Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Support for multilanguage sites, Internationalization (I18N)
Since the other thread got no attention so far, would anybody here have any idea how to fix this problem:
http://get-simple.info/forums/showthread.php?tid=6022
It's basically about the sitemap not being created correctly for sub-language pages...

Cheers and thanks for any help!

Tom
Hi
Thanks for the plugin,
I have an important question, I checked the sitemap.xml file which has been generated by the plugin however it is outdated and I need to update it asap, would you please help me and show how I can have it updated,

Thanks,
Try updating any page, sitemap.xml should be re-generated.
If not, check if you have GSNOSITEMAP set to true in your gsconfig.php
If not, enable debug mode, update some page and see if you get any errors, and check data/other/logs/errorlog.txt
Hi there,

is there a way to vary the meta description depending on the selected language?

Alex
@mvlcek, got this PHP notice with GSDEBUG = true on Apache 2.4, PHP 5.6:

Quote:Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; I18nNavigationItem has a deprecated constructor in ...\plugins\i18n_navigation\frontend.class.php on line 349
My ISP upgraded me to php 7.0 and now I get this warning:

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; I18nNavigationItem has a deprecated constructor in /homepages/26/d230266985/htdocs/EDS-FL/plugins/i18n_navigation/frontend.class.php on line 349

I upgraded the plugins (i18n_base and i18n_navigation) to the latest as of 3/1/2017 (v3.3.1) and I still have this message (it got rid of a second message I had, the original plugin was at least one year old).

Any suggestion as to how to fix this would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance

PS: after posting this question, I see the last post was a reference to the same message, with no solution offered Sad
just declare an empty __construct function inside the I18nNavigationItem class, it should enough for the moment.
Code:
public function __construct() {}
Hello,

i've been searching for a while now but didn't find a setting to show the creation date and publish date of each page in pagelist.

If there's no setting, could someone please tell me, how to add it, i.e. additional to the information shown when i press toggle status?
I'd like to see those dates already in the pagelist. Right now it's only visible when editing the page.

Carlos told me (http://get-simple.info/forums/showthread.php?tid=9908), that I18N base replaces the original pagelist, which showed the dates.
Could somebody please tell me, how i can add them again, using I18N and Special pages?

Thank you very much in advance.
Kind regards.
Shasaar
You can already see the publish date in the list view. Not sure but, the creation date is not stored by default, you will have to save it manually with special pages or something else. Showing is not a big problem, you could use a hook to override pages list, "pages-main" for example.
Hello Bigin,

thank you, it's right, the creation date is not necessary, but the publish date isn't shown when you use the I18N plugin.
Funnywise, the date is written in the "title" component of the <a>-tag but not shown in the list.

I did the following changes in the template files now, in case somebody wants to see the publish date in list view also:

plugins/i18n_base/pages.php

- line 148: change colspan to 4
- line 173: add <td style="text-align:right;"><?php echo shtDate($page['date']); ?></td>
- fill the missing <td> in the following lines (after else ...) with <td></td>, usually before the <td "secondary link">

Thanks.
Shasaar
Hi Shasaar,
if the date already there, an other option would be to use a "CSS tooltips" in pure CSS, to display the date in tooltip, instead of changing the plugin file. Here's an example: http://jsfiddle.net/tDQWN/
Hello Bigin,

thank you for your reply, that's a pretty good idea too and I already saved your code and may use it for something else.

This time, I want the publish date to be visible all the time, cause I've got a bunch of articles and the customer needs to see, which one is the oldest or the newest, so that he can decide, which one to update.

Cheers.
Shasaar
I use the I18N Vers. 3.13. Unfortunatly in the original Menue of "Iridium" Theme the "current" Menue is class="current active"
But the I18N with the Language Menue Plugin produces only class="current" for active Menue bottons.

How can i change this, that the Language Menues not have different show of the "normal" Iridium Active Buttons.
I also want actrive Button with a frame around.

