Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
p01-contact : simply add contact forms in your pages
Hi yojoe,

many thanks for this short solution, it works fine!
Wer nicht überzeugen kann sollte wenigstens Verwirrung stiften!
Slowly i'm learning webdesign and I've installed this plugin but the form just keeps adding spaces between, for example, between the "name*" and the text flied it has a somewhat large bit of unused space. Is there a way to fix this because the form is using alot of sspace now and is making my page too long for a simple contact page.
Robertman20 Wrote:Slowly i'm learning webdesign and I've installed this plugin but the form just keeps adding spaces between, for example, between the "name*" and the text flied it has a somewhat large bit of unused space. Is there a way to fix this because the form is using alot of sspace now and is making my page too long for a simple contact page.

Try to set a fixed width for p01 form labels in your css stylesheet.
Addons: blue business theme, Online Visitors, Notepad
a great and highly configurable plugin! I use it for receiving applications.
Can I use it to send a standard letter to the user, such as "your application is accepted, etc." instead of a copy of the application?

sorry for the automatic translation.
yojoe Wrote:
Robertman20 Wrote:Slowly i'm learning webdesign and I've installed this plugin but the form just keeps adding spaces between, for example, between the "name*" and the text flied it has a somewhat large bit of unused space. Is there a way to fix this because the form is using alot of sspace now and is making my page too long for a simple contact page.

Try to set a fixed width for p01 form labels in your css stylesheet.

Thanks for the quick reply, though I already have a fixed width in my CSS and it doesn't seem to work. I've added a screenshot of what's happening. I hope you can help me.
Robertman20 Wrote:Thanks for the quick reply, though I already have a fixed width in my CSS and it doesn't seem to work. I've added a screenshot of what's happening. I hope you can help me.

I guess it's a problem with floating elements and/or elements height/line-height/margin.
It may also be a problem with form's width, which may be too short for labels/inputs inside of it.
Without looking at the live css code I can only guess.
yojoe Wrote:I guess it's a problem with floating elements and/or elements height/line-height/margin.
It may also be a problem with form's width, which may be too short for labels/inputs inside of it.
Without looking at the live css code I can only guess.

I haven't put much in the CSS and I've only used the width code, posted earlier (Page 11 of this topic).
here is a link for the website (That is what you need to check the live CSS code right?) : http://www.cortexe.byethost7.com/index.php?id=contact
It would be nice if you could have a look at it for me Smile
Robertman20 Wrote:I haven't put much in the CSS and I've only used the width code, posted earlier (Page 11 of this topic).
here is a link for the website (That is what you need to check the live CSS code right?) : http://www.cortexe.byethost7.com/index.php?id=contact
It would be nice if you could have a look at it for me Smile

Ohhh there's a huge mess in your css.
Most of problems are caused by elements displayed as blocks (divs, spans), instead of leaving them as inline elements, and lack of height attribute,
First off delete (or comment out) your whole css related to p01 contact form.
Then look at all block elements you have set in your css, and see how does a bare p01 form look.
To have a nice floating labels and inputs, try using below css code
Code:
.p01-contact label {
    width: 200px;
    margin-top:8px;
    margin-right: 10px;
    line-height:25px;
    text-align: right;
    vertical-align:middle;
    float:left;
    clear:left;
}
.p01-contact span {
    float:left;
}
.p01-contact input,
.p01-contact select{
    width: 230px;
    margin-top:8px;
    padding:3px 8px;
}

All form elements should have default css display value set.
Divs containing form elements can also have a fixed height - it depends on styles you set globally for all same elements.
I'm new to getsimple. Downloaded the simplico theme and your plugin. Unzipped the folder p01-contact with its content (plugins/p01-contact/p01-contact/p01-contact_gs.php) into plugins. But it doesn't show up in the plugins-section (adminstration) where I can activate it. I'm also not sure, what codes to add where. I would like to have the contact form with the captcha). Can you help me with a detailed instruction (step by step). Many thanks in advance.
Eisendrath, you need upload p01-contact_gs.php and folder p01-contact direct into /plugins folder.
Many thanks for your help. I tried it 2 or 3 times and had no success. Then I copied the original plugin-folder back (deleted the old files) and then it worked. I guess, I must have had some wrong php-data somewhere (while trying different plugins). Now I see the entry form and everything. It also works. Only when I add a name in the name-field, it sends me a wrong email adress and the correct email adresse I did put into the emailadress-field. I believe, I have to do some adjustment either in the contact.php file (?).

Many thanks to all of you for your help!
I find this info in the header of the incoming message:

Code:
BAD HEADER SECTION, Improper use of control character (char 0D hex): From: someuser<xxx@yyy.com>\r

and the required name is not in the incoming mail

I forgot how to configure the structure of the incoming mail, please help out
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
I have just installed your plugin on a site http://www.woodruff.in/contact/

I am continuously getting the error - Error: No message was sent.

