GetSimple Support Forum
News Manager (updated) - Printable Version

+- GetSimple Support Forum (http://get-simple.info/forums)
+-- Forum: GetSimple (http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Plugins (http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: News Manager (updated) (/showthread.php?tid=3972)

RE: News Manager (updated) - Carlos - 2016-09-18

The example in the wiki was missing a comma. Try with this one:

Code:
define('GSEDITORTOOL',"['Source','Save','Cut','Copy','Paste','PasteFromWord','-','Undo','Redo','Find','Replace','-','SelectAll','-','RemoveFormat','-','Outdent','Indent','-','Blockquote','CreateDiv'],['Bold', 'Italic', 'Underline','Strike','Subscript','Superscript', 'NumberedList','BulletedList','JustifyLeft','JustifyCenter','JustifyRight','JustifyBlock', 'Table', 'TextColor', 'BGColor', 'Link','Unlink', 'Image'],'/',['Styles','Format','Font','FontSize','Flash','HorizontalRule','Smiley','SpecialChar','PageBreak','Iframe','Maximize','ShowBlocks','-','About']");

(I've just corrected that in the wiki.)

I don't know why this affects NM but not GS. I have to check that.

RE: News Manager (updated) - Riianna - 2016-09-18

How about adding youtube video field to post options?. Same way like now we can add image to post from post options, but adding youtube video. And on demand, like video loads only when youtube video image is clicket.
Now im using this labanol.org hassle Big Grin.

Also, is there a way to get post image?. I mean if i add image to news text and dont use post option add images?.

RE: News Manager (updated) - newdeepdan - 2016-09-25

I've enabled Fancy URLs on News Manager and edited the HTACCESS file. Browser wise, it is working, however when I'm checking Google Webmaster Tools, it's showing up 404 errors for posts, tags, search, archives. Once I disabled Fancy URLs for News Manager the errors are gone.

I have Fancy URLs on for the website, no problems there, no 404 errors.

Anyone having this issue?

RE: News Manager (updated) - bobbiescap - 2016-09-25

(2016-09-18, 05:57:30)Carlos Wrote: The example in the wiki was missing a comma. Try with this one:

Code:
define('GSEDITORTOOL',"['Source','Save','Cut','Copy','Paste','PasteFromWord','-','Undo','Redo','Find','Replace','-','SelectAll','-','RemoveFormat','-','Outdent','Indent','-','Blockquote','CreateDiv'],['Bold', 'Italic', 'Underline','Strike','Subscript','Superscript', 'NumberedList','BulletedList','JustifyLeft','JustifyCenter','JustifyRight','JustifyBlock', 'Table', 'TextColor', 'BGColor', 'Link','Unlink', 'Image'],'/',['Styles','Format','Font','FontSize','Flash','HorizontalRule','Smiley','SpecialChar','PageBreak','Iframe','Maximize','ShowBlocks','-','About']");

(I've just corrected that in the wiki.)

I don't know why this affects NM but not GS. I have to check that.

Works a treat now thanks and you have helped me with troubleshooting skills. I'm sure this is why other plugins I have tried do not work. Sincerely appreciated  Big Grin

RE: News Manager (updated) - Carlos - 2016-09-26

@newdeepdan

Can you send me by PM a link to your site?
Also paste the whole contents of your .htaccess file.

RE: News Manager (updated) - Carlos - 2016-09-29

@Riianna

- Title excerpts will be supported in the next NM Addons release.

- Sorry, no video field is planned for now. Something like that could be done when support for post custom fields is added, but I'm afraid it will not be in the short term. Perhaps you can do what you need with rich excerpts (more 1 custom setting and <hr> separator)

- As for getting the post image: do you mean that the first image found in the post content is used as featured image instead of selecting it? I'll think about this.

RE: News Manager (updated) - Riianna - 2016-09-29

(2016-09-29, 02:28:25)Carlos Wrote: @Riianna

- Title excerpts will be supported in the next NM Addons release.

- Sorry, no video field is planned for now. Something like that could be done when support for post custom fields is added, but I'm afraid it will not be in the short term. Perhaps you can do what you need with rich excerpts (more 1 custom setting and <hr> separator)

- As for getting the post image: do you mean that the first image found in the post content is used as featured image instead of selecting it? I'll think about this.

Yes, exactly that i mean, first image found in the post content.

RE: News Manager (updated) - sidotij - 2016-10-02

Hi Carlos,

how would I create a page just for the news archive?
in other words...
rather than have <?php nm_list_archives(); ?> in the sidebar
have it as a standalone page

Thanks
John

RE: News Manager (updated) - Carlos - 2016-10-02

You can do it with the Dynpages plugin, or with a template snippet. See here:
http://get-simple.info/forums/showthread.php?tid=3972&pid=44468#pid44468

RE: News Manager (updated) - mgorey - 2016-10-02

The Innovation theme includes a navigation menu on pages. This code appears in the header file:

<!-- breadcrumbs: only show when NOT on homepage -->

<p class="breadcrumbs" >
<span class="wrapper">
<?php Innovation_Parent_Link(get_parent(FALSE)); ?> <b><?php get_page_clean_title(); ?></b>
</span>
</p>

How can I get this to show in News Manager posts?