Here you can see: http://pantanal.ch

Thanks for help
I am having a problem trying to run I18N Navigation on PHP 7.x

All pages seem to be 404, I get the message "Oops! Page not found!"
Including the sites home page.

If I de-activate the plugin, all is good, or if I install using  php 5.6 all works fine.

GS Community Edition with php8.x compatibility, new features and much more!  Support Me

that can be caused by server specific configuration, i18n works fine after a modification ("constructor" warning fix) on PHP7.x or bad .htaccess config
(2018-07-27, 19:47:46)morvy Wrote: that can be caused by server specific configuration, i18n works fine after a modification ("constructor" warning fix) on PHP7.x or bad .htaccess config

Does not work for me I18N on php7.
Can anyone fix this plugin?
what doesn't work? did you modify the "/plugins/i18n_navigation/frontend.class.php" ? After line 358 "private $data = array();" insert "public function __construct() {}" .. I'm using it on PHP 7.2.0 with no issues
(2018-09-03, 23:49:27)morvy Wrote: what doesn't work? did you modify the "/plugins/i18n_navigation/frontend.class.php" ? After line 358 "private $data = array();" insert "public function __construct() {}" .. I'm using it on PHP 7.2.0 with no issues

Sorry, I missed your recommendations, now I'll try.
Please, maybe somebody can help with this old problem:

http://get-simple.info/forums/showthread.php?tid=6022

There are no parent slugs in sitemap.xml and rss. I use last versions of plugin i18n and GS.

Maybe require some changes in core GS code (for using "parent-of-parent" slugs in links)  Huh

Please, need your help.
(2018-09-03, 23:49:27)morvy Wrote: what doesn't work? did you modify the "/plugins/i18n_navigation/frontend.class.php" ? After line 358 "private $data = array();" insert "public function __construct() {}" .. I'm using it on PHP 7.2.0 with no issues

Hi
I try this arrangement but i still have the OOOPS PAGE NOT FOUND, any suggestion?
bad htaccess, try to turn off fancy urls
(2018-09-19, 19:15:46)morvy Wrote: bad htaccess, try to turn off fancy urls

i try and the error continues... i'm a little newbie on this... how is that of bad htaccess and how do i correct it????
Using GS 3.3.14? Try 3.3.15: http://get-simple.info/forums/showthread...4#pid63004
I found a small bug:

Just after installation, if you enable "i18n base" and "i18n navigation", create some pages and make some multi lvl navigation structure, it will crash. And what I mean is that you will able to see some bugs in the structure in the page tab (some tree wont open, some get weird behavior).

To fix the bug all the user needs to do is to click "by title" from options above. I guess this button executes kinda regenerate the structure function. Please fix it if possible. Thanks.
Friends, I have to move a website to another server
before the move everything worked fine.
I use two statements in my template:

this one is in the header and it works like it should:  

<?php get_i18n_navigation(return_page_slug(), 0, 0); ?>

the other statement is for a sidemenu and it is set like this:

<?php get_i18n_navigation(return_page_slug(),1,100); ?>

this one creates permalinks with an additional string "index" which should not be and creates "404":

wrong permalink in sidemenue: https://www.lyriktext.de/index/ingold-uebersetzt/  => 404
correct permalink in sidemenue:  https://www.lyriktext.de/ingold-uebersetzt/  

I found that the default slug of the startpage is added to the sub-pages of the startpage. That's where the "index" in the created slug comes from. But I must get rid of that!!

I have "friendly URLs" activated in the settings and I have cleared the cache and cleared the browser cache
I checked the documentation and can't find the reason

please help me out!

Cheers, Connie

PS: I went through all pages and tried to find a reason for my situation:

- Fancy Urls are active
- custom permalink was entered %parent%/%slug%/

that is why the subpages of the startpage get the "index" in their URL
if I set to "%slug%/" only I had troubles with everything

I set the custom permalink structure empty and now all links are perfect EXCEPT the subpages of the indexpage, because that uses a fixed slug "index" which I can't get rid of
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18