Why is it not working. I have checked the email ids and they are fine.
andyash Wrote:I have just installed your plugin on a site http://www.woodruff.in/contact/

I am continuously getting the error - Error: No message was sent.

Why is it not working. I have checked the email ids and they are fine.

Did you setup default e-mail in plugin's options, and use it when you call the plugin ?
Did you try with disabled captcha ?

Does php mail() function work on your hosting account ?
yojoe Wrote:Did you setup default e-mail in plugin's options, and use it when you call the plugin ?
Yes
yojoe Wrote:Did you try with disabled captcha ?
Yes
yojoe Wrote:Does php mail() function work on your hosting account ?
Need to check this. Any other options if it doesn't function?
The website is hosted with whois.com. They explicitly need the From email address to be of the site hosted at their server. I have changed the Get-Simple admin email and p01-contact default email ids to the email ids of the site hosted on their server but no luck. I still get the "Email not sent" error.

Is there any way I can add the from email id explicitly inside the p01-contact plugin code?

Whois.com support staff has sent me this script which automatically sends an email on execution but it does not have a user filled form associated to it. How can I build a contact form around it?

<?

$mailto="andy.prakash@gmail.com";
$file="thanks.htm";
$pcount=0;
$gcount=0;
$subject = "Test Mail from Enquiry Form";

$from="somebody@woodruff.in";
while (list($key,$val)=each($_POST))
{
$pstr = $pstr."$key : $val \n ";
++$pcount;

}
while (list($key,$val)=each($_GET))
{
$gstr = $gstr."$key : $val \n ";
++$gcount;

}
if ($pcount > $gcount)
{
$message_body=$pstr;
mail($mailto,$subject,$message_body,"From:".$from);

include("$file");
}
else
{
$message_body=$gstr;

mail($mailto,$subject,$message_body,"From:".$from);
echo "Mail sent";
}
?>
Edit /plugins/p01-contact/p01-contact.php
Go to line 724 and change the code you'll find into something like this:
Quote: $serveremail = "your_account@woodruff.in";
$headers = "From: $email <$serveremail>\r\n";
$headers .= "Reply-To: $email <$serveremail>\r\n";
$headers .= "Return-Path: $email <$serveremail>\r\n";
This way an email existing on your hosting account should be placed in mail's header, and you should get sender's e-mail address as a name in "from" column.

If you want to get visitor's name, add below code under line 707 (//footer infos)
Code:
$content .= '<p>From: '.$name.' ('.$email.')</p>';

I can't guarantee that this solution will work.
Still not working.
I must be missing something. I unzip the folder and put the file 'p01-contact_gs.php' and the folder 'p01-contact' into the plugins folder. Then I navigate to the plugins page. I immediately get the error "Notice: Undefined index: p01-contact_gs in location-to-my-GS-install/admin/plugins.php on line 54" and my font size increases... So i refresh and then I get the errors:
Warning: file_get_contents(location-to-my-GS-install/data/other/user.xml) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in location-to-my-GS-install/inc/basic.php on line 257

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in location-to-my-GS-install/plugins/p01-contact_gs.php on line 69

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at location-to-my-GS-install/admin/inc/basic.php:257) in location-to-my-GS-install/admin/inc/cookie_functions.php on line 23

Did I do something wrong?
rtaustin Wrote:I must be missing something. I unzip the folder and put the file 'p01-contact_gs.php' and the folder 'p01-contact' into the plugins folder. Then I navigate to the plugins page. I immediately get the error "Notice: Undefined index: p01-contact_gs in location-to-my-GS-install/admin/plugins.php on line 54" and my font size increases... So i refresh and then I get the errors:
Warning: file_get_contents(location-to-my-GS-install/data/other/user.xml) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in location-to-my-GS-install/inc/basic.php on line 257

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in location-to-my-GS-install/plugins/p01-contact_gs.php on line 69

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at location-to-my-GS-install/admin/inc/basic.php:257) in location-to-my-GS-install/admin/inc/cookie_functions.php on line 23

Did I do something wrong?

I guess things get messed up if you have debug mode on.
please do not citate yourself with so long citations, that is not necessary if you write a direct follow-up ;=)

Cheers, Connie
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
Using GetSimple 3.1 beta, unzipped everything in the plugin folder, but nothing is shown. What do I miss here?
dont work in GetSimple 3.1.
i need some form contact plugin to work in 3.1 version, anyone can help me?
Thanks
Hello and thanks for your great plugin. So is it possible to use multiple contact forms on one page (different fields, subjects, recipents etc.) ? Thank you.
small issue with 0.91 and latest gs beta (3.1.1)

turning debug on you get a :
Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /var/www/mysite/plugins/p01-contact_gs.php on line 69

i guess it's related to "$data = getXML(GSDATAOTHERPATH . 'user.xml');" but on my setup there's no user.xml file in that location, but there is a directory named /data/users/ with all individual username.xml files inside.