GetSimple Support Forum
Quality assurance testing and CUTTING EDGE - Printable Version

+- GetSimple Support Forum (http://get-simple.info/forums)
+-- Forum: GetSimple (http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Announcements (http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: Quality assurance testing and CUTTING EDGE (/showthread.php?tid=4475)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Quality assurance testing and CUTTING EDGE - shawn_a - 2018-04-23

Ok fixed that log_name error thanks

RE: Quality assurance testing and CUTTING EDGE - Oleg06 - 2018-04-23

autosave is triggered after a few seconds, but the folder autosave is empty

Sounds like a permissions error

RE: Quality assurance testing and CUTTING EDGE - SoHo22 - 2018-04-23

Hi there,
I tested GetSimple 3.4 Alpha now. It´s installed on a server with php 7.1. Very smooth installing, no problems.
DE_de language file is installed but doesn´t show up. Admin is still in English.
I added i18n, i18n custom fields and i18n gallery - here I had a problem to save the first gallery. When I click on "add picutures" the file broser opens but I can´t select image files. Nothing happens and I can´t save the gallery. Error: please add a title. There is no title field for the gallery itself but for the pictures which I can´t select.

Next will be a contact form. I´ll let you know if there are issues.
Best,
SoHo

RE: Quality assurance testing and CUTTING EDGE - SoHo22 - 2018-04-23

i18n navigation doesn´t work.
Frontend errors:
Notice: Undefined index: filter in /var/www/virtual/artemano.de/test_artemano_de/htdocs/plugins/i18n_navigation/frontend.class.php on line 199

Notice: Undefined index: filter in /var/www/virtual/artemano.de/test_artemano_de/htdocs/plugins/i18n_navigation/frontend.class.php on line 199

test
Home
Does it help to post errors here this way or do you prefer it in a different way?

Best, Soho

Yeah thats fine, but remember that notices and warnings are not errors, but they might indicate a bug

RE: Quality assurance testing and CUTTING EDGE - Carlos - 2018-04-24

Oleg, just a quick comment:
By the soft errors you posted I see you are using a very old version of p01contact, that was developed before GS 3.0
It would throw the same Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in [...]p01-contact_gs.php on line 69 in any GS version after 2.x

RE: Quality assurance testing and CUTTING EDGE - Carlos - 2018-04-24

@SoHo22
Did you test GS 3.3.13 and I18N in that server before trying 3.4 alpha?

I18N works (more or less) for me in GS 3.4 alpha (PHP 5.3), though I think there are some issues. But I don't get those errors.

RE: Quality assurance testing and CUTTING EDGE - SoHo22 - 2018-07-31

(2018-04-24, 04:38:42)Carlos Wrote: @SoHo22
Did you test GS 3.3.13 and I18N in that server before trying 3.4 alpha?

I18N works (more or less) for me in GS 3.4 alpha (PHP 5.3), though I think there are some issues. But I don't get those errors.

Hi there, yes. I work with 3.3.13 on a lot of different servers and never hat such problems as with 3.4 alpha and php 7.1.

Can I do anything else?

I now checked other simple CMS but from my point of view there is no alternative to GetSimple. It would be very sad if GetSimple wouldn´t be developed anymore.

Best regards,
SoHo

RE: Quality assurance testing and CUTTING EDGE - shawn_a - 2018-08-02

Whats the problem? Whats the error?

RE: Quality assurance testing and CUTTING EDGE - SoHo22 - 2018-08-02

Hi shawn_a,
ok, I learned that these messages "Notice: Undefined index: filter in /var/..." are no errors.
Can I be of any further help? Does it make sense to test 3.4 again - on php 5.6 and/or 7.1? If so, can you post a link to the latest version?
Best regards,
SoHo

RE: Quality assurance testing and CUTTING EDGE - shawn_a - 2018-08-03

Yeah I mean ideally you want to fix them, maybe I can if I knew what version of plugin and line number.

But they are usually innocuous, if they are stopping your page from loading you can turn off debugging php display

RE: Quality assurance testing and CUTTING EDGE - poorboy2 - 2020-01-26

I'm using My Smtp Contact, http://get-simple.info/forums/showthread.php?tid=11201

On 3.3.15 the image captcha works fine but on 3.4, it shows the word captcha where the image should be. Same hosting, same on three different themes, including Innovation.

[attachment=922]

[attachment=923]

[attachment=924]

RE: Quality assurance testing and CUTTING EDGE - poorboy2 - 2020-01-26

(2020-01-26, 04:41:45)poorboy2 Wrote: I'm using My Smtp Contact, http://get-simple.info/forums/showthread.php?tid=11201

On 3.3.15 the image captcha works fine but on 3.4, it shows the word captcha where the image should be. Same hosting, same on three different themes, including Innovation.
[attachment=925]

My SMTP Contact is the newest and I think, best contact plugin there is.