RE: News Manager (updated) - Carlos - 2016-10-02

To show the post title instead of the news page title, just replace <?php get_page_clean_title(); ?> by:
<?php nm_post_title() or get_page_clean_title(); ?>

But if you prefer to keep the link to the news page in any news page (posts, archives, etc.) except for the news home, replace the whole code you posted by:

Code:
        <!-- breadcrumbs: only show when NOT on homepage -->
        <p class="breadcrumbs" >
            <span class="wrapper">
        <?php Innovation_Parent_Link(get_parent(FALSE)); ?> <?php if (nm_is_site() && !nm_is_home()) { ?>
        <a href="<?php get_page_url(); ?>"><?php get_page_clean_title(); ?></a>
        <?php if (nm_is_single()) { nm_post_title('&nbsp;&nbsp;•&nbsp;&nbsp;'); } ?>
        <?php } else { ?>
        <b><?php get_page_clean_title(); ?></b>
        <?php } ?>
            </span>
        </p>

RE: News Manager (updated) - sidotij - 2016-10-03

(2016-10-02, 17:00:28)Carlos Wrote: You can do it with the Dynpages plugin, or with a template snippet. See here:
http://get-simple.info/forums/showthread.php?tid=3972&pid=44468#pid44468

perfect thank you!!

RE: News Manager (updated) - Carlos - 2016-10-08

News Manager 3.4 available for download in Extend

Changes (note this if upgrading):
- dropped support for GetSimple 3.0
- NM2COMPAT gsconfig setting is no longer supported
- number of items displayed in numbered page navigation is limited to a maximum of 7 (by default, customizable) (@Oleg06)

New:
- gsconfig setting NMDEFAULTEXCLUDETAGS to hide posts having certain tags from non-tag pages (@davetest)
- several new custom settings for customizing the number of items and ellpisis in numbered navigation
- added support for PHP date() format (besides strfime) (@Hypertexter)

Fixes:
- breakWords 1 setting was ignored by function nm_post_excerpt

More information here

RE: News Manager (updated) - kefisos - 2016-10-18

Hi,
Is it possible to specify page template for displaying full post content?
What I want to achieve is to have social bar displayed only on pages with posts.
Any help will be appreciated.
Regards

RE: News Manager (updated) - Carlos - 2016-10-18

To use a specific template only for single/full post pages, enable NM Custom settings and enter:
Code:
single templateFile template2.php
where template2.php is your alternative template.

RE: News Manager (updated) - kefisos - 2016-10-19

(2016-10-18, 05:47:00)Carlos Wrote: To use a specific template only for single/full post pages, enable NM Custom settings and enter:

Code:
single templateFile template2.php
where template2.php is your alternative template.

Thanks for your help Carlos. You've done great job so far.

RE: News Manager (updated) - kefisos - 2016-10-19

Hi again,
I've got one more question. Is it possible in current release of NM to count each view of news, or maybe there is some plugin to show most popular posts in sidebar?

RE: News Manager (updated) - shelest7 - 2016-10-19

Hello, Carlos!

Tell me pls, is it possible to set the display of the news in order not from the last to the first, and in reverse order?

RE: News Manager (updated) - sidotij - 2016-10-20

Hi Carlos,

do you have plans to add a categories option for News Manager?
I really like this plugin and want to use it on a site that uses news/blog categories

Thank you
John

RE: News Manager (updated) - Oleg06 - 2016-10-20

you can use tags as a category http://getsimple.business-website.ru/novosti/

RE: News Manager (updated) - lysy2708 - 2016-10-21

Hi, I have question is there a way to make posts page to display content from page editor above posts list?

RE: News Manager (updated) - morvy - 2016-10-25

@lysy2708 I don't think it's possible if you mean admin area. You can have New Post link with plugin and Newsmanager tab in top row (supports multiuser permissions as well)

@Carlos, is it possible to combine old tag list with new one ? I mean in old one, there was a class for most frequent tags so I could style them with bigger font for example. In new tag list function there is possibility to make tag active and show count but it would be cool to have tag list with active class + frequent tags

RE: News Manager (updated) - Carlos - 2016-10-26

(2016-10-19, 19:12:37)shelest7 Wrote: Tell me pls, is it possible to set the display of the news in order not from the last to the first, and in reverse order?

This might work: edit news_manager/inc/site.php, find function nm_get_posts and just before the last return $posts; line (near the end of the function), insert this:
Code:
$posts = array_reverse($posts);

RE: News Manager (updated) - Carlos - 2016-10-26

(2016-10-21, 01:58:16)lysy2708 Wrote: Hi, I have question is there a way to make posts page to display content from page editor above posts list?

I hope I have understood what you need.

Edit your template and insert this:

Code:
<?php if (nm_is_home()) getPageContent(return_page_slug()); ?>

...just before the <?php get_page_content(); ?> line.

If you want to display the news page content also on secondary pages, archives, tag pages, etc., change nm_is_home by nm_is_site (or nm_is_main only for pages 1, 2, 3... but not for tags, archives...)

RE: News Manager (updated) - Carlos - 2016-10-27

(2016-10-25, 16:52:24)morvy Wrote: @Carlos, is it possible to combine old tag list with new one ? I mean in old one, there was a class for most frequent tags so I could style them with bigger font for example. In new tag list function there is possibility to make tag active and show count but it would be cool to have tag list with active class + frequent tags

I had in mind to improve the tag cloud (with multiple classes and/or font sizes), perhaps with a new function.
But I may do it with nm_tag_list() as you suggest.