GetSimple Support Forum
Another "thank you for this great CMS" post - Printable Version

+- GetSimple Support Forum (http://get-simple.info/forums)
+-- Forum: GetSimple (http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Another "thank you for this great CMS" post (/showthread.php?tid=513)

Another "thank you for this great CMS" post - Carlos - 2010-03-13

... great not only for creating small sites, but also for making sections within a bigger site or intranet easily editable by some user(s).

Another "thank you for this great CMS" post - internet54 - 2010-03-14

I can see this system really come into its own in about 6 months.

Another "thank you for this great CMS" post - banter - 2010-04-02

I totally agree. I am a hobby designer, I make website for friends, family etc but I am certainly not a developer and as such I really hate digging around in a load of code to make little changes here and there. I've picked up quite abit that way (older versions of cubecart, wordpress and drupal of all things) but I really wanted a truly simple cms for small sites and this is it!

Can you tell I'm ptretty chuffed with Get Simple, thanks so much to the developers. I can't wait to get cracking on my new site now!

Another "thank you for this great CMS" post - Darrell - 2010-04-03

I just found GS today, and I have to say... it's AMAZING! I LOVE it! I was just about to give up on an "easy" way to post pages... I kept looking at all kinds of CMS's and was even thinking of going to RapidWeaver (on Mac) to make my simple pages "templatable". The thing I really didn't like about RW is that if I want to edit a page, I have to be at MY mac.

Yesterday, I had just decided that maybe there's just no good CMS out there to just manage pages... I'm SOOOOO glad I found GS!

Another "thank you for this great CMS" post - ccagle8 - 2010-04-05

Thank you everyone... it's so great to see what i originally created turn into this great platform. The true greatness of GS comes from the community willing to help debug our code and releases.

Another "thank you for this great CMS" post - peteremil - 2010-05-13

Hi there - just want to drop in a thankyou.

I just found GS today through a mail from Hot Scripts, and I have to say... I like it very much!
Installation was a breeze; just copied the folder into my MAMP and filled in the requested info in the browser-config-page. Even quicker than the famous five minute install from WordPress. I am a designer by hart, no programmer. Like some others here I picked up a lot coding by poking around in WordPress and TYPOlight but I want to have a quick way to prototype as a designer. Am curious if GetSimple fits the bill. TYPOlight is very nice, but after a pause is really hard to pick up where I left off. I like the concept of Stacey - just have a file-folder structure instead of a database - and GS seems to do this in a XML-sort-of-way.

I will upload future projects when finished. First have to delve in the semantics and underlying structure to grasp the basics so I can speed up workflow on my next commercial project.

cheers Peter

Another "thank you for this great CMS" post - sysse - 2010-05-20

Hi, my name is Joel and I love GS.

-Hi Joel.

So I've been creating a pretty small-scale site for a local business. I've looked in to both Joomla and Wordpress as possible CMS's. I get fed up with them both as they didn't do what I thought they should be doing. Then I stumbled upon GS via some googling, and now I'm in love. Thank you!

Another "thank you for this great CMS" post - palm2002 - 2011-05-23

sysse Wrote:Hi, my name is Joel and I love GS.

-Hi Joel.

So I've been creating a pretty small-scale site for a local business. I've looked in to both Joomla and Wordpress as possible CMS's. I get fed up with them both as they didn't do what I thought they should be doing. Then I stumbled upon GS via some googling, and now I'm in love. Thank you!

I've been doing some small-scale web design jobs mostly with rapidWeaver. However, it means the clients / friends also need to have rapidweaver on their computers. After some experiments with WordPress and Joomla I found this site and am totally happy. Well, thanks, also on behalf of some clients / friends I'de designed the Web sites for.