GetSimple Support Forum
GSgallery 2.0 - Simple Image Gallery Plugin (Square It) - Printable Version

+- GetSimple Support Forum (http://get-simple.info/forums)
+-- Forum: GetSimple (http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Plugins (http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: GSgallery 2.0 - Simple Image Gallery Plugin (Square It) (/showthread.php?tid=702)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

GSgallery 2.0 - Simple Image Gallery Plugin (Square It) - Johonwayni - 2010-06-07

Hi

Pluing working.. Very Thank, but 'black screen' exiting

http://i50.tinypic.com/2h83jev.jpg

GSgallery 2.0 - Simple Image Gallery Plugin (Square It) - juliancc - 2010-06-08

Johonwayni Wrote:Hi

You might have conflicts with another jquery plugin. Do you use any other lightbox type plugin in your template?

GSgallery 2.0 - Simple Image Gallery Plugin (Square It) - Johonwayni - 2010-06-08

juliancc Wrote:

You might have conflicts with another jquery plugin. Do you use any other lightbox type plugin in your template?

yes, i usese another jquery plugin. i now checking..

answer for thanks

GSgallery 2.0 - Simple Image Gallery Plugin (Square It) - Johonwayni - 2010-06-08

Johonwayni Wrote:
juliancc Wrote:
yes, i usese another jquery plugin. i now checking..
answer for thanks

the problem was resolved. Thank you..

GSgallery 2.0 - Simple Image Gallery Plugin (Square It) - juliancc - 2010-06-09

Johonwayni Wrote:the problem was resolved. Thank you..

Glad you got it resolved. If you don;t mind posting what the problem was, just for informational purpose. That way if another user bumps into the same problem we know how to guide them.

Thanks!

GSgallery 2.0 - Simple Image Gallery Plugin (Square It) - andyash - 2010-06-18

Is there a possibility to add images in different folders for different galleries. I'm working on a project which will have hundreds of pics. And sifting and selecting through them will be a royal pain...

GSgallery 2.0 - Simple Image Gallery Plugin (Square It) - pierzo - 2010-06-18

Hi
How to get next / prev functionality?

GSgallery 2.0 - Simple Image Gallery Plugin (Square It) - juliancc - 2010-06-21

andyash Wrote:Is there a possibility to add images in different folders for different galleries. I'm working on a project which will have hundreds of pics. And sifting and selecting through them will be a royal pain...

Not possible at the moment. Not sure if this will be done anytime soon, but will add it to the possible enhancements list.

Thanks.

GSgallery 2.0 - Simple Image Gallery Plugin (Square It) - andyash - 2010-06-23

juliancc Wrote:Not possible at the moment. Not sure if this will be done anytime soon, but will add it to the possible enhancements list.

Thanks. Looking forward to it.

GSgallery 2.0 - Simple Image Gallery Plugin (Square It) - zajca - 2010-07-02

Hi,
Nice plugin but when I add it I get this warning on every page
Code:
PHP Warning:  call_user_func_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, string given in /srv/http/cos/admin/inc/plugin_functions.php on line 139

GSgallery 2.0 - Simple Image Gallery Plugin (Square It) - juliancc - 2010-07-02

zajca Wrote:Hi,
Nice plugin but when I add it I get this warning on every page
Code:
PHP Warning:  call_user_func_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, string given in /srv/http/cos/admin/inc/plugin_functions.php on line 139

It's an issue with GetSimple and PHP 5.3.*

Please follow instructions here:
http://get-simple.info/forum/viewtopic.php?id=737
until the new version of GetSimple is released

GSgallery 2.0 - Simple Image Gallery Plugin (Square It) - yojoe - 2010-07-03

Juliancc: are you still working on S.I.G ?
It's an awesome plugin for someone who edit the site content. But somewhat horrind for webmasters&webdevelopers. I'd like to point couple things which could be improved

1. SIG shouldn't hook links to css&js files into get_header(); function. It completely messes up xhtml code semantics. Simplifying the output looked like this:
meta description
meta keywords
meta generator
SIG js
SIG css
SIG <script>
my css
my js
my <script>
It would be nice to have dedicated SIG function to paste into template.
I understand that this plugin is hooked toget_header(); function, because all the links and scripts are being added to <header> only when an image gallery is added to a page. But I feel it can be done other way.

2. SIG contains too many files. I don't understand why there have to be 2 plugins ( loadtab&gallery, and couple php files for loadtab), why it has to create own thumbnails, when GS does the same after uploading images.

3. Is it possible to store all data in one xml file, instead of 1 gallery = 1 xml file ?

4. I didn't test ckfinder yet, but will there be compatibility issues between SIG and CKfinder ?

5. how about adding couple effects, which could be managed (switched) in admin panel ?
I've recently added jquery fancybox.net img displaying effects, but it's only a solution for websites with few images.

6. I had some horrid experiences with SIG's css. I accidentally looked inside embedded js script, whose task was to position the thumbnail vertically. This option should be changeable as well - I mean the user should have the possibility to set how the thumbnails are being shown (centered, at the bottom, at the top) of thumbnail container.

