed upgraded too. I added them back - albeit the new version of them are pretty ugly.

GetSimple Forums Hacked - Upgraded - ccagle8 - 2012-05-14

Connie - this new upgrade doesn't really seem to be stemming the Spam posts does it?

GetSimple Forums Hacked - Upgraded - mvlcek - 2012-05-14

ccagle8 Wrote:thanks mvlcek - i didnt see that it needed upgraded too. I added them back - albeit the new version of them are pretty ugly.

That wouldn't really matter, if they worked...

I suppose that there's something missing (JS error "PUNBB is not defined").

GetSimple Forums Hacked - Upgraded - shawn_a - 2012-05-15

mvlcek Wrote:
ccagle8 Wrote:thanks mvlcek - i didnt see that it needed upgraded too. I added them back - albeit the new version of them are pretty ugly.

That wouldn't really matter, if they worked...

I suppose that there's something missing (JS error "PUNBB is not defined").

ughhhhhhhh
amazing how jarring a small interface appearance change can be, when you use something daily.

GetSimple Forums Hacked - Upgraded - hameau - 2012-05-17

Iceweasel (Firefox) v.12 will not longer remember nor auto-fill login details. This happened once before – exactly the same symptoms and I've tried the same possible resolutions, with no success.

GetSimple Forums Hacked - Upgraded - sal - 2012-05-28

Did the punbb.common.min.js script go MIA during the upgrade? You get PUNBB is not defined errors now if you try to use the formatting buttons when replying.

GetSimple Forums Hacked - Upgraded - ccagle8 - 2012-05-28

sal - I just added that script back in and now there are more errors. This forum software is a piece of crap.

GetSimple Forums Hacked - Upgraded - sal - 2012-05-29

Odd, I'm not sure whats happening but it's a little bit shot in that department. Also, your copy of that script is here.

One other thing you might want to do to discourage spammers is rel="nofollow"-ing links in posts and signatures, somehow.

GetSimple Forums Hacked - Upgraded - yojoe - 2012-05-30

simple as is:
Quote:PUNBB.pun_bbcode.insert_text('
Quote:','
')
Unhandled Error: Cannot convert 'PUNBB.pun_bbcode' to object

CC: did you look at the antispam script for punbb I've linked to ?

GetSimple Forums Hacked - Upgraded - ccagle8 - 2012-06-07

yojoe - what does that script do? I didnt see any antispam post. Can you post it here? sorry..

GetSimple Forums Hacked - Upgraded - yojoe - 2012-06-07

ccagle8 Wrote:yojoe - what does that script do? I didnt see any antispam post. Can you post it here? sorry..
I've send a notification while sending some repports.
And afair this plugin was proposed some time ago, but there were problems with it.
But fancy stop spam was updated, and judging by comments it seems to do its job.
http://punbb.informer.com/forums/post/144686/#p144686

the question is if all recent spam post were posted by spambots/spamscripts or by a living "creature".

GetSimple Forums Hacked - Upgraded - Beluga - 2012-06-07

yojoe Wrote:the question is if all recent spam post were posted by spambots/spamscripts or by a living "creature".

It doesn't matter, StopForumSpam is a blacklist so even human spammers get added.