Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
p01-contact : simply add contact forms in your pages
Dear plugin developer,

in order not to cross-post, here's a link to another thread which might be related to your plugin (1.0b), but seems to affect the whole system (GS 3.0b r408). Accidentally deleting your plugin without disabling it first seems to render the system useless (please see the linked thread for info).
Hi all,

Sorry for the late answer (I no longer receive mail alert for new messages in the topic, a bug?).

Connie Wrote:the link to the documentation at http://get-simple.info/extend/plugin/p01-contact/35/ is still wrong, unfortunately:
Thanks, edited.

eR Wrote:Whether it is possible to create more than one form on a site this plug-in?
You can create any forms you want in a site, any you want in a page.

Connie Wrote:the subject is encoded in a wrong way
Thanks for reporting.

Connie Wrote:the text and the layout for the mail to send is a little bit stupid
What do you mean? Can you develop?

gimx Wrote:Hello,

Suggestions for the next release of this excellent plugin Smile

- Add checkbox in form "Send me a copy" or no checkbox and the plugin send copy at the sender automatically,
- Ability to customize the message after sending email (the page with the anchor #p01-contact),
- If no subject, the plugin should have a defaut subject like "Message from domain.tld" for example (no subject can redirect email in spam),
- Same suggestion with the name, not "Anonymous" but "User of domain.tld" for example.

That's all Smile

- "Send me a copy" : already implemented. See Special fields types in documentation.
- Customize confirmation message : it will be maybe an integrated translation system. If not, the translations are editable in /lang plugin directory.
- Default subject/name : you can create a form with a defined (fixed) subject or name (and even hide them in next release) if you want control that. I prefer to make all choices possible.

Anyway thanks, i'm glad you like it.

polyfragmented Wrote:Dear plugin developer,

in order not to cross-post, here's a link to another thread which might be related to your plugin (1.0b), but seems to affect the whole system (GS 3.0b r408). Accidentally deleting your plugin without disabling it first seems to render the system useless (please see the linked thread for info).
Thanks, I reply in it.
Quote:the text and the layout for the mail to send is a little bit stupid

ok, that was not very clear and precise, but see here:

[Image: p01contact.jpg]

the layout of the message is just ugly, there is no template to define a nicer one, mixing of too many styles

the sending-time does not reflect the default timezone which is set according to the default timezone of the GS installation, see here:

Sat, 26 Mar 2011 11:45:57 -0400 <= it is now 16:49 in Amsterdam/Berlin Time Zone
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
Connie Wrote:the layout of the message is just ugly, there is no template to define a nicer one, mixing of too many styles

the sending-time does not reflect the default timezone which is set according to the default timezone of the GS installation

In release 1.0 the action (here send a message) is separate from the plugin core, so edit the mail is easier. But above all, developing a new action like "send_template_mail" (an action who send a mail based on a simply editable template, for example) is possible. If you make it, feel free to share.
The server date have been removed in dev release.
p01 Wrote:If you make it, feel free to share.
The server date have been removed in dev release.

Sorry, I am a user, tester and translator, but no developer ;=)

It's good to hear that the mail-editing will be better because I got a lot of criticism from clients / potential users who asked for contact-forms and I showed them the output of the plugin, really nobody accepted that output Wink=(

Cheers, Connie
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
please take off the leading characters in the language list:

Code:
$p01contact_langs = array(
'de' => 'Deutsch',
'en' => 'English',
'es' => '~Español',
'fr' => 'Français',
'it' => '~Italiano',
'nl' => '~Nederlands',
'ru' => '~русский язык',
'sv' => '~Svenska'
);?>

it makes the selections in the select box ugly ;=(

can you add a link to the forum thread at the extend-page?

And modify please the compatibility-info, it is compatible with GS 3

Cheers, Connie
|--

I have a bit of PHP code showing in the page and I can not seem to find where to make the correction, can someone help me?

See screen shot below.

Bob
Connie Wrote:please take off the leading characters in the language list:
it makes the selections in the select box ugly ;=(
This character indicate the languages not fully translated. I agree, it's not very pretty. There will be a dozen of translations in the last release, so those partially translated will not be included.
See http://nliautaud.fr/wiki/travaux/p01-con...anslations

Connie Wrote:can you add a link to the forum thread at the extend-page?
Done, I missed this feature.

