3.3.16 Beta
some xss fixes and stuff

https://github.com/GetSimpleCMS/GetSimpl...g/3.3.16b1
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
Thanks for the updates Shawn,

I am still hooked on the 3.3.15
Is 3.3.16 already recommended ?
This is not 3.3.16 - it's a beta version, for testing before it's actually released.

What do you mean by "hooked on..." ?
I know is beta, but i so confused when i saw 3.3.15 on login screen and health checkSmile Will there be any new options for this version?
True. It seems Shawn forgot to change the version number in this beta.

No new options, this fixes some security-related issues.
rofl
fucking stupid here
fixed thanks!

https://github.com/GetSimpleCMS/GetSimpleCMS/releases
carlos can you think of anything useful that needs to go in this release?
What kind of stuff? You mean new features?
Yes, something we need to address in 3.x before I start trying to actually push 3.4
If you mean bugs or other stuff that needs to be fixed, I can't think of anything besides the uploadify issue.

If 3.4 is still going to take some time to be released, I'd suggest you make dropzone a plugin for 3.3.x so that we can get rid of flash.
Anyway... once we have tested a bit this beta, you can release it, then later if there's anything to address you can just release 3.3.17
Yeah I dont plan on a 3.3.17 though lol
To: ALL

You can download 3.3.16 beta 2 here: https://github.com/GetSimpleCMS/GetSimpl.../v3.3.16b2 (under Assets)
Thanks Carlos for pointing to 3.3.16b2

What is the difference with the 3.3.16b1 ?
Correct version number.
hello from France, about 3.3.X, do you plan to maintain security fixes, even when the 3.4 is out ?
I'm asking because, i don't plan to use the 3.4. cause for hosting size (10Mo limit for free) i am able to use the 3.3.X which is 1.6Mo and i use Uploadcare for taking care of my images. I run about 30 pages, And everything is perfect like this. i don't even reach the 10Mo Wink .
Thanks for your answer.
Quote:hello from France, about 3.3.X, do you plan to maintain security fixes, even when the 3.4 is out ?

Hello Zekoolweb

I think that is a good question. There are lots of good reasons to keep using the 3.3.xx
and one of them is that not all plugins are compatible with the 3.4. Another reason is
that the 3.3.xx fits the bill just fine for the websites that needs to be build.
If I am correct then all latest security vulnerabilities are fixed for the 3.3.xx,
but yes who knows in the future somebody will find another security issue.
I also would like to know if the 3.3.xx will still be maintained in the future.
If not, then I would like to ask Shawn or Carlos how much php experience is needed
to fix your self security issues for the 3.3.xx
I dont think means hosting storage ? Usually your bandwidth is capped
Anyone can maintain 3.x I will not
Hi, user ASEMION (http://get-simple.info/extend/a/asemion) has got the skill but he will not do it alone.
Maintain GS is a job for a group of people.
I have compared both versions. I think you can probably strip a lot of stuff from GS 3.4, for your specific needs. Removing Fontawesome folder from admin/template saves 1.8 mb, removing ckeditor skins except GetSimple saves you 0.8 mb and so on. You would have to strip this with every release, but you can make a script for that. I think this is a better solution than staying with old GS (well apart from possibly having better plugin support).
Also some files are double, minified and not minified, which makes sense for a source download. In the final version, the non minified files would get removed I think.
3.4 has not been optimized and may still include some source files, I will have to check there was also some cke plugins for testing. i will take a look but I think I cleaned it most up as I was getting ready for beta, it could definitely be stripped down and move ckeditor into a plugin
good idea Datiswous i'll keep all that in mind. and Shawn, GS is really awesome, thanks.
any idea when 3.3.16 Final will be released? I have a site waiting to be coded with GS, should I use 3.3.15 or 3.3.16 beta (with security fixed) if it still takes awhile to be released. Thanks!