Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hide selected content in web pages
I am using GetSimple to create and maintain manuals for a couple of Android apps I have created. These are not public apps, they are custom made and tailored for specific customers.

Some customers do not buy all the features and I would like to be able to simply "comment out" blocks of the manual/web page without having to create separate documents. 

Ideally, various "versions" of the manual would be called with different slugs but I am open to alternate ways. I simply do not want to have to maintain different versions of what is essentially the same document. If I edit a common section, I want all the users to get the updated content.

Any suggestion welcome.

PS: the reason I am creating the manual under GetSimple is that the web pages look great on all platforms, desktop or laptop, tablet or phone. I have tried many things and not only editing is easier than the alternatives but the pages look great, so I would like to keep using GetSimple for that. 
Another longer term objective is to save the page automatically as mhtml and download it to the phone/tablet because my users are frequently disconnected from the Internet.
It could be with the Dynpages plugin:

Create component 'page' with this:
Code:
<?php
global $args;
getPageContent($args[0]);
?>

Then create pages for the blocks you want to insert, with slugs block1, block2, ... or whatever. (I suggest you make them private and group them under the same parent page to distinguish them from normal pages.)

Then insert those common blocks in your normal pages with:

Code:
This is some text...

{% page block1 %}

This is more text...

{% page block3 %}

Blahblahblah...
(I ommitted block2 here)

(Not tested)
(2018-01-27, 05:15:08)Carlos Wrote: It could be with the Dynpages plugin:

Create component 'page' with this:
Code:
<?php
global $args;
getPageContent($args[0]);
?>

Then create pages for the blocks you want to insert, with slugs block1, block2, ... or whatever. (I suggest you make them private and group them under the same parent page to distinguish them from normal pages.)

Then insert those common blocks in your normal pages with:

Code:
This is some text...

{% page block1 %}

This is more text...

{% page block3 %}

Blahblahblah...
(I ommitted block2 here)

(Not tested)

Looks like that would do it nicely, I would just edit the blocks that need to be revised. Thanks a lot, I will try that.
What I like in particular is that the user will not know about the unavailable features even if they look at the page source, which is one of the things I really want to achieve.
(2018-01-27, 06:22:52)Didier9 Wrote:
(2018-01-27, 05:15:08)Carlos Wrote: It could be with the Dynpages plugin:

I just started with two blocks and it works well, only small remaining task is that I need to keep the table of content in sync if I add or delete blocks, but even if I can't automate that, that should not be too hard to do by hand.
At least now I can edit the blocks and all the manuals are updated automatically.
Thanks a lot!
Have you tried with the SA TOC / Anchors Plugin?