7. Zegnåt told me that SIG filters the output, and can be used only inside get_page_content(); area.
This makes it unusable with plugins such as customfield. I didn't test it, but I think it doesn't even work inside components.

I think that's all I've noticed testing SIG. Still easy to install and use for a content editor

GSgallery 2.0 - Simple Image Gallery Plugin (Square It) - juliancc - 2010-07-06

yojoe Wrote:Juliancc: are you still working on S.I.G ?

Yes.

yojoe Wrote:It's an awesome plugin for someone who edit the site content. But somewhat horrind for webmasters&webdevelopers. I'd like to point couple things which could be improved

1. SIG shouldn't hook links to css&js files into get_header(); function. It completely messes up xhtml code semantics. Simplifying the output looked like this:
meta description
meta keywords
meta generator
SIG js
SIG css
SIG <script>
my css
my js
my <script>
It would be nice to have dedicated SIG function to paste into template.
I understand that this plugin is hooked toget_header(); function, because all the links and scripts are being added to <header> only when an image gallery is added to a page. But I feel it can be done other way.

The plugin is intended for any type of audience. It's meant to be simple, and easy to use. I do understand your point, but I will no make changes regarding this.

yojoe Wrote:2. SIG contains too many files. I don't understand why there have to be 2 plugins ( loadtab&gallery, and couple php files for loadtab), why it has to create own thumbnails, when GS does the same after uploading images.

At the time, there was no easy way to make the plugin (SIG) attach itself to a tab, so I decided to create another plugin that could be used by the community that allows you to hook into the tabs of get simple. But this could change in the future, if the Original developers allow for implementation of plugins, just the way I did with tabloader.

Regarding the images, I create additional images based on the size of the thumbs. I felt that the original thumbs created by GetSimple were to small. Also I wanted to give in the future the ability for the users to change the size of the thumbs.

yojoe Wrote:3. Is it possible to store all data in one xml file, instead of 1 gallery = 1 xml file ?
Yes, but again, do not see an added benefit to doing that at the moment. Since most users will load only one gallery per page. Loading a bigger file and traversing the xml file could take more time in the FRONT-END.

yojoe Wrote:4. I didn't test ckfinder yet, but will there be compatibility issues between SIG and CKfinder ?
Don't know I have not tested this.

yojoe Wrote:5. how about adding couple effects, which could be managed (switched) in admin panel ?
I've recently added jquery fancybox.net img displaying effects, but it's only a solution for websites with few images.
Doing this in the next version, where users can turn on different plugins that will turn their galleries into more interactive galleries.

yojoe Wrote:6. I had some horrid experiences with SIG's css. I accidentally looked inside embedded js script, whose task was to position the thumbnail vertically. This option should be changeable as well - I mean the user should have the possibility to set how the thumbnails are being shown (centered, at the bottom, at the top) of thumbnail container.
True, I've been looking at changing this. But it has not been a priority as of now.

yojoe Wrote:7. Zegnåt told me that SIG filters the output, and can be used only inside get_page_content(); area.
This makes it unusable with plugins such as customfield. I didn't test it, but I think it doesn't even work inside components.

This is done.. I just have not committed this, as I've been testing it myself/

yojoe Wrote:I think that's all I've noticed testing SIG. Still easy to install and use for a content editor

Thanks for all your comments/questions. Sorry to hear that you've had a HORRID experience, but you are always welcome to fork SIG and make changes according to your needs. Just remember to give me credit for the original version. Smile

GSgallery 2.0 - Simple Image Gallery Plugin (Square It) - yojoe - 2010-07-07

Thanks Julian for explaining me couple things.
I was wondering about tweaking your plugin a little bit, because it's awesome and so simple to use, as getsimple Wink
But after your reply there's not much I could actually tweak, despite hooking SIG onto get_header();.
Adding js along with css can be done manually (although I'd love to be able to use hardcoded 2-3 variables or functions to use), but I know it will keep me awake at night for some long hours Wink

Quote:Regarding the images, I create additional images based on the size of the thumbs. I felt that the original thumbs created by GetSimple were to small. Also I wanted to give in the future the ability for the users to change the size of the thumbs.

hmm... how about altering gsconfig.php thumbnail option ?
I don't even know if this option works, because I've changed it only once, and don't know if thumbnails of uploaded images had their size changed.
I have mixed feelings about different thumbnail sizes of SIG and GS.
For me there is the same amount of pros and cons to have same size of thumbs, and different ones.

About my first -not_so_good- experience with SIG, it was mostly related to css I've created.
SIG inherited all link's styles inside content container, thus I had a hard time fixing displaying thumbnails.
But I still wasn't able to get rid of additional pixels in background's size, until I looked into SIG's jscript.
That's why your plugin is fantastic for non technical users. Unfortunately I had to take it down, and implement one of lightbox effects manually, because tweaking SIG only to display couple images took me too much time Sad

I'm glad to hear that SIG is going to work with customfields plugin, and components.
After you mentioned about more interactive galleries, I hope you will take into consideration all fancybox effects with methods of displaying descriptions.