Connie Wrote:And modify please the compatibility-info, it is compatible with GS 3
Done, thanks. Edit : there is obviously some issues when there is an update to GS 3.0, so for the actual release of the plugin the compatibility with GS 3.0 is not assured.

rfuller Wrote:I have a bit of PHP code showing in the page and I can not seem to find where to make the correction, can someone help me?
Strange. What version of p01-contact do you use?
Code:
Warning: file_get_contents(/home/cp068800/public_html/neowebtime.ru/1/data/other/user.xml) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/cp068800/public_html/neowebtime.ru/1/admin/inc/basic.php on line 218

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/cp068800/public_html/neowebtime.ru/1/plugins/p01-contact_gs.php on line 69

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/cp068800/public_html/neowebtime.ru/1/admin/inc/basic.php:218) in /home/cp068800/public_html/neowebtime.ru/1/admin/inc/cookie_functions.php on line 30

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/cp068800/public_html/neowebtime.ru/1/admin/inc/basic.php:218) in /home/cp068800/public_html/neowebtime.ru/1/admin/inc/login_functions.php on line 81
Error: Headers already sent in /home/cp068800/public_html/neowebtime.ru/1/admin/inc/basic.php on line 218 If your browser does not redirect you, click here
that's what comes after attempts to log in adminpanel Version 3.0
Have you updated an existing website to GS 3.0?
You are the second to report this (see http://get-simple.info/forum/post/10849 , and particularly http://get-simple.info/forum/post/11071/#p11071), so for now the last release is not officially working with GS 3.0.

The error with GS 3.0 come from the line #18 in file p01-contact_gs.php :

Code:
$p01contact->default_email = admin_email();

Delete/comment it and define the default email from the admin panel; or change it to :

Code:
$p01contact->default_email = 'email@domain.tld';

Thanks for reporting Oleg.
Yes, it works
http://neowebtime.ru/1/cont-1
Hello P01,

Thanks for replies Smile

I see you have updated the plugin in april. What's new ? (your site is down...)
Please fix function admin_email(), users are saved in {username}.xml files.
Hi gimx,
There is nothing new for now. I have only updated links.
I'm finally on vacation, so i will work on it these next days and week. I hope bring it to 1.0.
Oh, and thanks for telling me my site was down, I had not noticed that!

Hi Joshas, this will be changed in next release.
For now, you can simply avoid the little issue by skiping the function. Read the answer to Oleg four messages above.

Oh, and thanks again to translators : there will be 13 languages included in the next release.

Have a nice day.
That is really good news. What about setting contact form language depending on $language variable from i18n plugin? It would be really useful.
Thanks for the reply Smile
p01: any thoughts about visual form builder in p01-contact v.2.0 ? Smile
This is merely a fontend task, as the output would just give a line of code to paste within page content.
Maybe saving form's data into xml, to see what sort of forms user created, would be also great.

btw. haven't used this plugin lately. I still have afair v0.8.1 on one of sites I've created, and after udpating GS to v3 everything seems to work.
If anyone could test some older versions and give some feedback about eventual problems, would be also great.
Addons: blue business theme, Online Visitors, Notepad
Hi all,

Joshas Wrote:That is really good news. What about setting contact form language depending on $language variable from i18n plugin? It would be really useful.

You can already define the language by editing "default_language" class attribute (cf. doc) and using "Default" language in plugin administration panel. Actually this default language is defined according to GS site language, but you can get i18n language if you want. And you can change this attribute anytime so you can have forms using different languages, even in a same page.

yojoe Wrote:p01: any thoughts about visual form builder in p01-contact v.2.0 ? Smile
This is merely a fontend task, as the output would just give a line of code to paste within page content.
Maybe saving form's data into xml, to see what sort of forms user created, would be also great.
Hi yojoe.
A visual form builder crossed my head, but there is a lot (lot) of work to do to reach my goal, before even starting to thinking to that. Maybe for v.20.0 ? Smile
(But you give me the idea to add a method who return a tag, to simply share)

Some news :
I have slightly worked on it, and I have started the big changes I wanted. There is too much changes to describe (I think the three-quarter of the code have changed...), but broadly :
- This is not a contact form creator anymore. This is a form creator, and anything can be done with it.
- The "tag" management is accessory : this is over all a library oriented for an easy development. The tag parsing system and syntax allows a quickest, simplest and shortest form creation but old programming can go much further. Of course you can mix the two techniques.
- Deeper and (i hope) more intelligently object-oriented and reviewed script structure. Developers (or hackers) can simply add functionalities without editing the script core : fields and actions (what the form do, like send a mail or add a comment) models are separated simple classes with theirs own methods and -maybe- settings.

These directions are so different that it will probably require a new name, documentation, topic... (For now I call it FormSimple Wink This is not even presentable for now, but if some of you are interested to testing it when it will, it will be with pleasure.

And so the current state of p01-contact will not be developed, if you see no objections.

