GetSimple Support Forum
HAVING ISSUES ON GET-SIMPLE.INFO? - Printable Version

+- GetSimple Support Forum (http://get-simple.info/forums)
+-- Forum: GetSimple (http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Announcements (http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: HAVING ISSUES ON GET-SIMPLE.INFO? (/showthread.php?tid=3606)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

HAVING ISSUES ON GET-SIMPLE.INFO? - shovenose - 2012-09-26

Hello, we're still working on repairing a few issues after some significant changes made to the hosting infrastructure of get-simple.info. As such, there are some things we are aware are broken. Please post any bugs we haven't noticed, in this thread. I want to keep everything in the same place, and the other thread got confusing and mixed up.
KNOWN ISSUES
-Extend down due to forum software migration
-Forum user permissions problems

HAVING ISSUES ON GET-SIMPLE.INFO? - ccagle8 - 2012-09-26

Thanks for all your hard work in getting these issues resolved. Much appreciated Michel!

HAVING ISSUES ON GET-SIMPLE.INFO? - shawn_a - 2012-09-26

You can add the pun stop bots loop, some users have to enter 6 or more answers to get a post.
This seems to happen most when switching ips, say when i go home and post in my ipad for example, the
problem always occurs.

The new bot question isn't helping, please remove it until this is fixed, it just one more thing to have to answer, at least we are used to the apple green 3 4 thing.

I have disabled the stupid spam questions so you shouldn't be getting them anymore. Do you still?

HAVING ISSUES ON GET-SIMPLE.INFO? - JWH_Matthew - 2012-09-26

shawn_a please check your PM.

HAVING ISSUES ON GET-SIMPLE.INFO? - mvlcek - 2012-09-26

Would be nice, if the 60 seconds delay between reporting spams could be removed/reduced, too.

Other thing I noticed: links to users and user search are missing now - I used the links to
  • see the user's post history to determine if he is a spammer or not, if this was not totally clear from a post
  • to find another user's specific post, when I just knew he posted something similar, but not in which thread

Additionally the 30 seconds between searches should be removed - I hate it if I have to wait to execute a modified search.

ad showing read posts:
logging out/in would be an option, if firefox filled in user name and password automatically.
Sadly this is prevented somehow since some months ago (it worked before).

HAVING ISSUES ON GET-SIMPLE.INFO? - Carlos - 2012-09-26

When logged in the forum, time is not correct (by 6 hours). I don't see the real dates of posts.

My local time is UTC+2, and I've had to adjust it to UTC+8 in my user profile settings to have the correct time.

Is it only me?

Carlos Wrote:When logged in the forum, time is not correct (by 6 hours). I don't see the real dates of posts.

My local time is UTC+2, and I've had to adjust it to UTC+8 in my user profile settings to have the correct time.

Is it only me?

Same for me, but seems to be 7 hours difference.

When editing a wiki entry (with quotes) I get an error message:

DokuWiki Setup Error

Sorry the punbb auth backend requires the PHP option magic_quotes_gpc to be disabled for proper operation. Either setup your PHP install accordingly or choose a different auth backend.

mvlcek Wrote:When editing a wiki entry (with quotes) I get an error message:

DokuWiki Setup Error

Sorry the punbb auth backend requires the PHP option magic_quotes_gpc to be disabled for proper operation. Either setup your PHP install accordingly or choose a different auth backend.

PHP Magic Quotes is already disabled. However, the CSRF issue is still occuring.

mvlcek Wrote:Would be nice, if the 60 seconds delay between reporting spams could be removed/reduced, too.

Other thing I noticed: links to users and user search are missing now - I used the links to
  • see the user's post history to determine if he is a spammer or not, if this was not totally clear from a post
  • to find another user's specific post, when I just knew he posted something similar, but not in which thread

Additionally the 30 seconds between searches should be removed - I hate it if I have to wait to execute a modified search.

yeah i thought this as well, but couldnt even find a link to profiles. i thought i imagined it.

Please clarify the issues you are having with not having a profile? For example, I click on Shawn's username I get http://get-simple.info/forum/user/7313/

Usernames are not links, perhaps they are only for administrators.

I hate punbb lol

HAVING ISSUES ON GET-SIMPLE.INFO? - datiswous - 2012-09-27

mvlcek Wrote:Other thing I noticed: links to users and user search are missing now - I used the links to

The weird thing is, you can click on a user and see info etc. when you're not logged in. see attachment.

Should be the other way around.. Probably a wrong setting?

HAVING ISSUES ON GET-SIMPLE.INFO? - JWH_Matthew - 2012-09-27

Shovenose do you have any suggestions for a new system?

HAVING ISSUES ON GET-SIMPLE.INFO? - shovenose - 2012-09-27

1. I'll check if the permissions are messed up accidentally.
2. I would prefer mybb but this punbb is already fully customized.

HAVING ISSUES ON GET-SIMPLE.INFO? - JWH_Matthew - 2012-09-27

Doesn't mean we can't convert to mybb.

If its a good improvement then it's worth discussing.

HAVING ISSUES ON GET-SIMPLE.INFO? - datiswous - 2012-09-27

JWH_Matthew Wrote:Shovenose do you have any suggestions for a new system?

I know http://vanillaforums.org/ got mentioned before here:

http://get-simple.info/forum/topic/2199/attention-i-removed-all-0-post-users-from-this-forum/

Maybe http://bbpress.org/

HAVING ISSUES ON GET-SIMPLE.INFO? - shovenose - 2012-09-27

Definitely not bbpress!!! Vanilla is also worth looking into more, maybe I'll make a test folder somewhere we can see what we like.

HAVING ISSUES ON GET-SIMPLE.INFO? - mvlcek - 2012-09-28

Extend:
It takes quite long again (at least more than a few minutes) until Extend updates the overview and details pages. I released a new version of a plugin, added it to Extend, wrote a post about the release and even after that Extend still showed the old version number (but the download was the new version).

Also during the migration the dates of the historic plugin versions got messed up - now they are always Sept. 23rd 2012.

GetSimple
is currently very slow...

HAVING ISSUES ON GET-SIMPLE.INFO? - JWH_Matthew - 2012-09-28

If I remember correctly the Extend is cached.

I am not sure how he has the cache configured, but we may be able to force update it or something as soon as it's saved.

I'll look into this.

Not sure what to think about the speed issue, seems faster to me.

HAVING ISSUES ON GET-SIMPLE.INFO? - shawn_a - 2012-09-28

Just tried looking through the wiki, was very slow.
1.7 seconds just waiting for responses.

HAVING ISSUES ON GET-SIMPLE.INFO? - ccagle8 - 2012-09-28

i dont see an issue with the speed of the site... I am surprised that the extend issue has come back though... i dont know how switching hosts would have done that.