About eventual updates, are you going to embed jquery with the plugin, not to use files located in admin directory ? It's one of things which bothers me in GS, that plugins use files located inside admin's directory, and I'd like not to see any links leading to this dir, for security reason.
Of course all files can be moved, and links inside them can be changed manually, but doing it over and over would drive me insane.
How about a possibility to switch between using jquery libraries stored locally, and loading them from google/CDN ?

GSgallery 2.0 - Simple Image Gallery Plugin (Square It) - folieplus - 2010-07-07

Hi,

i installed the plugin, if i try to create a new gallery i get this error after a click on save gallery:

Quote:Warning: SimpleXMLElement::asXML(4c3453a6d3878.xml) [simplexmlelement.asxml]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /www/htdocs/w00c5c02/webseite/plugins/squareit-gallery/processgallery.php on line 87
ERROR: Unable to save: 4c3453a6d3878.xml

any help, thanx

GSgallery 2.0 - Simple Image Gallery Plugin (Square It) - yojoe - 2010-07-08

Did you change permissions for directories inside SIG plugin ?
Both data, and thumbs dirs have to have permissions set to 755.

Make sure you uploaded all files.

GSgallery 2.0 - Simple Image Gallery Plugin (Square It) - folieplus - 2010-07-08

hi, yes i changed all the permissions and uploaded all files.... and i figured out that i also can't save any changes in the gallerie settings....

UPDATE: NOW IT WORKS! Smile

I changed the permission from 755 to 777...

thanx for this plugin...

GSgallery 2.0 - Simple Image Gallery Plugin (Square It) - ladesita - 2010-07-09

i really like this plugin! thank you!

but i just can't make it works Sad
it shows me the code - http://lades-websites.com/gs/galeria
i changed the permission to 755 , to 777 too, but still the same. I tryed to paste the gallery code in source view, in WYSIWYG too, but it's the same.
what may be the problem?

GSgallery 2.0 - Simple Image Gallery Plugin (Square It) - juliancc - 2010-07-09

ladesita Wrote:i really like this plugin! thank you!

but i just can't make it works Sad
it shows me the code - http://lades-websites.com/gs/galeria
i changed the permission to 755 , to 777 too, but still the same. I tryed to paste the gallery code in source view, in WYSIWYG too, but it's the same.
what may be the problem?

Are you using any other plugins?
Can you enable DEBUG MODE and see if there are any errors that the application is throwing?

Thanks

GSgallery 2.0 - Simple Image Gallery Plugin (Square It) - ladesita - 2010-07-09

juliancc Wrote:Are you using any other plugins?
Can you enable DEBUG MODE and see if there are any errors that the application is throwing?

Thanks
thanks fot the fast reaction, Julian Smile

i am using this plugins:

Quote:Admin Header Footer
Admin Tab Loader
GS Socialize
Branded Login
Custom Admin CSS
Author vCard
Exec-PHP
Simple Image Gallery

i'm little confused about php at all. i don't know how to enable debug mode Smile is not my strong point.

edit: ok, i found it how Smile
it returns :
Code:
Warning: Missing argument 1 for squareit_display_gallery() in /home/ladesweb/public_html/gs/plugins/squareit-gallery.php on line 513
Notice: Undefined variable: content in /home/ladesweb/public_html/gs/plugins/squareit-gallery.php on line 524
Notice: Undefined variable: content in /home/ladesweb/public_html/gs/plugins/squareit-gallery.php on line 540
it's $content missing. Ok, i'm very confused now... :\

GSgallery 2.0 - Simple Image Gallery Plugin (Square It) - edgeofchaos - 2010-07-10

Hey all!

I've just started using GS, and its a fantastic platform, and the forum is fantastic for solving any problems I've had!

Just wondering if anyone has tried including pagenation (automatic multiple pages) with this image GSGallery 2.0 plugin? So every ten images, a new page would be made with the new images?

Very simple and easy to use plugin by the way! Keep up the good work!

GSgallery 2.0 - Simple Image Gallery Plugin (Square It) - ladesita - 2010-07-10

i'm still having my $content missing problem Sad anyone help?

edgeofchaos , tell me more about pagenation (you can PM me). it sounds interesting Smile

GSgallery 2.0 - Simple Image Gallery Plugin (Square It) - juliancc - 2010-07-11

ladesita Wrote:i'm still having my $content missing problem Sad anyone help?

edgeofchaos , tell me more about pagenation (you can PM me). it sounds interesting Smile

It appears you have a problem with one of the installed plugins. I would guess is "Exec-PHP" can you try uninstalling this plugin and see if the problem is resolved.

GSgallery 2.0 - Simple Image Gallery Plugin (Square It) - ladesita - 2010-07-11

juliancc Wrote:It appears you have a problem with one of the installed plugins. I would guess is "Exec-PHP" can you try uninstalling this plugin and see if the problem is resolved.
you're my idol! thank you very much! Smile

GSgallery 2.0 - Simple Image Gallery Plugin (Square It) - devaintfire - 2010-07-11

Is there a way to make the thumbs bigger?

I am trying to use this here but can't get the css right to make it fill the space properly....

http://www.havoc-dlrp.info/30th-of-may-2009