Have a good night!
Good news P01 ! Thanks for your work and this great plugin :-)
Quote:A visual form builder crossed my head, but there is a lot (lot) of work to do to reach my goal, before even starting to thinking to that. Maybe for v.20.0 ? Smile
(But you give me the idea to add a method who return a tag, to simply share)

I thought it's just the simplest method to offer a visual form builder, and current functionality.
Otherwise you'd have to develop a method to connect created form with existing page.
And just by storing created form as a tag in xml file, you can rebuild the form on the fly.

Going further with this solution, it would be awesome to provide a form tag with a dedicated ID, so every changes made to the form wouldn't force the user to change the tag on page(s) containing this form.

Quote:Some news :
These directions are so different that it will probably require a new name, documentation, topic... (For now I call it FormSimple Wink This is not even presentable for now, but if some of you are interested to testing it when it will, it will be with pleasure.
Simple Form Builder ?
Ohhh those are definitely good news Smile

If you provide a working alpha I'd like to try it out, as I'm designing currently a new website, and contact form is on todo list Smile
And I'd be happy to see form's output code, and maybe give you some hints or ideas.

First question is about validation: what method will you choose ?
1. jquery alert window
2. containers with allerts added to right or left of certain input window
3. cumulative container with all alerts generated above form inputs
edit: 4. change colours of labels (or input border) to for example red, but users would have to get a message to correct fields marked with red

Second goes to captcha:
Besides P01's 3 captcha solution ( img based, fieldcaptcha, and password) I'd like to ask you to consider an simple math (twentyone + 3 is: ) or organic, question based captcha solution.
There could be as well an user defined words array (minimum 10), and it would work the same as password solution (rewrite randomly chosen word in input field), or even better:
rewrite [randomly chosen number]'st/nd/rd/th (or last one?) word you wrote in 1st textfield <- basing on minimum allowed words

Quote:And so the current state of p01-contact will not be developed, if you see no objections.
If there were no problems or bugs with latest version - not to leave users on the ice - I see no contraindications to develop a more powerful form plugin.

Although allow creation of basic contact plugin as simple as possible.

Lookin forward for v2 Wink
Addons: blue business theme, Online Visitors, Notepad
A bit late (sorry p01), but here's the updated Spanish lang file for 0.9.1
Hi all,

Thanks Carlos, p01-contact was already translated in spanish, but there will work to do for FormSimple Smile

yojoe Wrote:First question is about validation: what method will you choose ?
1. jquery alert window
2. containers with allerts added to right or left of certain input window
3. cumulative container with all alerts generated above form inputs
edit: 4. change colours of labels (or input border) to for example red, but users would have to get a message to correct fields marked with red
Like for p01-contact (the core is the same), i use hand-made php validation. I wan't use any external library, to be free and simple as possible.
About display, like p01-contact, a red star indicates what fields are required, and a small red sentence is displayed next to the field label to indicate what error happened (field empty and required or content not valid).
There is more html5 supports : if you use a modern browser it will ask you to fill the required fields.

But over all, I repeat than p01-contact or FormSimple create only the html structure. The styling is left to the user.

yojoe Wrote:Besides P01's 3 captcha solution ( img based, fieldcaptcha, and password) I'd like to ask you to consider an simple math (twentyone + 3 is: ) or organic, question based captcha solution.
There could be as well an user defined words array (minimum 10), and it would work the same as password solution (rewrite randomly chosen word in input field), or even better:
rewrite [randomly chosen number]'st/nd/rd/th (or last one?) word you wrote in 1st textfield <- basing on minimum allowed words
I agree. With the actual system, any developer can create this field and share it to the community.
The goal for official release is to have sufficient internal captchas and delete securimage from FormSimple bundle.

yojoe Wrote:Although allow creation of basic contact plugin as simple as possible.
Actually, the minimal tag to create a form who send a mail to targets defined in settings is :

Code:
(% sendmail form %)

Not too complex? Smile

FormSimple alpha :

As promised, here it is.
It's slightly bigger than p01-contact (actually it's more than 9000 lines, around of 1700 lines without configurations and translations files), but I hope as simple as it to use.

This alpha is only for beta testing and is not ready for deployment. There is probably a mountain of bugs and errors, and some (small, i think) functionalities are not implemented yet.

I have not had the time to explain the news (but the code is of course commented) or the orientations, so it's exploration time for now.
Later there will be phpdoc, code description and documentation.

Feel free to ask and report anything.

Good evening!
Oleg06 Wrote:Yes, it works
http://neowebtime.ru/1/cont-1

I am using this plug in and it is working in my local host. However, when I upload the same directory to my remote server, the plug in does not show up in the admin panel. Any idea why this might be happening? Thanks in advance..
Hi, it seems like you have missed to copy the handle file p01-contact_gs.php next to the p01-contact folder?
p01 Wrote:Hi, it seems like you have missed to copy the handle file p01-contact_gs.php next to the p01-contact folder?

Thanks! Worked promptly.