Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Per-page robots tag
Perhaps a per-page option to block bots from that specific page? This is useful for if you want to create a new page, but don't want it indexed before you're sure that it is correct. If you work for a boss, you know why I'd like a feature like that.
Manager of a manufacturing workshop.
Also, per-page title tags?
John

If I understand your request correctly, Get Simple already does both of your requests.

Try Page Options (Top right of editor.) after you create your pages, mega tags can be added per page there and also you can mark the page as private until you are happy with how it looks.

Bob
rfuller Wrote:John

If I understand your request correctly, Get Simple already does both of your requests.

Try Page Options (Top right of editor.) after you create your pages, mega tags can be added per page there and also you can mark the page as private until you are happy with how it looks.

Bob

Ah, yes, the private option. Sweet! Thanks!
Hi rfuller,

I had a look at the private option. It removes the page from the site completely. Would be sweet if it kept the page, but made it 'invisible' to search crawlers.

Any case, it's no train smash.

Thanks!
Don't add the site to menu, and do not link to it.
After you create sitemap, delete the entry for this page.
You can also create a dedicated template and disable robots from indexing this page.
Of course robots.txt may be also your friend Wink
Addons: blue business theme, Online Visitors, Notepad
Great idea yojoe. Could always just noindex,nofollow a temp folder setup and send the link to the boss.

Thanks for the reply.
Afair somebody developed a plugin that allows to see content only for logged in users.
This may also be a solution.
If I could, I'd build a plugin for it. If I could, I'd build plugins for plugins, and then plugins for those plugins, and then plug everything into everything else, and have one huge plugin, and invite everyone over for a massive plugin party; and then plug in my hifi with some music. :-)

Wish I could understand PHP like some of these PHP freaks. Just can't get my head around it.

But it's no train smash; the changes I want to see are small.

Thanks!
I would second a request for per-page robots options. Of course you can edit robots.txt manually, but also can write whole site manualy w/o GS.
If sitemap is generated automatically, it could also rely on per-page settings - at least a plugin for that would be useful.

For the moment would it be difficult to add possibillity of influencing <changefreq>? Now "weekly" is hardcoded in sitemap.php, so maybe a variable in gsconfig could just add a safe possiblility to change it for the whole site instead of tweaking sitemap.php everytime.
Ampersand: customfields plugin meets your requirements for defining meta robots per page.
Thanks, when I got to this http://get-simple.info/forum/topic/373/n...elds#p2364, it looks exactly what I meant in DIY version - template, .xml and it rocks. Now I only long for someting like GSSITEMAPCHANGEFREQ variable and a one-word mod of sitemap.php to make use of it. This is my deepest desire, really.

And on the other hand considering plugins, you have to make hard decision between regular CustomFields plugin and heavily adertised mlvcek's I18N pack version...